PDA

View Full Version : Review: Bag Barn

flipstah
06-01-2015, 01:02 PM
As most of you already know, I sold my wheels to get air suspension.

I ordered in April and... today is June 1.

I dealt with Bag Barn, a shop in Camrose because I heard nothing but praises whenever they talk about Bag Barn.

Here's my experience,

White it seems like everyone is positive in dealing with Steve, this is unfortunately one on the other side of the spectrum.

Initially, dealing with Bag Barn was great. Steve was prompt in answering any inquiries that I had and his pricing was what I expected. I initially agreed with Air Lift setup but Steve recommended Airdynamiks, touted to have product to match, if not, exceed Air Lift's quality with prompt turnaround time. Given his expertise, I went along with his recommendation. I promptly paid on April 7th and all was well.

Or so I thought.

Constant delays in product made me miss the DRIVEN deadline, even though Steve assured that it could be met. I needed the product this week and was promised it would arrive but alas, it did not. It's June 1 and a refund was given.

I am disappointed with his distributor's tardiness and I lost confidence in Bag Barn. Steve knows this and he apologized.

I realize that Airdynamiks is a new upstart and I love supporting Canadian businesses. I wish nothing but the best for them, but when a delivery time was agreed upon and they're continuously not met, that is unacceptable business practice. They better improve but as for me, I will be dealing elsewhere and I hope any other customer won't have to deal with the situation that I'm currently in at the moment.

At the end, I got the management from Bag Barn, but now I'm scrambling to find struts on time. I may have something but this situation could've been avoided. I'm scrambling because the air suspension was suppose to be installed before my cross-country road trip in 2.5 weeks, so that I have time to do dry-runs to Banff for testing.

I'm writing this review to let people know my experience and with time I hope they get better but right now, I was not impressed.

schocker
06-01-2015, 01:13 PM
That kind of blows if everyone recommends them.

Can't believe you went full dubber though :rofl:
http://rlv.zcache.com/if_you_aint_rubbin_then_you_aint_dubbin_tshirts-r84b5f4dd3f8049aaaa0f9bbaf724e4e3_f0yqz_1024.jpg

zipdoa
06-01-2015, 01:20 PM
That sucks bud. I would be frustrated as well. Have a peek at #becausebags.

Edit:

not beyondbags... becausebags. lol

http://becausebags.com/gallery/james-osborns-audi-a6-allroad-hella4-feature

Not my cup of tea, but the guy appears to have a great reputation

http://becausebags.com/sites/default/files/JT%20Allroad.jpg
http://becausebags.com/sites/default/files/Ken%201.jpg
http://becausebags.com/sites/default/files/eGarage%20Caddy%20Wagon.jpg

ercchry
06-01-2015, 01:22 PM
you should try ordering 3-piece Work wheels :rofl:

but yeah, hard to control a supplier. dunno how this is Steve's fault... but good luck getting them in within 2.5 weeks :nut:

flipstah
06-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
you should try ordering 3-piece Work wheels :rofl:

but yeah, hard to control a supplier. dunno how this is Steve's fault... but good luck getting them in within 2.5 weeks :nut:

It's mostly the distributor's fault, which is what I mentioned. Bag Barn uses them and it's partly their responsibility as well. Air Lift would've been no issue but Airdynamiks was recommended by Steve and he assured me that it would arrive by Driven; if not, before my road trip.

And here we are. A week or two delay is fine but a month is pushing it. Air Lift had product and would've arrived on-time.

I'm scrambling around now but we'll see.

eglove
06-01-2015, 01:50 PM
I've continuously had good experiences with Steve - he's helped out with a lot of things with my build. But my encounters with Airdynamiks so far have been the absolute pits. I'd be hard pressed to recommend the product to anyone at this point in time.

GenerationX
06-01-2015, 02:05 PM
Same boat I'm in. Will be calling today to cancel my struts and get my money back. 5 weeks later than the original 3 weeks promised, shit is getting ridiculous. Doesn't help that he's been dodging me since I purchased everything as well too. Who are you going to purchase struts from now?

BavarianBeast
06-01-2015, 02:06 PM
Did you sell your wheels to a yellow S4?

They look good!

flipstah
06-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by eglove
I've continuously had good experiences with Steve - he's helped out with a lot of things with my build. But my encounters with Airdynamiks so far have been the absolute pits. I'd be hard pressed to recommend the product to anyone at this point in time.

That's unfortunate. :(

Originally posted by GenerationX
Same boat I'm in. Will be calling today to cancel my struts and get my money back. 5 weeks later than the original 3 weeks promised, shit is getting ridiculous. Doesn't help that he's been dodging me since I purchased everything as well too. Who are you going to purchase struts from now?

I'm dealing with Calgary Autoworks. Talk to Colin.

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
Did you sell your wheels to a yellow S4?

They look good!

Nope, sold mine to an S6 avant! :love: :drool:

Redlyne_mr2
06-01-2015, 06:13 PM
The parts waiting game is frustrating and usually not the fault of the shop. So much seems to be made to order these days and the shops need to be telling people that. I've waited 1/2 year for wheels, body kits, etc. Just the name of the game, don't let a car show set a dead line for you, it will drive you to madness.

flipstah
06-01-2015, 06:19 PM
I have no problem with long wait times. If that was the initial agreement.

Unfortunately, it was not. Bag Barn assured that it *could* be met by Driven but will definitely be in my hands before May ends. Bag Barn assured that their turnaround time is short.

I wasn't too upset with missing Driven. I wanted to meet that deadline but I knew it was a long shot.

Not getting a firm shipment date for June was unacceptable and was the last straw.

Bag Barn put their reputation on the line for a product. I wanted Air Lift product that could've been shipped successfully by now, but Steve assured that Airdynamiks can meet the quota.

They failed hard.

Edit: Air Lift kit was in stock through Calgary Autoworks. Earliest time I can get is next Tuesday.

Graham_A_M
06-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Frick.... bad to know about Bag barn. I need a set of (Ridetech) air ride coil overs from them, still waiting on a quote actually. FML

flipstah
06-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Graham, it's definitely up to you if you want to use Bag Barn. They might be good with other products (my Air Lift Autopilot management came as promised).

But their relationship with, and recommendation of, Airdynamiks is what prompted me to write the review.

Bag Barn's association with that company is what left a bad impression.

I wish nothing but the best for Steve and his company.

Graham_A_M
06-01-2015, 06:43 PM
^Yeah it sounds like AirDynamiks is dropping the ball all over. I too love to do business with Canadian companies, but not if thats what I can expect.

Sounds like Bag barn did all they could, but it's quite hard to rely on third party vendors unfortunately.

I wonder if "Generation X" is talking about Bag barn or Airdynamiks regarding his strut order. If thats two big gripes about the bag barn, I may just bypass them entirely and do it all myself by ordering everything online.

GenerationX
06-01-2015, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^Yeah it sounds like AirDynamiks is dropping the ball all over. I too love to do business with Canadian companies, but not if thats what I can expect.

Sounds like Bag barn did all they could, but it's quite hard to rely on third party vendors unfortunately.

I wonder if "Generation X" is talking about Bag barn or Airdynamiks regarding his strut order. If thats two big gripes about the bag barn, I may just bypass them entirely and do it all myself by ordering everything online.

Ordered the Airdynamiks through Bag Barn. Originally wanted Air Lift / Airrex as well, but same with flipstah, assured me that these were better/equal quality.

flipstah
06-02-2015, 08:43 AM

Ordered the Airdynamiks through Bag Barn. Originally wanted Air Lift / Airrex as well, but same with flipstah, assured me that these were better/equal quality.

That sucks to hear. Did you get your refund?

GenerationX
06-02-2015, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

That sucks to hear. Did you get your refund?
Not yet, today is supposed to be the day. Did you end up getting yours?

flipstah
06-02-2015, 09:00 AM

Not yet, today is supposed to be the day. Did you end up getting yours?

Yes, I was able to get a refund for my struts.

Skyline_Addict
06-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

Yes, I was able to get a refund for my struts.

Is dat you Dan? Is de gar going to be ok, Dan?

Shlade
06-04-2015, 06:27 AM
Bags are for groceries :D