PDA

View Full Version : Police Officer Killed in Edmonton

baygirl
06-08-2015, 10:11 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/1-police-officer-killed-another-injured-in-edmonton-1.3105541
Shooter is still active according to reports

lilmira
06-09-2015, 06:36 AM
RIP. The shooter burnt himself and the house down?

dj_rice
06-09-2015, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by lilmira
RIP. The shooter burnt himself and the house down?

EPS is saying the suspect has not been caught but that the public is not at risk, so I would assume he burned in the fire, or one would hope so.

On reddit, reports of shots fired inside the home when it was on fire. He might of commited suicide.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Edmonton/comments/393xnf/police_cars_have_been_racing_south_on_170_st_and/

Sources within the police force confirmed the man being targeted by undercover officers for some time was Norman Raddatz, thought to be associated with Freemen of the Land. Police and fire crews were unable to reach Woodall’s body as the blaze grew to a two-alarm fire

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/06/08/cop-reportedly-shot-in-west-edmonton

RIP to the officer.

Hallowed_point
06-09-2015, 08:42 AM
RIP to the officer. Sad news indeed

OTown
06-09-2015, 12:19 PM
These are hard times for law enforcement. Just aweful. One wife and two small girls waking up without a father today. RIP

heavyfuel
06-10-2015, 07:29 PM
I hope those 2 little girls are given all the support they need to stay strong and know that their father left them doing a job that had to be done for society's benefit. Given the scum in our current society I'd put that uniform on each day and risk my life with a big smile, vs. what I'm doing now, if I realistically could.

Modelexis
06-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Police knocked on the door and announced themselves, and when no one answered they used a battering ram to attempt to enter Mr. Raddatz’s home.
arrest warrant for his failure to appear in court on a $250 bylaw fine

They were smashing down his door to drag him to jail over a 250$ bylaw fine.

The police wanted to make a big deal over $250 and they got burned at their own game.

When you show up to someones door with guns and smash down the door you better believe you have entered a world where anything goes.

The police instigated this violence, they brought the consequences along for the ride too.
His children can grow up knowing they lost their father over $250 that their father had to escalate beyond the point of reason.

Who decided it was a good idea to use a battering ram to smash in someones door over such a petty fine? Waste of police time and wages, and unnecessary escalation of violence that obviously is not without consequences.

EM2FTL
06-10-2015, 09:56 PM
http://replygif.net/i/492.gif

lilmira
06-10-2015, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis

The police wanted to make a big deal over $250 and they got burned at their own game.

The harassment was specifically anti-Semitic, police spokesman Scott Pattison said Wednesday, and the target and his family became so concerned for their safety that they filed a complaint a few months ago.

Eight officers went to Raddatz’s home Monday night to serve him with documents ordering him to appear in court on a charge of criminal harassment. They also had an arrest warrant stemming from a bylaw offence.

I don't know. If I complain to the police about someone threatening me, I won't be too happy if they told me "yeah we knocked on the door and no one answered so we left him and friendly note suggesting him to govern himself accordingly. Have a nice day."

I don't know the detail. If the police knew he was in there and he didn't want to open the door. What do you expect them to do? Say please?

schurchill39
06-10-2015, 10:04 PM

When you show up to someones door with guns and smash down the door you better believe you have entered a world where anything goes.

The police instigated this violence, they brought the consequences along for the ride too.
His children can grow up knowing they lost their father over $250 that their father had to escalate beyond the point of reason.

You thought you could force entry into someones house without consequences? lol

Are you fucking kidding me?! I am absolutely speechless at how ignorant this comment is. A man lost his life, and a family lost their father and husband while he was enforcing the law and this is how you choose to view it? You have some serious issues man.

Modelexis
06-10-2015, 10:04 PM
I don't know. If I complain to the police about someone threatening me, I won't be too happy if they told me "yeah we knocked on the door and no one answered so we left him and friendly note suggesting him to govern himself accordingly. Have a nice day."

I don't know the detail. If the police knew he was in there and he didn't want to open the door. What do you expect them to do? Say please? They can feel free to go around smashing down doors over $250 but now they know the consequences.
Maybe impark should do that when you get a parking ticket, smash down your door.

Originally posted by schurchill39
Are you fucking kidding me?! I am absolutely speechless at how ignorant this comment is. A man lost his life, and a family lost their father and husband while he was enforcing the law and this is how you choose to view it? You have some serious issues man.

I'm speechless at how violent the police can be over $250.

FraserB
06-10-2015, 10:09 PM
They can feel free to go around smashing down doors over $250 but now they know the consequences.
Maybe impark should do that when you get a parking ticket, smash down your door.

So I can harass you and your family to the point you are so scared you ask the police for help and you'd be perfectly ok for them to do nothing about it?

lilmira
06-10-2015, 10:09 PM
You are the only one saying that they knocked down the door for 250 dollar fine. :dunno:

Modelexis
06-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
So I can harass you and your family to the point you are so scared you ask the police for help and you'd be perfectly ok for them to do nothing about it? It was so important the police DID NOTHING for a year or more to even stop by and pay the guy a visit.

attempting to serve an arrest warrant for charges of criminal harassment relating to a lengthy hate crimes file dating back to February 2014Police work at it's finest. We'll file it and get back to you sir.

lilmira
06-10-2015, 10:13 PM
Both officers were attempting to arrest a suspect for criminal harassment. Knecht confirmed that the arrest was related to a hate crimes matter. :dunno:

Modelexis
06-10-2015, 10:16 PM
:dunno:
Officers had gone to the man’s home in west Edmonton on Monday night to arrest him on an outstanding warrant for a bylaw offence. There were also going to serve him with documents ordering him to appear in court for criminal harassment.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/06/09/police-identify-edmonton-officer-killed-in-line-of-duty-as-const-daniel-woodall.html

The warrant was for the bylaw of $250.
The only relation to the harassment was they were going to serve him the court date while they arrested him for the bylaw fine.

lilmira
06-10-2015, 10:20 PM
So we are getting contradicting stories from different news media and you just picked one that you like then. I don't know the details, neither do you. You are free to speculate as you wish of course.

dj_rice
06-10-2015, 10:38 PM
News also reports his house was in foreclosure and he owed the bank $331K mortgage. So maybe he was prepared already for this and it was his time to go?Sad he had to take someone with him.

OTown
06-11-2015, 12:09 AM
They can feel free to go around smashing down doors over $250 but now they know the consequences.

http://media.indiedb.com/cache/images/members/3/2312/2311677/thumb_620x2000/Tactical_Facepalm.jpg

cancer man
06-11-2015, 03:20 AM
With todays stress in a so called society i would not want to be an officer.
He will not be the last one. R.I.P