PDA

View Full Version : Driven 2015 Discussions Thread

HiSpec
05-25-2015, 02:03 PM
I didn't stay around for the award. Is there a best paint or best detailed award? I noticed a lot of the vehicles have swirls and 'love marks' on their paint. I thought a show car should have flawless or near flawless paint.

Aside from that, the quality of cars this year has gone up significantly. :clap:

GOnSHO
05-25-2015, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec
I didn't stay around for the award. Is there a best paint or best detailed award? I noticed a lot of the vehicles have swirls and 'love marks' on their paint. I thought a show car should have flawless or near flawless paint.

Aside from that, the quality of cars this year has gone up significantly. :clap:

There was a best paint, went to a Dodge Ram i think??

as for the swirls/love marks, gotta rmbr they are still daily drivers for a lot of people. And even after detailing, need to drive TO the show and then try and clean it off.

Type_S1
05-25-2015, 05:12 PM
Man...how did some of those cars make the show...including a couple at the beyond booth. There were some great rides no doubt but some were daily drivers with a few thousand in bolt on accessories?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-25-2015, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
Man...how did some of those cars make the show...including a couple at the beyond booth. There were some great rides no doubt but some were daily drivers with a few thousand in bolt on accessories?

I get what you are saying but I'm sure there are also people who have to accept cars on a case by case basis too based on advertising and vendors etc. I probably should not have got my car in as its not very "showy" more performance oriented but it got in anyway for whatever reason.

Type_S1
05-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

I get what you are saying but I'm sure there are also people who have to accept cars on a case by case basis too based on advertising and vendors etc. I probably should not have got my car in as its not very "showy" more performance oriented but it got in anyway for whatever reason.

Showy or not, there was stockish cars with coil overs, rims, exhaust, headers and fancy wiring in the engine. That isn't car show quality haha. If you have a fully built engine car guys will have mad respect for that, not just random $500-1000 bolt ons here and there.

There were some sweet rides though...overall a decent show but would rather just attend some of the weekly/monthly meets as there are just as good, if not better cars.

max_boost
05-25-2015, 05:40 PM
Man...how did some of those cars make the show...including a couple at the beyond booth. There were some great rides no doubt but some were daily drivers with a few thousand in bolt on accessories? Representing the crew and not necessarily full blown up show cars. :thumbsup:

Squishy
05-25-2015, 05:59 PM
Please grow a pair and elaborate on which cars exactly you're referring to?

Every car in the beyond booth has had extensive time, effort and money put into them. That's why 4 of 10 of them got awards.

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-25-2015, 06:05 PM

Don't go next time. Vote with your wallet. I wasn't even planning on attending this year, but I got a message at 5:30pm on Friday asking if I could drop my bike off. I was happy to oblige, since I didn't need it on saturday. I haven't even seen a single picture of it yet either.

Driven itself doesn't vet the cars. The only requirements (from what I remember) is if the car was <$50,000 it requires aftermarket rims. All they care is that the entry fee is paid.

Honestly, I've always had an issue with paying to enter your car. It's a double sided sword.. Pay to enter your car, audience pays to see it. That's why I like the illmotion Sunday School, because at least you can spectat for free. I didn't even get a second ticket out of it this year, just entry for myself.

BerserkerCatSplat
05-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by TopSpeed
The judging is horrible they do not follow show point system but more of there pal system .

Said somebody, about every judged car show in the history of ever.

Redlyne_mr2
05-25-2015, 08:02 PM
Our scene is too small to be so selective. To me a true show car is full paint and aero, full engine build with stand alone, full brakes, interior, stereo, suspension, then custom work with authentic parts to bring it all together. That's so hard to find in a town that has winter 7 months of the year.

IMO one of the best builds was Jeffs Corolla gts, gorgeous paint, rebuilt everything , retrofit oem power locks and windows with some super rare parts. That body dropped black 4Runner was nuts, that tsx was well done, that 240 with the 2j. The coilover and wheel cars are there As filler.

Redlyne_mr2
05-25-2015, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by TopSpeed
The show was good .. Lots of fun there .
As far as some of the posts on here about some cars not belonging ... That person is 100% correct , it's a car show the top of yyc cars should be there and from out of town ... The judging is horrible they do not follow show point system but more of there pal system .
Had to share my two cents lol
On saying that and before the hate rolls in if you put that aside it's a good show lots of good people and friends that share the love of cars and I ENOY every min of it. Congrats to all the winners and to all that participated .

I disagree man, the cars that won won for a reason. There were a few cars there that has all exterior but no wngine or interior. I see the cars that won and they were all complete . 962 kid and Jeff Lange definitely aren't friends with car show peeps :)

FitterMike
05-25-2015, 09:16 PM
So I pulled positive things out of the show and I have some comments as well. As far as the detailing. Can you clean more then the outside of your cars. I seen cars that couldn't even bother to vacuum the interior. I spent the time making sure every section of my car was clean you would be hard pressed to find dirt on my car that I entered and that includes the wheels wells. Which I noticed no one bothered to care about. Second of all the judging. I felt I brought a solid car for the show had everything done from Stereo to wheels stance and a 540hp motor that got more attention then anything else however when the judges came to my car they barely looked at it. Also how can you have a Best Ford Best Dodge but no best GM? Five Camaro's and 3 Corvettes at the show plus what was there for the old muscle. This show brought out a lot more different cars this year and was very impressed with the overall selection of cars this year. Do I feel ripped off ya I do but I have to expect that. I was at a show that the people don't like my choice of car and that's fine however you want to attract more of those cars I think you have to be un biast towards them. If anyone is wondering this is my car.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l285/mike_kinney00/camarodriven.jpg (http://s99.photobucket.com/user/mike_kinney00/media/camarodriven.jpg.html)

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-25-2015, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by FitterMike I seen cars that couldn't even bother to vacuum the interior.

I forgot to vacuum the drivers side of my car so I am guilty of this, but otherwise the exterior of my car was pretty spotless and the engine bay was especially clean.

95acc
05-25-2015, 09:36 PM
I agree with Mike.
I understand the all the judges are volunteers,but they should spend a little time looking at the cars. I feel that our cars were completely looked over by the judges because they were distracted by the F40 when it was fired up. I know they didn't notice the ridiculous level of cleanliness of this Camaro. And not sure they noticed the Audio,which by the way has some of the hardest to get gear on the market and one of only a handful of cars in the country with it.

Overall it was a great show. There are always going to be things that don't make people happy at shows,its always been like that and always will be.

Not everyone can drive a full fledge trailer queen show car,there aren't that many around anymore.
Don't hate on cars because they don't have everything done,but props should be given for the ones that do.

03ozwhip
05-25-2015, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by FitterMike
So I pulled positive things out of the show and I have some comments as well. As far as the detailing. Can you clean more then the outside of your cars. I seen cars that couldn't even bother to vacuum the interior. I spent the time making sure every section of my car was clean you would be hard pressed to find dirt on my car that I entered and that includes the wheels wells. Which I noticed no one bothered to care about. Second of all the judging. I felt I brought a solid car for the show had everything done from Stereo to wheels stance and a 540hp motor that got more attention then anything else however when the judges came to my car they barely looked at it. Also how can you have a Best Ford Best Dodge but no best GM? Five Camaro's and 3 Corvettes at the show plus what was there for the old muscle. This show brought out a lot more different cars this year and was very impressed with the overall selection of cars this year. Do I feel ripped off ya I do but I have to expect that. I was at a show that the people don't like my choice of car and that's fine however you want to attract more of those cars I think you have to be un biast towards them. If anyone is wondering this is my car.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l285/mike_kinney00/camarodriven.jpg (http://s99.photobucket.com/user/mike_kinney00/media/camarodriven.jpg.html)

It's ok, I like your car Mike lol wish I wasn't working, it looks like I missed a good show. I got shafted at the show back in '06 too. No, I'll never let it go lol

tomt64
05-25-2015, 10:10 PM
Second of all the judging. I felt I brought a solid car for the show had everything done from Stereo to wheels stance and a 540hp motor that got more attention then anything else however when the judges came to my car they barely looked at it.

Probably because it looks like most other camaros, boring. :eek:

As a judge I would be looking at a car for style and originality, not looking to see if it had "everything done to it". Theres always next year!

95acc
05-25-2015, 10:16 PM
That car is FULL of style and originality. We feel the judges didn't take the time to notice any of it.

If this is judged on a point scale and I assume it is,otherwise it would be just judges picking because the like the colour ect. Than a car that has everything done and done REALLY well and is absolutely spotless should score VERY well. That's kind of the point of being judged. It's not a popularity contest.

tomt64
05-25-2015, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by 95acc
That car is FULL of style and originality. We feel the judges didn't take the time to notice any of it.

I think the judges did a good job considering the hard choices they had to decide on.
If the judges dont notice it, that says it all really.

Beter luck next year fellas!

Edit: loved the vid!

NoPulp
05-25-2015, 10:35 PM
I'm sure everyone at the show felt they brought an award winning car. The judges are actually pretty attentive if you know their process. At the end of the day they try to be unbias and have to make a hard decision.

You can NEVER make everyone happy.

95acc
05-25-2015, 10:36 PM
The judges didn't look for it is all I'm saying

Screw it, it's not worth complaining about anymore ,whats done is done.

Maxx Mazda
05-25-2015, 10:40 PM
Love that guy on the bike during "rollout" who had to just bounce off the rev limiter so we could all hear his sweet exhaust!

Shlade
05-25-2015, 11:19 PM
Am I the only one who didn't care about judging or awards? I didn't enter my car for that I entered it to hang out with friends and be part of the fun environment. The car got a lot of attention which was cool as well.

You're going for the wrong reasons expecting to win awards... If you win you win obviously it was well deserved then.

Also, had this photo sent to me while I was at the library doing an assignment when I stepped away from the show for a couple hours.

Dumb disrespectful cunt leaning on my car with his bottle. Really wish I was there to confront him and educate his dumb ass about respect
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b622/bullittvlad/image.jpg1_zpsbyp9hcrj.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/bullittvlad/media/image.jpg1_zpsbyp9hcrj.jpg.html)

GOnSHO
05-25-2015, 11:33 PM
Some guy was leaning against my corvette, i called him out and he told me to relax. i told him if he didnt remove his fucking ass from my car, id remove his legs from his body..

was not impressed.

Shlade
05-25-2015, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by GOnSHO
Some guy was leaning against my corvette, i called him out and he told me to relax. i told him if he didnt remove his fucking ass from my car, id remove his legs from his body..

was not impressed.

I noticed a few douchebags at the show. Obviously don't have a car there themselves. Not only that did anyone notice how much some people kept touching other people's shit!? Like what the fuck man isn't it obvious and the unwritten car guy code to look at shit with your eyes not with your hands?

Fucking piss off. Noticed A LOT of that at the show. I wouldn't wanna cause a scene at a show like that but if I caught somebody leaning on my car like you did I probably would of. Looking at the photo I posted of the guy leaning his bottle on mine keeps making me angry.

Some people have zero respect

GOnSHO
05-25-2015, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Shlade

I noticed a few douchebags at the show. Obviously don't have a car there themselves. Not only that did anyone notice how much some people kept touching other people's shit!? Like what the fuck man isn't it obvious and the unwritten car guy code to look at shit with your eyes not with your hands?

Fucking piss off. Noticed A LOT of that at the show. I wouldn't wanna cause a scene at a show like that but if I caught somebody leaning on my car like you did I probably would of. Looking at the photo I posted of the guy leaning his bottle on mine keeps making me angry.

Some people have zero respect

Worst part was that he gave me attitude during that, even after seeing i was wearing a Driven Staff Shirt..

definitely no respect at all, i can see why the high end guys put rails around their cars.

rp_guy
05-25-2015, 11:59 PM

definitely no respect at all, i can see why the high end guys put rails around their cars.

some dumb bitch fell into my car after initially leaning on it to take a photo. i started seeing red and then yelled at her, and she ran away only for her husband (i'm assuming he was) to come and 'defend' her. by defend he stated that he never told her to do that (so that excuses her actions, obviously), and that he had a nice car too (ok, where is it?).

at the end of the show, i saw two lines on my spoiler where people dragged their fingers across the dust.

in addition, two models (who were wearing 'driven' bikinis) entered my friend's convertible, which was locked (and they proceeded to unlock by reaching into the vehicle and releasing the manual locks). I understand that they may be 'official' models, but isn't there some common decency to at least ask before opening someone's locked vehicle?

we shouldn't have to put railings around our cars. there should be respect towards other people's personal property.

eclipse.soul
05-26-2015, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by rp_guy

some dumb bitch fell into my car after initially leaning on it to take a photo. i started seeing red and then yelled at her, and she ran away only for her husband (i'm assuming he was) to come and 'defend' her. by defend he stated that he never told her to do that (so that excuses her actions, obviously), and that he had a nice car too (ok, where is it?).

at the end of the show, i saw two lines on my spoiler where people dragged their fingers across the dust.

in addition, two models (who were wearing 'driven' bikinis) entered my friend's convertible, which was locked (and they proceeded to unlock by reaching into the vehicle and releasing the manual locks). I understand that they may be 'official' models, but isn't there some common decency to at least ask before opening someone's locked vehicle?

we shouldn't have to put railings around our cars. there should be respect towards other people's personal property.

and then there were the two other guys that were pushing Ddown on our ITR to "test" the suspension, like wtf.

BavarianBeast
05-26-2015, 07:56 AM
Damn, anybody got some cheese for all this wine?

rp_guy
05-26-2015, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Shlade

Dumb disrespectful cunt leaning on my car with his bottle. Really wish I was there to confront him and educate his dumb ass about respect
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b622/bullittvlad/image.jpg1_zpsbyp9hcrj.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/bullittvlad/media/image.jpg1_zpsbyp9hcrj.jpg.html)

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

found the bro

rage2
05-26-2015, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
Love that guy on the bike during &quot;rollout&quot; who had to just bounce off the rev limiter so we could all hear his sweet exhaust!
Don't people know that revving a motor cold like that is pretty bad? When I rolled out, I was in 2nd gear and just idled it out as quiet as possible. Some of the guys at the door wanted me to rev the car, I'm like sorry, cold engine.

I was shocked that ZR did a press conference in the middle of the show to rev 1/2 the cars in their booth after they've been sitting cold for over a day. Glad the kids liked it, but damn, can't be good for the motors. Oil smoke everywhere. The owner of the F12 in our booth wanted to know if I wanted him to rev his motor too, until I told him that it was really bad for the car. Glad I saved at least one from potential damage.

SR240SX
05-26-2015, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by rage2

The owner of the F12 in our booth wanted to know if I wanted him to rev his motor too, until I told him that it was really bad for the car. Glad I saved at least one from potential damage.

I saw him start it and just barely blip the throttle...then shut if off lol. Must of had second thoughts after starting it.

eglove
05-26-2015, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by rp_guy
found the bro

Is that actually the person? That would be hilarious if it were someone from beyond

Originally posted by rage2
I was shocked that ZR did a press conference in the middle of the show to rev 1/2 the cars in their booth after they've been sitting cold for over a day. Glad the kids liked it, but damn, can't be good for the motors. Oil smoke everywhere. The owner of the F12 in our booth wanted to know if I wanted him to rev his motor too, until I told him that it was really bad for the car. Glad I saved at least one from potential damage.

I was thinking the exact same thing and said that to a friend. But I guess with his mentality. Money ain't a thang. Haha.

G
05-26-2015, 10:15 AM
What company/group did the white R8, red Chevelle with white strips, red Ferrari with the SCUSA plates belong to?
They all had the Racing for the Cure signs on their cars.

Shlade
05-26-2015, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by eglove

Is that actually the person? That would be hilarious if it were someone from beyond

I was thinking the exact same thing and said that to a friend. But I guess with his mentality. Money ain't a thang. Haha.

If it is then bmw driver explains it all lol

Rocket1k78
05-26-2015, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by BavarianBeast

There aint enough cheese to go with all whine about this show. Bitching about models looks, cars not nice enough and yadda yadda.

GOnSHO
05-26-2015, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by G
What company/group did the white R8, red Chevelle with white strips, red Ferrari with the SCUSA plates belong to?

I believe it was Storm Division??

Skyline_Addict
05-26-2015, 11:11 AM
I'm surprised people actually go to this show expecting to win a trophy. It's just a car show!

rage2
05-26-2015, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Rocket1k78
There aint enough cheese to go with all whine about this show. Bitching about models looks, cars not nice enough and yadda yadda.
It's the same thing every year. Eventually, you learn to not take things personally.

Shlade put it best. Go to enjoy the show and hang out with people. For me, it was great seeing a lot of OG's, and hanging out and chatting with some of our Beyond sponsors.

brucebanner
05-26-2015, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by G

I believe it was Storm Division??

Storm Division is correct. The guy that owns the R8 is an acquaintance from high school and he's one of the owners of the company.
www.stormdivision.com

Once again I didn't get down to the show, totally forgot about it and I was even on days off this time. From the pictures it looks like there was a lot of really nice stuff there!

88CRX
05-26-2015, 12:10 PM
Had a great time at the show.... lots of cool cars, tons of people in attendance and liked how Mark and his group changed stuff up this go around.

Also as Mark said thanks to Beyond for stepping up and making this show happen :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As far as awards are concerned you'll never make everyone happy.... oh well.

eglove
05-26-2015, 12:24 PM
I think the people who won definitely deserved it - that may come off biased as I am one of the winners. I never expected to actually win, I was hoping for something. But it was more to just clean my car up, hang out with the buds all day and just have fun. It was really nice to see the out of province cars make the trip. The TSX from Manitoba was HAWT. I wish I could make the drive out there to rep Calgary.

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
Love that guy on the bike during &quot;rollout&quot; who had to just bounce off the rev limiter so we could all hear his sweet exhaust!

Which bike?

94boosted
05-26-2015, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by bruceod

Storm Division is correct. The guy that owns the R8 is an acquaintance from high school and he's one of the owners of the company.
www.stormdivision.com

Once again I didn't get down to the show, totally forgot about it and I was even on days off this time. From the pictures it looks like there was a lot of really nice stuff there!

:werd:

It was the Storm Division booth, the owners brought the White Audi R8 and the Dark Blue Viper GTS. My car was also in that booth :)

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-26-2015, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted

:werd:

It was the Storm Division booth, the owners brought the White Audi R8 and the Dark Blue Viper GTS. My car was also in that booth :)

Your car scares me.

NoPulp
05-26-2015, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by eglove
I think the people who won definitely deserved it - that may come off biased as I am one of the winners. I never expected to actually win, I was hoping for something. But it was more to just clean my car up, hang out with the buds all day and just have fun. It was really nice to see the out of province cars make the trip. The TSX from Manitoba was HAWT. I wish I could make the drive out there to rep Calgary.

+1

I was just happy to be there and meet new people. I was expecting people to say "why is this car in here" about mine, which I did get a little. But I also got a lot of interest. Definitely wasn't expecting an award...

As for the other vehicles I was very impressed with 99% of them.super insane builds there.

Overall it was by far the best show I've attended.

jdmXSI
05-26-2015, 01:30 PM
All in all, I thought it was a good show. Nice to see some different cars out than some of the usual ones at the shows. I can feel the pocket book starting to hurt already.

I do agree that some of the detailing was atrocious. One car had all sorts of spots all over the hood...

The lack of respect was kinda sad too, even rails didnt stop people from ducking and taking pictures with the cars from ZR.

M.alex
05-26-2015, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI

The lack of respect was kinda sad too, even rails didnt stop people from ducking and taking pictures with the cars from ZR.

I don't know why people bother with car shows. I don't want to have to worry about people leaning on it, touching it, trying to sit in it, etc...

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-26-2015, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

I don't know why people bother with car shows. I don't want to have to worry about people leaning on it, touching it, trying to sit in it, etc...

Some of us like to talk to people about our cars and passion, I know lots of people who encourage people to sit in their cars and see what it feels like. That's what a true enthusiasts does In my opinion, he takes the time to talk to people and explain things and get their opinions and let them experience things they don't always get to see.

94boosted
05-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

Your car scares me.

:rofl: Yah it can be a handful

Maxx Mazda
05-27-2015, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

Which bike?

I was over by the F40 when he rolled out so I only saw the back. Looked to be all black. The guy manning the door was shaking his head too. I mean it was hard to miss, loud as fuck.

Rage I did see you roll out, and yes I can't believe how many people weren't afraid to rev a cold engine.... Boggles my mind.

iAvery
05-27-2015, 12:00 PM
Also how can you have a Best Ford Best Dodge but no best GM? Five Camaro's and 3 Corvettes at the show plus what was there for the old muscle.

I looked at the winners from drivenshow.ca/calgary and from what I can remember that was a fully built '12 Camaro with 850whp that took home best muscle, and the 99 Chev s10 took overall best in custom. Hard to justify having another category when 2 of 9 cars are already winners. That's like giving an award for participation when 2 others are clear winners in that category, would you also classify cadillac in that? Which that CTS-V was phenomenal also, another car that won an award.

:dunno:

BerserkerCatSplat
05-27-2015, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by iAvery

I looked at the winners from drivenshow.ca/calgary and from what I can remember that was a fully built '12 Camaro with 850whp that took home best muscle, and the 99 Chev s10 took overall best in custom. Hard to justify having another category when 2 of 9 cars are already winners. That's like giving an award for participation when 2 others are clear winners in that category, would you also classify cadillac in that? Which that CTS-V was phenomenal also, another car that won an award.

Bingo. It's not uncommon that if the winner of Best Musclecar or similar is from Brand X, then the award also counts as Best Brand X if that brand's turnout isn't high enough to justify a separate award.

FitterMike
05-27-2015, 12:54 PM

I don't disagree with those two cars at all. Bretts CTS-V is unreal same with Lances Camaro that has a hell of a motor. My car was built at the same place as those two cars. All I was saying that if they took the time to look at the cars in our booth they would of been surprised. They didn't look in my trunk they barely looked at my car and my car has as much as those two cars and was brought together in a complete package. I think those two cars deserved the awards they received and never complained about that. I just felt that no GM class put me out of contention with anything. I am not a muscle car I don't have 830whp I have 540 and am on 22's but I am supercharged and with a much cleaner looking engine bay. Brett's CTS-V is a complete package and I would not compete in the performance category with that either. Both of those cars won if I understood correctly on performance as they should of. I think the cars that won are great and I am not trying to take anything away from them. All I am saying is if the judges actually looked at my car they would of been pleasantly surprise that's all.

iAvery
05-27-2015, 01:23 PM

I don't disagree with those two cars at all. Bretts CTS-V is unreal same with Lances Camaro that has a hell of a motor. My car was built at the same place as those two cars. All I was saying that if they took the time to look at the cars in our booth they would of been surprised. They didn't look in my trunk they barely looked at my car and my car has as much as those two cars and was brought together in a complete package. I think those two cars deserved the awards they received and never complained about that. I just felt that no GM class put me out of contention with anything. I am not a muscle car I don't have 830whp I have 540 and am on 22's but I am supercharged and with a much cleaner looking engine bay. Brett's CTS-V is a complete package and I would not compete in the performance category with that either. Both of those cars won if I understood correctly on performance as they should of. I think the cars that won are great and I am not trying to take anything away from them. All I am saying is if the judges actually looked at my car they would of been pleasantly surprise that's all.

I'll be honest, I was one of the judges at the event. This year was by far one of the hardest years in judging. TONS of great builds came out. I 100% remember looking over your car and it was a very clean install/ride. The WRX next to you I'm pretty certain won the in car entertainment (ICE), which was close between all 3 cars lined up side by side in that booth and got into a pretty good discussion to justify why what vehicle won. For future wise, i recommend walking up to a judge and explaining anything that we potentially would miss. Some things may get over looked as there was no build chart explaining everything. You'd be in awe at how many people just walked up to us to talk about the build they've done. That's what makes every car unique in it's own way.

Unfortunately we were on a time crunch to have everything looked at, and we literally finished right before having the awards on stage. Recommendations for future is always welcome, and we do listen to them to try in making the show better for next year. It was discussed to have a Chevy category but the volume of vehicles to ones that already won felt exactly like i voiced, a participation award. We want to be fair to everybody and make sure the right vehicles won.

After the event we discussed other things we could've added, like best drift car, or potentially the best Z car (Which there was only 5 cars i believe, we combined into Nissan instead). If anybody has any ideas I will be more then welcome to share it with the other judges for the future. PM me anytime. :)

kenny
05-27-2015, 04:39 PM
Soo.... who's heading to Winnipeg for Driven on July 11?

eglove
05-27-2015, 04:44 PM
12hour drive...I dunno if I am up for that on a 3 day weekend..lol

FitterMike
05-27-2015, 04:48 PM

I'll be honest, I was one of the judges at the event. This year was by far one of the hardest years in judging. TONS of great builds came out. I 100% remember looking over your car and it was a very clean install/ride. The WRX next to you I'm pretty certain won the in car entertainment (ICE), which was close between all 3 cars lined up side by side in that booth and got into a pretty good discussion to justify why what vehicle won. For future wise, i recommend walking up to a judge and explaining anything that we potentially would miss. Some things may get over looked as there was no build chart explaining everything. You'd be in awe at how many people just walked up to us to talk about the build they've done. That's what makes every car unique in it's own way.

Unfortunately we were on a time crunch to have everything looked at, and we literally finished right before having the awards on stage. Recommendations for future is always welcome, and we do listen to them to try in making the show better for next year. It was discussed to have a Chevy category but the volume of vehicles to ones that already won felt exactly like i voiced, a participation award. We want to be fair to everybody and make sure the right vehicles won.

After the event we discussed other things we could've added, like best drift car, or potentially the best Z car (Which there was only 5 cars i believe, we combined into Nissan instead). If anybody has any ideas I will be more then welcome to share it with the other judges for the future. PM me anytime. :)

It's all good. I wanted to come talk to you. I stepped out for one minute to grab a drink when you guys judged my car. I know that I can see the Chevy category growing just on some of the conversations I have had after the show. I will come out better next year always improve that's all I can do.

95EagleAWD
06-05-2015, 10:45 AM
I missed the show this year, but having judged it for years, it's a long, hard, stressful day. We (the judges) are usually all good friends and we fight and bicker about cars all day.

It's NOT easy, that's for sure.