PDA

View Full Version : Anybody order from Calgary aluminum?

Thaco
06-11-2015, 07:19 PM
I need a piece of sheet, but i know they have a minimum order and this will likely cost under $20 and i don't have anything to fill the minimum, anybody order from there that can throw this on an order and i'll buy it from you?

thanks.

sr20s14zenki
06-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Have you checked metal supermarkets.
Ryerson? Asa?

Hope that helped.

Thaco
06-12-2015, 06:38 AM
yeah i have thought about other options, but calgary aluminum has been great for me when i ordered in the past so i wanted to continue to support them if possible... every time i have dealt with metal supermarkets they make it seem like i am inconveniencing them, and a few times i called to verify they had something, they said they did and when i showed up it wasn't ready (and i typically go on my lunch break so i don't have time to stand around for an hour while they figure it out, that's why i call ahead..), one time it wasn't there at all, and another time they told me it was in the back, but it was too hard to get to it, so they didn't want to do it... so i just avoid when whenever possible.

Graham_A_M
06-12-2015, 10:11 AM
Sure if you can count me in for a 47-48" × 6.5 foot piece of 3/16" checker plate. I can pay you for it plus extra by etransfer or PayPal. I can pick it up when I'm in calgary next in a couple weeks.

Thaco
06-12-2015, 10:46 AM
Sent you a message for details Graham, yours should put it over the minimum, i called and they said minimum was $60 but they didn't have anybody available to give me a quote, so if anybody else wants in, lmk, i'll probably try them again Monday since it's unlikely they'll get it done today now anyway.

Graham_A_M
06-12-2015, 01:27 PM
^ sure thanks so much.

:thumbsup:

Thaco
06-15-2015, 10:58 AM
Well calgary aluminum was the cheapest, $7, but minimum of $60, so i called ryerson, minimum order there is $500, lol....

Ended up at metals supermarket (ugh) cost me $18, they have a $7 service charge for orders under $75, sucks that it cost me twice what it should have, but it's better than paying the minimum at other places.

legendboy
06-16-2015, 11:21 PM
I have a hook up at metal supermarket finally after 10 years. Very cheap

If you guys need anything else let me know, I can buy from the U of C engg. store and good prices.