PDA

View Full Version : STang Vs FRS Vs FiSt Vs WRX

Sugarphreak
06-09-2015, 01:11 PM

Hallowed_point
06-09-2015, 02:54 PM
The more reviews I watch, the more I think I should've checked out a fiesta st along with some of the others. I quite like my Si, but the fiesta ticks a lot of boxes on paper. I'll have to check one out in person, maybe at a meet.

Mibz
06-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Don't look at one. Drive one. 100% of the ST's likability comes from the way it drives.

Sorry, 99%. Clearly the other 1% comes from installing a loud BOV which you utilize any time you see a similarly priced car.

Hallowed_point
06-09-2015, 03:16 PM
^yeah fair enough, I'm not in the market though right now. I've seen them in person and I prefer the styling to the focus. I'm not sold on the somewhat hokey method used in lieu of a limited slip. Although, driving one would prove or disprove that. I've learned that fwd can be quite enjoyable given the right platform.

Sugarphreak
06-09-2015, 03:48 PM

J.M.
06-09-2015, 09:08 PM
FRS always seemed way too small inside haha and I'm not a giant person by any means.

I'm not a big fan of Ford but I'd own a Fiesta ST.

Redlined_8000
06-09-2015, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
The more reviews I watch, the more I think I should've checked out a fiesta st along with some of the others. I quite like my Si, but the fiesta ticks a lot of boxes on paper. I'll have to check one out in person, maybe at a meet.

I kind of wanted a Fiesta ST also, after sitting in one at the auto show I realized the car is just way to small compared to my civic. Wasn't a big fan of the pedal placement also. Never drove one however... But still more than happy with my Si.

Dumbass17
06-09-2015, 10:29 PM
am i the only one reading "fist"?

eglove
06-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
am i the only one reading "fist"?

Nope. Fiesta ST's are FiST and focus ST's are FoST

Shlade
06-10-2015, 06:17 AM

You bought a new SI? We should have a go sometime in Mexico! I raced one when I was stock it was one of those HPF coupes he kept up pretty good.

Dirty_SOHC
06-19-2015, 10:26 PM
I am looking to hit the dealers for a test drive tomorrow morning!

Fist or Fost?

Sugarphreak
06-20-2015, 05:58 AM

Shlade
06-20-2015, 09:59 AM
Buy my focus lol

Dirty_SOHC
06-24-2015, 01:18 AM
STang Vs FRS Vs FiSt Vs WRX....

I ended up with a 2015 Metallic Grey WRX :)

I tried to like the Fiesta, but I found that I couldn't sit in the comfortably in the seats...

Hallowed_point
06-24-2015, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
You bought a new SI? We should have a go sometime in Mexico! I raced one when I was stock it was one of those HPF coupes he kept up pretty good. 2009 coupe. So not new, new. Pretty sure you'd smoke me in a race. It makes cool noises when it hits vtec, but I think the best 0-60 I've seen for one is around a 6.3. Some reviewers claim a 6.7 but they probably didn't launch at all or shift at the correct rpm. Buying this car just proved to me that #s aren't everything. Enjoying it more than my Camaro which could probably 0-60 below 5 seconds. Miss the torque, but no more 15 - 20 year old daily drivers.

Quite enjoyed sugarphreaks fiesta. Almost zero turbo lag and it felt way faster than it should have.

Sugarphreak
06-24-2015, 06:32 AM

heavyD
06-24-2015, 07:11 AM
The first week in my Focus ST I thought maybe I made a mistake as I found the seats uncomfortably tight after more than 20 minutes. A few months later now and they feel great (actually could be a little tighter lol) as they do break in.

killramos
06-24-2015, 07:32 AM
I recently took a new mustang ( 5.0 vert but still) out on a test drive and it was actually quite fantastic. Fixed near all of my gripes about previous mustangs imo. Very well composed, good brakes and power.

In the rain i had to be really careful with the torque and power ( it liked to break traction in a big way) so i think the EB would still be plenty powerful enough.

Still don't like the seating position that much though but i just keep comparing it to my 2 which isn't fair.

Hallowed_point
06-24-2015, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by killramos
I recently took a new mustang ( 5.0 vert but still) out on a test drive and it was actually quite fantastic. Fixed near all of my gripes about previous mustangs imo. Very well composed, good brakes and power.

In the rain i had to be really careful with the torque and power ( it liked to break traction in a big way) so i think the EB would still be plenty powerful enough.

Still don't like the seating position that much though but i just keep comparing it to my 2 which isn't fair.

Same here. I thought I was done with mustangs but they have significantly improved a lot of my gripes. Stock exhaust note sounds amazing. Seats and interior are much improved. Great handling and brakes. I'll say that I didn't like the new mustang styling until I drove one and looked at it up close. It's a classy looking ride. I do wish the power came on a little earlier in the power band.

They do need to improve the shifter position. My civic has spoiled me in that regard.

killramos
06-24-2015, 09:15 AM

Same here. I thought I was done with mustangs but they have significantly improved a lot of my gripes. Stock exhaust note sounds amazing. Seats and interior are much improved. Great handling and brakes. I'll say that I didn't like the new mustang styling until I drove one and looked at it up close. It's a classy looking ride. I do wish the power came on a little earlier in the power band.

They do need to improve the shifter position. My civic has spoiled me in that regard.

My problem is i was looking at the vert ( what the wife wants ) and they have no ability to add the performance packages and recaros to the vert for some bizarre reason. I guess they are trying to avoid the top end price coming in above 65k. Maybe down the road i can get it with brembos and good seats. They are also done with '15s and are taking orders for 16's which is the only way to get a vert at this point due to low allocations.

Universal had a black coupe in the showroom with all the fun options and it was mean!