PDA

View Full Version : Removing gender designation at Birth

Sugarphreak
05-26-2015, 08:06 PM

sr20s14zenki
05-26-2015, 08:08 PM
Jesus fucking christ. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

englishbob
05-26-2015, 08:13 PM
There is stupid,more stupid and then obviously the BC human rights tribunal.
Didn't bother reading the bulk of it after the preface but what are we to name our newborns? Thing or it?

Mibz
05-26-2015, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by englishbob
There is stupid,more stupid and then obviously the BC human rights tribunal.
Didn't bother reading the bulk of it after the preface but what are we to name our newborns? Thing or it? Pat or Sam, obv.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/99/Itispat.jpg

BerserkerCatSplat
05-26-2015, 08:23 PM
I was under the impression that birth certs listed sex, not gender. Mine sure does. :dunno:

Sugarphreak
05-26-2015, 08:24 PM

suntan
05-26-2015, 08:39 PM
He has the tits for a woman.

The_Rural_Juror
05-26-2015, 08:51 PM
That's his family name.

FraserB
05-26-2015, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
I was under the impression that birth certs listed sex, not gender. Mine sure does. :dunno:

This.

Sex is a physiological certainty. Gender is what can be fluid. The stupid thing is that the activists themselves have screwed this up.

CompletelyNumb
05-26-2015, 08:58 PM
:banghead: This world is doomed.

FraserB
05-26-2015, 09:39 PM
I just noticed the lower case thing. WTF is that?

mr2mike
05-26-2015, 09:40 PM
Had to have this discussion in Social Psych... still a dumb conversation.

BerserkerCatSplat
05-26-2015, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

The stupid thing is that the activists themselves have screwed this up.

The irony is both bitter and hilarious.

HiTempguy1
05-26-2015, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

Basically sums it up. Im happy I'll be dead in another 50 years, fuck everything about the way society is going.

You know those dystopian futures where everyone is equal, sex is done for having kids and not fun, and everyone is "happy"? That is where we are heading.

lilmira
05-26-2015, 10:17 PM
every restaurant is taco bell

heavyfuel
05-26-2015, 10:36 PM
Armageddon can't come fast enough.

Graham_A_M
05-26-2015, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

Word, I'm seriously losing a lot of hope for people as a whole with this entire "trans gender" horseshit. Holy fucking god. :banghead: :banghead:

syscal
05-27-2015, 12:37 AM
NVM.

jwslam
05-27-2015, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Word, I'm seriously losing a lot of hope for people as a whole with this entire "trans gender" horseshit. Holy fucking god. :banghead: :banghead:
Kids are too fragile to have their feelings hurt.
Kids have the right to FEEL which gender they are.
Kids have the right to FEEL smart, hence they're not allowed to fail.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

KIDS HAVE ZERO RIGHTS GODDAMNIT!

Masked Bandit
05-27-2015, 07:58 AM
Did our parents & grand parents feel this way about the future of society when we were young? My guess is yes but I can't say for certain.

All this trans-gender / bike lane / NDP in government makes me want to punch a baby seal.

Need more coffee to put up with the BS the pansies of society are spewing out.

Sugarphreak
05-27-2015, 08:22 AM

E46..sTyLez
05-27-2015, 08:28 AM
Seriously this shit is getting ridiculous

CapnCrunch
05-27-2015, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

This article is full of gems btw...

Vancouver human rights lawyer barbara findlay, who is representing the complainants and spells her name in all lower case.

I am just imagining this person suing everybody who spells her names with a capital at the front. Seriously, wtf is with the lower case name?

Why am I forced to label myself by using a name at all?

I'll be filing a suit with beyond.ca for forcing me to choose a username AGAINST MY RIGHTS AND MY WILL!!

BerserkerCatSplat
05-27-2015, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

The activist is pants-on-head retarded, but let's not pretend that transgenderism/dysphoria isn't a real condition. :dunno:

rx7boi
05-27-2015, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by FraserB

The stupid thing is that the activists themselves have screwed this up.

Pretty much, even emo faggy transgendered people on Facebook can't seem to get it right when they're complaining about how their life sucks when people give them gender labels that aren't congruent to their sense of self-identity.

jwslam
05-27-2015, 09:28 AM
Boys and Girls have obvious dominant traits; preferences for toys, TV programs, physical strength, among other things. Trying to treat all kids as gender neutral until they are a teen is going to lead to a lot of messed up kids.
I feel like the preferences thing goes back to environmental more than ecological.

Case in point:
3JDmb_f3E2c

BigMass
05-27-2015, 09:31 AM
I'm still trying to pinpoint the exact date when beyond turned into a cesspool of right wing Bill O'Reilly tide goes in tide goes out conservatards who harken back to the good old misogynistic, racist, homophobic and transphobic days of the 16th century

CompletelyNumb
05-27-2015, 09:32 AM
Can't wait to see an all male hockey team win the IIHF Women's World Hockey Championship and get away withnit because they all identify themeselves as female.

It is getting that absurd. Don't even try to deny it.

CompletelyNumb
05-27-2015, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by BigMass
I'm still trying to pinpoint the exact date when beyond turned into a cesspool of right wing Bill O'Reilly tide goes in tide goes out conservatards who harken back to the good old misogynistic, racist, homophobic and transphobic days of the 16th century

https://marswillsendnomore.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/david-silverman-meme-painting-5.jpg

BigMass
05-27-2015, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
Can't wait to see an all male hockey team win the IIHF Women's World Hockey Championship and get away withnit because they all identify themeselves as female.

It is getting that absurd. Don't even try to deny it.

because moral and ethical societal advancements should always be put on hold if they introduce confusion in such important activities like professional sports :rolleyes:

Sugarphreak
05-27-2015, 09:40 AM

FraserB
05-27-2015, 09:45 AM

because moral and ethical societal advancements should always be put on hold if they introduce confusion in such important activities like professional sports :rolleyes:

This does absolutely nothing to protect people's rights and it doesn't deny them any either. Putting M or F on someone's birth certificate doesn't hurt them when they are growing up, if need be, there are already methods to change this. Not assigning a sex on the BC won't change how a child is raised either.

Sex is a biological/physical attribute, not a psychological one. I can identify myself as a woman, a cat or a tree; but it doesn't change the fact I'm biologically a male.

BigMass
05-27-2015, 09:48 AM
Boys and Girls have obvious dominant traits; preferences for toys, TV programs, physical strength, among other things. Trying to treat all kids as gender neutral until they are a teen is going to lead to a lot of messed up kids.

Reminds me of this story I keep hearing about a transgender woman (former man) who competes in the company golf tournament.... she wins the women's driving contest every year.

Fuck the rights of everybody else to their own gender I guess?

what can causes messed up kids is raising them within a structure that goes against their nature before they are old enough to be aware of their own self identity. This can foster confusion, resentment, self hate and potentially other mental problems in a child that could lead to other issues like depression and suicide. Pushing certain clothing, toys and sexual identity and preference for the opposite sex before the child is able to self identify can lead to very serious repercussions in LGBT kids. For example, having a father push on his boy that is young but subconsciously identifies as a female, constant reinforcement of "hot chicks" and "stuff for real men" like sports or certain toys when that child has zero interest or ability to relate with those things can lead to some serious mental problems in that child. This is the situation society is trying to advance, understand and foster a real solution to. Nobody says it's going to be easy or the answers presented are always the best or right ones.

BigMass
05-27-2015, 09:51 AM
the entire shift of concern over sports is seriously laughable. Fucking sports guys, seriously? These are the same arguments they were using 75 years ago to prevent blacks from entering sports to compete against whites because it won't be fair for white males to have to compete against "these animals" that have superior physical abilities. :rolleyes:

blownz
05-27-2015, 09:53 AM
I don't look forward to the day there is not men's and women's section in clothing stores and I have to look through everything to find a simple shirt. lol

I agree with most people here that this isn't an issue as when you are born, the doctors are identifying your physical sex. They clearly have no idea what you think you are, but they physically know what you are. And your records should state this as when doctor looks at the file for a patient, they should know what they are dealing with. As an almost 40 year old male should I not have my prostate checked if I don't identify as a male?

If you can think you are a cow and graze on grass in a field all day, are you are still a human? Or are we going to start being able to opt out of that as well? If so I would like to be referred to a Liger from now on. :drama:

FraserB
05-27-2015, 09:55 AM
the entire shift of concern over sports is seriously laughable. Fucking sports guys, seriously? These are the same arguments they were using 75 years ago to prevent blacks from entering sports to compete against whites because it won't be fair for white males to have to compete against "these animals" that have superior physical abilities. :rolleyes:

One person drew a parallel with sports. The other arguments basically center on how ridiculous this whole debacle is getting.

Easiest solution would be to identify any documents where "gender" appears as a descriptor and replace it with "sex". Argument being that the term "gender" has evolved over the years and the improper term is being used.

Sugarphreak
05-27-2015, 10:00 AM

jwslam
05-27-2015, 10:02 AM
take one of the examples they had; Lego tripled sales to girls by introducing girl themed toys. They didn't create consumers out of thin air, they simply took a unisex toy that generally appealed to boys (as building toys often do) and added things like playhouses and dolls that would appeal to girls. If anything, that is proof that certain traits are ingrained into gender.
No. I'm saying that the lego toys appeal to boys because parents of boys have always believed that boys like lego more than girls and therefore more purchases are made by boys' parents for boys, compared to barbies are marketed for girls' parents who buy them for girls.

Part of that is social stigma; be honest, most if not all of you here would judge me for buying a barbie for my son. Why? Because you've been marketing-brainwashed that way, absolutely neglecting the fact that my son may choose barbie over lego if both were placed in front of him.

FraserB
05-27-2015, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by jwslam

Part of that is social stigma; be honest, most if not all of you here would judge me for buying a barbie for my son. Why? Because you've been marketing-brainwashed that way, absolutely neglecting the fact that my son may choose barbie over lego if both were placed in front of him.

I have a hard time believing this would happen on Beyond or even in society in general now. I'd say more people would applaud you for actually listening to your kid rather than trying to force your own view opinion on them.

Sugarphreak
05-27-2015, 10:10 AM

HiTempguy1
05-27-2015, 10:58 AM
Its funny how in one sense, people say that society shapes and pressures people to be one way, and on the other hand, individuals choose how they want to be.

Grow the fuck up, make the choice. If you want to wear a skirt, thats your perogitive. Its also my own to make fun of you for doing so if I choose, no different than making fun of people with neck tattoos or big fuckin goofy ear plugs.

Equality is a myth. People aren't equal. The sooner we get past that, the sooner we get to equal opportunity being the correct path. Which is you can choose to do whatever you want, but prepare to be judged for it!

codetrap
05-27-2015, 11:15 AM

codetrap
05-27-2015, 11:21 AM

zipdoa
05-27-2015, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1
Grow the fuck up, make the choice. If you want to wear a skirt, thats your perogitive. Its also my own to make fun of you for doing so if I choose, no different than making fun of people with neck tattoos or big fuckin goofy ear plugs.

lol, I clicked on this thread expecting a typical HiTempguy1 response.

rx7boi
05-27-2015, 12:41 PM
It's all semantics. Both sides need to be very careful about the wording they use. Sex and gender have been used interchangeably for the longest time which is why it's such a clusterfuck.

Despite transgender misgivings about labels, we still need a way to label people in a way that is meaningful and consistent. Best way to do that is with fact, not with people's feelings.

Quite frankly it's nuts that they allow sex to be changed without sex-reassignment procedures. They are just shooting themselves in the foot by not having the appropriate parameters in place with the words they use.

You shouldn't abolish assignments just because of the minor chance that the person grows up feeling confused and feels incongruency.

HiTempguy1
05-27-2015, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

lol, I clicked on this thread expecting a typical HiTempguy1 response.

I aim to please :love:

jwslam
01-27-2016, 10:27 AM
Adding to this crap:

http://iwf.org/blog/2799131/Alberta,-Canada's-Progressive-New-Government-Bans-the-Words-%22Mother%22-and-%22Father%22-in-Schools

Alberta, Canada's Progressive New Government Bans the Words "Mother" and "Father" in Schools

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-education-gender-lgbtq-gsa-guidelines-1.3402300

When it comes to change rooms, all students are to have access to "facilities that meet their individual needs and privacy concerns."

This could include a private area with a common change room or a separate area, such as a nearby washroom, for students to use if they don't want to change with the group.

This also applies to any student "who objects to sharing a washroom or change-room with a student who is trans or gender-diverse," or in the event that a parent or caregiver objects on behalf of a child.

In such cases, the student with an objection would be offered an alternative location to change in.

School staff should take a "whole-school approach" to ensuring all students have safe changing spaces, the guidelines advise, including "communicating clear behaviour expectations to all students, increasing adult presence and supervision, and monitoring key areas of the building and grounds."

So a girl who doesn't need to see a dick is told to go elsewhere... This is like the whole one peanut allergy kid means no peanuts allowed shit.

pfis300
01-27-2016, 01:05 PM
Everything "BigMass" just said - gave me cancer.

Someone get him/her/it a padded room. Can't wait for inmates to start identifying as females and seeing how that goes. All aboard the butthurt 2016 train!

Darell_n
01-27-2016, 01:36 PM
I keep reading the title of this thread as 'Removing gender at birth'. Next step?

sputnik
01-27-2016, 02:13 PM
Remove ALL gender designations COMPLETELY!

- Birth Certificates
- Washrooms
- Sports Leagues
- Scholarships
- Awards

That way we NEVER again have to hear about a lack of parity or fairness.

If there is truly no specified gender anymore then one can no longer come up with some idiotic stat about how one is more or less qualified/paid/skilled/respected/abused/tougher than another.

riander5
01-27-2016, 02:13 PM
Finally - this has been so long coming. Now i can have kids

Darell_n
01-27-2016, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Remove ALL gender designations COMPLETELY!

- Birth Certificates
- Washrooms
- Sports Leagues
- Scholarships
- Awards

That way we NEVER again have to hear about a lack of parity or fairness.

If there is truly no specified gender anymore then one can no longer come up with some idiotic stat about how one is more or less qualified/paid/skilled/respected/abused/tougher than another.

That way we can finally just focus on skin colour and religion.

rage2
01-27-2016, 02:19 PM
"All individuals have the right to be addressed by their chosen name and to choose pronouns that align with their gender identity and/or gender expression," the document states.
I wonder if I exposed my kids to enough NWA if they can choose to gender express themselves by choosing to be called Nigga Kwan when they hit grade school.

lilmira
01-27-2016, 02:19 PM
How about clothing store? There shouldn't be men and women sections right? It should just be clothes. Should one feel embarrassed to try on something in Victoria's Secret if one chooses to?

jwslam
01-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by riander5
Finally - this has been so long coming. Now i can have kids
You're allowed to have kids, but neither sons nor daughters.

lilmira
01-27-2016, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

You're allowed to have kids, but neither sons nor daughters.

With or without a husband/wife :confused:

sputnik
01-27-2016, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by lilmira
How about clothing store? There shouldn't be men and women sections right? It should just be clothes. Should one feel embarrassed to try on something in Victoria's Secret if one chooses to?

Why not just remove the requirement for clothing too?

pfis300
01-27-2016, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Why not just remove the requirement for clothing too?

Probably a good idea - if you give people the option to wear clothing - they may just be upset that they are being given an option. Not everyone wants the option, options are mean.

killramos
01-27-2016, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I wonder if I exposed my kids to enough NWA if they can choose to gender express themselves by choosing to be called Nigga Kwan when they hit grade school.

You are on a roll today buddy :rofl:

Honestly the public school system is such a joke that if i ever had kids I would be seriously considering private school just so that the kids understand the concepts of structure and discipline in social settings. Not even for academics.

My wife gold told off by her principal for using the word "rules" in a kindergartners report card. Apparently there are no classroom "rules".

You cant even make up the kind of shit she tells me upon coming home on a regular basis.

pfis300
01-27-2016, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by killramos

You are on a roll today buddy :rofl:

Honestly the public school system is such a joke that if i ever had kids I would be seriously considering private school just so that the kids understand the concepts of structure and discipline in social settings. Not even for academics.

My wife gold told off by her principal for using the word "rules" in a kindergartners report card. Apparently there are no classroom "rules".

You cant even make up the kind of shit she tells me upon coming home on a regular basis.

Sigh... time to buy some land somewhere and live off the grid.

civic_stylez
01-27-2016, 03:10 PM
Treat them like theyre fairies when theyre young so when the real world comes into play when theyre older and crushes them we can have a society full of depressed, suicidal flakes...:banghead:

ZenOps
01-27-2016, 03:47 PM
I hear that they are installing gender nonspecific washrooms at Target.

killramos
01-27-2016, 03:48 PM
Really? Cause in my experience every Target is a gender nonspecific washroom.

BMDUBS
01-28-2016, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

The activist is pants-on-head retarded, but let's not pretend that transgenderism/dysphoria isn't a real condition. :dunno:

Ok, lets not ignore transgenderisn/dysphoria but is it in sufficient quantity that these conditions exist that we have to even discuss it let alone go down the road of removing gender all together?

BMDUBS
01-28-2016, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by codetrap
It's just more pointless appeasement to a highly vocal minority who is attempting to impose their views on others.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

95EagleAWD
01-28-2016, 09:20 PM
Not really sure what to make of the whole "eliminate gender" kinda thing, but I sort of get it about washrooms. Does it really matter who's in the stall next to you when you take a shit?