06-07-2015, 10:02 PM
:cry:

YCB
06-07-2015, 10:04 PM
:confused:

Parked at DQ at Madigan.. cocksuckers..

Sentry
06-07-2015, 10:18 PM
Man if I caught someone doing that, even to someone else's car, I don't know if I'd be able to control my rage. I'd fucking just fly off the handle.

What a chickenshit thing to do.

Sugarphreak
06-07-2015, 10:23 PM

xnvy
06-07-2015, 10:28 PM
Ouch, that sucks. People need to learn respect... damn...

Hallowed_point
06-07-2015, 10:36 PM
I'd go Mike Tyson speed bag on someone if I caught them doing that. Don't touch a mans (or woman's) car. Just don't do it. I'm glad I have a Dash cam, but it won't catch everything unfortunately.

YCB
06-07-2015, 10:38 PM
yeah, my old neighbourhood too.. didn't dick park either, as indicated by red arrow.

oh wellz.. options? insurance or pay out of my ass for Jerez Black Metallic repaint..

Hallowed_point
06-07-2015, 10:48 PM
Some jealous asshole most likely. You did everything you could to avoid damage by parking in that stall. Sorry about your luck.

beyond_ban
06-07-2015, 11:06 PM
Not trying to say this was your fault OP, but i see you have after market wheels which would enable someone to recognize your car from perhaps an earlier bout of road rage or something. Regardless, the person who did it is a complete piece of shit. If it was just a random act of vandalism it sucks because you literally could not have done anything to avoid it.

YCB
06-07-2015, 11:31 PM
Most likely the person tailgating me prior to entering the parking lot. People with me saying the dude was mad staring but only an assumption. Gets annoying when you have a 'fast' car and people expect you to drive as such alll the time..

I currently get 11.8L/100km in my M lol. I don't race.

CanmoreOrLess
06-07-2015, 11:42 PM
I've been a victim of this, the first week of new car ownership. The wankers took their time to carve initials into the side of my car. The only way to look at this is to think of the new paint you are getting, the door dings will be gone and you'll live for another day. I'd tell you to buy an invisible car, it would be idiotic as any car can be in this position.

speedog
06-08-2015, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
I'd go Mike Tyson speed bag on someone if I caught them doing that. Don't touch a mans (or woman's) car. Just don't do it. I'm glad I have a Dash cam, but it won't catch everything unfortunately.
Just have to assume this is keyboard warrior talk - if not, that would probably land you a date in the back seat of a CPA cruiser with no doubt at least one charge of assault against you.

Hallowed_point
06-08-2015, 05:59 AM
Well I've never actually caught someone in the act so it's tough to say what I'd really do. It would take a lot of restraint as I know that they would likely run off or get a minimal punishment for the engraving legally speaking. I'd hope that I'd be calm and collected and pin them to the curb until the police arrived. Those pictures just had my blood boiling!

GQBalla
06-08-2015, 06:58 AM
Horrible, is it worth more then your deductible?

ducaudi
06-08-2015, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by YCB
I currently get 11.8L/100km in my M lol. I don't race.
Damn, hate to see that on any car. Hope you get it sorted for summer!

BTW: That's some decent mileage! :burnout:

killramos
06-08-2015, 07:22 AM
I came here expecting to see oil dripping out of a tailpipe or something.

Somehow this is worse... Sorry to hear that OP, people are retarded.

I try to park near buildings where i know there are Cameras. Looked like a pretty well traveled place? I'm surprised someone was bold enough to key there.

YCB
06-08-2015, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
Horrible, is it worth more then your deductible?

Going to get a quote today.. but I'm guessing it will be more than the deductible. :nut:

Paint shop recommendations? Also, any effect on my i-surance if I do decide to go through them? Hate these blemishes on my record/car :whipped:

Filed a police report yesterday, do they investigate such small incidents? I stopped at the Macs on the corner as they have camera's which cover the entire parking lot, the attendant says only police can ask them to show them the footage.

Originally posted by ducaudi

It was 11.6 before I got the test pipes installed lol.

:rofl:

killramos
06-08-2015, 07:55 AM
^ on an M3? Maranellos for sure, tough pain that you don't want to mess arounnd on. Don't know if screaming does small jobs anymore.

01RedDX
06-08-2015, 08:46 AM

riander5
06-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by ducaudi

Damn, hate to see that on any car. Hope you get it sorted for summer!

Was gonna say thats not bad mileage

BavarianBeast
06-08-2015, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by YCB

Going to get a quote today.. but I'm guessing it will be more than the deductible. :nut:

Paint shop recommendations? Also, any effect on my i-surance if I do decide to go through them? Hate these blemishes on my record/car :whipped:

Filed a police report yesterday, do they investigate such small incidents? I stopped at the Macs on the corner as they have camera's which cover the entire parking lot, the attendant says only police can ask them to show them the footage.

It was 11.6 before I got the test pipes installed lol.

:rofl:

Hit up superior paint and autobody. I have a Jarez Black M3 that was keyed as well, they did an amazing job where it was keyed. Cannot tell it ever happened. Funny, people must be jealous of that subtle blue hue!

01RedDX
06-08-2015, 09:36 AM

Mitsu3000gt
06-08-2015, 10:48 AM
When my old car got keyed, I had parked at the back of the parking lot, away from anyone else. It was also at my workplace at the time, and late in the day when the customer parking clears out, my car was WAY out on it's own. Someone probably walked by, assumed that I thought I was too good to park with everyone else (even though work required us to park in that area), and keyed me. I can't think of any other explanation really.

There aren't many reasons for someone to key you IMHO - it's either jealousy or someone thinking they are getting their much deserved justice or revenge. You already parked in the best spot, not much else you could have done. Sorry to hear.

If it's not super expensive, I would pay for that out of my own pocket if I were you, and save your "accident forgiveness" in case something more serious happens.

Vagabond142
06-08-2015, 11:40 AM
My KIA got keyed in a bit X mark on my right rear door when I was at work a couple weeks back. Thankfully it's mostly surface, so it will probably be repairable with a good amount of detailing with clearcoat repair. And I don't douchepark. I drive a KIA, I have no reason to douchepark :D

I don't know what it is, but keying and car vandalism seems to be on the rise as of late. The deep SouthEast was hit a couple years back with people running down the streets smashing in rear windows with hammers. Everything from brand new Jaguars to 25 year old Hondas were getting hit D: And we get at least one person a week walking into our store asking if we have parking lot facing cameras, because in the 5 minutes they were in our store, their car gets keyed. Granted, since school let out, that has decreased sharply, as there are a couple of schools close to where I work.... >___________>

Canmorite
06-08-2015, 11:51 AM
That's awful, I'd be so pissed. I had my side mirror smashed in front of my house, and my car backed into last winter. Caught neither of them.

Unfortunately, there are low-lifes that all of society shares the burden of paying for when they commit acts of stupidity. Sucks, but it's hard to weed them out.

never
06-08-2015, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
Well I've never actually caught someone in the act so it's tough to say what I'd really do. It would take a lot of restraint as I know that they would likely run off or get a minimal punishment for the engraving legally speaking. I'd hope that I'd be calm and collected and pin them to the curb until the police arrived. Those pictures just had my blood boiling!

Back when I lived in the city, I caught someone vandalizing a car in a driveway (smashing mirrors, kicking in door panels, pulling up stuff from the neighbors yard to throw at the car's windshield). I subdued him and took him to the house...turns out it was their older son and they were having a fight or something. I told them regardless, that shit doesn't fly in the neighborhood. They didn't do anything...didn't say anything to him, didn't even say anything to me. Douchebag parents breeding douchebag kids...the type that end up doing this to other people's vehicles and property.

YCB
06-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by BavarianBeast

Hit up superior paint and autobody. I have a Jarez Black M3 that was keyed as well, they did an amazing job where it was keyed. Cannot tell it ever happened. Funny, people must be jealous of that subtle blue hue!

Cool, I'll check it out. I guess I was due for a hate crime anyway.. curse the awesome blue hue.. haha

Got some quotes today..

4 in total. Thought I'd share.

First from http://dilawricollisioncalgary.ca/
Lady said to call insurance, seems like she was thinking more than $3k, might of heard her say $5k :eek: "paint half the car".

Maranello :thumbsup:
$1897.46

MicroPaint :dunno:
$1740.90 with wetsand/polish entire car ($259.00)

Screaming Paintworks :thumbsup:
$1904.25

killramos
06-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Sounds like your car will be going into whichever of the 2 decent options can get the car in first then?

I know you know better and it doesn't need to be said but do not go to micro paint for your metallic M3.

88CRX
06-08-2015, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by YCB

Cool, I'll check it out. I guess I was due for a hate crime anyway.. curse the awesome blue hue.. haha

Got some quotes today..

4 in total. Thought I'd share.

First from http://dilawricollisioncalgary.ca/
Lady said to call insurance, seems like she was thinking more than $3k, might of heard her say $5k :eek: "paint half the car".

Maranello :thumbsup:
$1897.46

MicroPaint :dunno:
$1740.90 with wetsand/polish entire car ($259.00)

Screaming Paintworks :thumbsup:
$1904.25

Maranello

/thread.

ToXicXxX
06-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Yo that you Jason? lol

Fuckers.

Micropaint is garbage. I had work done on my G35 way back when and it peeled in like a month. Screamin redid the whole side of my old 335i, good shit. And they ended up discounting it a lot.

bjstare
06-08-2015, 01:44 PM
If you're personally dealing with them, I'd recommend Screamin. If it's insurance, then it doesn't really matter. I needed some work done and saw Screamin and Maranello for quotes, and the staff at Maranello didn't give me time of day at all; they basically treated me like they were doing me a favor by quoting me. Needless to say I took my business to Screamin (who also quoted me less than Maranello AND offered to guarantee their work, which Maranello expressly said they wouldn't do for me), and couldn't be happier. Quality of work is top notch, as was customer service. I've dealt with Screamin twice now, and won't hesitate to go back again.

YCB
06-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Maranello

/thread.

:werd:.. Thanks all for the input!

Going through insurance, I would still have a blemish on my shit.. lowering my star rating, and likely increase my rates.. so out of pocket it is :(

Originally posted by ToXicXxX

Yo that you Jason? lol

Fuckers.
Micropaint is garbage. I had work done on my G35 way back when and it peeled in like a month.

Jayyyysunnggg.. lol. Yea micropaint was just in between shops kinda deal.

:closed:

Graham_A_M
06-08-2015, 05:49 PM
^which broker are you through? Your insurance shouldn't go up. I know with touchstone an act of vandalism won't make your premiums go up, deductible excluded of course.

YCB
06-09-2015, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^which broker are you through? Your insurance shouldn't go up. I know with touchstone an act of vandalism won't make your premiums go up, deductible excluded of course.

The Personals. The lady said a claim is a claim is a claim.. ?! .. whether it be at fault or not it will be on my record for 6 years, in that time.. I could get a hurt real bad..

Will save it for another time. :(

blitz
06-09-2015, 08:31 AM
Sounds like you should make the claim and then jump ship to a better insurance provider.

G-ZUS
06-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by blitz
Sounds like you should make the claim and then jump ship to a better insurance provider.

:werd:

94boosted
06-09-2015, 12:18 PM
That sucks to hear OP

Do insurance companies treat vandalism and a hit & run as the same thing, a not at fault claim?

vengie
06-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by blitz

This.

I have had 3 separate comprehensive claims, 2 for vandalism, one for a hit and run. None of which increased my insurance premiums.

guessboi
06-09-2015, 01:21 PM
Comprehensive claim is not an at fault accident. (Hit and Run / Vandalism, etc) If you have too many - they can increase your deductible and for some you might lose a claims free discount.

max_boost
06-09-2015, 01:31 PM
That's terrible! Agreed Maranello's is the best.

jwslam
06-09-2015, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by killramos
I came here expecting to see oil dripping out of a tailpipe or something.
Ditto.
https://02varvara.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/00-sick-car1.jpg

BAB Inc
06-09-2015, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by YCB

:werd:.. Thanks all for the input!

Going through insurance, I would still have a blemish on my shit.. lowering my star rating, and likely increase my rates.. so out of pocket it is :(

Jayyyysunnggg.. lol. Yea micropaint was just in between shops kinda deal.

:closed:

whats your deductible?
I sent you a PM with a quote as well.

relyt92
06-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by guessboi
Comprehensive claim is not an at fault accident. (Hit and Run / Vandalism, etc) If you have too many - they can increase your deductible and for some you might lose a claims free discount. This is what it probably is. I'm with Economical and my rates would go up from a comprehensive claim, but only because I'd be losing my claim free discount, rather than them actually increasing my rates.