PDA

View Full Version : Marketplace Question for Mods

Str1der
06-16-2015, 05:30 PM
Out of curiosity, I wonder if a mod would comment on why there is a sticky notice in each marketplace subforum which states:

Notice: Please combine marketplace listings when possible!!

If you have multiple items to sell, please refrain from making one thread per item. Combine all items into one large thread, unless, of course, each item(s) belong in separate Marketplace sections (ie: Computer Hardware & Peripherals, Video Games / Systems, Cellular Products, Automotive, etc....)

If you are posting multiple threads for each of your items, that means you are pushing other threads down for each one you post. This also applies when you are bumping each one of your threads.

Also as a reminder, do not reply in threads if you have no interest in the item in question or have nothing useful to add and keep your bumps to a minimum.

Please show courtesy to the marketplace and those who use it.

Thank you.

Yet, almost every time I browse a particular subforum, the first 1/3 of the listings on the front page have been posted, and bumped by the same seller.

It appears to be a consistent behavior that seems to go uncorrected. I don't have any particular skin in the game, but it does seem contrary to the spirit of the marketplace and other members.

D'z Nutz
06-16-2015, 10:45 PM
That was posted in 2007 and we had not yet implemented "the one bump per week" rule so people were constantly bumping their threads daily making the marketplace seem more "active" and when people were bumping multiple threads that had one item each, it got a little out of hand.

It doesn't seem to be as big of a problem now. I guess we could unsticky those.

ExtraSlow
06-17-2015, 06:51 AM
Wouldn't hurt to have the "actual" rules posted. Not some outdated ones. :guns: