PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants in Edmonton

know1edge
06-18-2015, 05:14 PM

gwill
06-18-2015, 06:15 PM
Ruth's Chris in Edmonton for steak. It's easily one of the more high end restaraunts and never dissapoints. If you've never been they have some tables in an actual bank vault as it took over the spot from a bank. Characters would be another great choice for food options, very classy and upper end as well. Their beef Wellington was the best.

Can't help with sushi... Been to a few random places but nothing that's ever stood out from any others.

roopi
06-18-2015, 10:01 PM
Hardware Grill :thumbsup:

gwill
06-18-2015, 10:18 PM
Hardware grill isn't nearly as nice as Ruth Chris.... Definitely a good option but the 2 don't compare. Ruth's Chris is a steak house with many other options while hardware grill is mostly just fine dining.

know1edge
06-19-2015, 05:41 PM

USED1
06-22-2015, 07:32 PM
Hardware grill, Corso 32

dj_rice
06-22-2015, 09:43 PM
Sushi, I like Japonais Bistro. Modern fusion sushi.

Another hot spot for Japanese is Izakaya Tomo, they do Japanese tapa's style food.

Kyoto, Mikado's are usually okay. Run of the mill, non-inspiring sushi.

Heard good things about Sushi Wasabi

My company took us to XIX Nineteen for a work dinner once. I thought it was actually decent. :thumbsup:

If you like Mexican, you must try Rostizado's. Great food, great atmosphere and service is top notch.

For BBQ and just plain meat, try MEAT.

For Korean, Nong Bu (brand new just opened up a month or two ago, but always selling out of food every night)

Neil4Speed
06-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Packrat Louie Kitchen & Bar is excellent.

EM2FTL
06-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Edmonton has really stepped up its restaurant game lately, there's a ton to choose from. For the best (IMO):

Dinner - Corso 32 for a full meal, Bar Bricco (next door) if you're looking for wine/meat/cheese - if neither are available, try Rge Rd.

Lunch - MRKT on Jasper, The Marc on 106 (one is hipster-oriented but awesome, the other is French / more formal).

+1 for Izakaya Tomo, have heard great things from many people but i'm yet to eat there myself. No doubt better option than Kyoto tho.

Dertz
06-23-2015, 01:26 PM
I posted in the wrong thread:banghead:

Diamonds

That is all I have to say

Mitsu3000gt
06-23-2015, 01:33 PM
I forget what it was called, but when I was in Edmonton we ate at this super tiny tapas place, and it was exceptional. There was maybe 15 seats in the whole place. I'm sure someone will know what place I'm talking about.

I also had Sushi (rolls) at Japonais Bistro and my GF and I both really liked it.

EM2FTL
06-23-2015, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I forget what it was called, but when I was in Edmonton we ate at this super tiny tapas place, and it was exceptional. There was maybe 15 seats in the whole place. I'm sure someone will know what place I'm talking about.

Maybe Tzin?

edit - http://tzin.ca/ ?

Mitsu3000gt
06-23-2015, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by EM2FTL

Maybe Tzin?

edit - http://tzin.ca/ ?

That's the one, thanks!

This was a year or so ago now, but I really liked that place. Its super small, so if you want to go, get a reservation.

msommers
06-24-2015, 10:32 PM
What about cafes? I'm a sucker for a good brew and pastry

dj_rice
06-24-2015, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by msommers

Duchess Bake Shop

Hipsters seem to like Remedy Cafe.

msommers
06-24-2015, 11:38 PM
:thumbsup:

gwill
06-24-2015, 11:42 PM
Since other options are being discussed if you want a good drink hit the hotel macdonald... It's a great view of the river valley. You can drink or order food while sitting outside. Also la ronde is the rotating restaraunt at the top of the one hotel. I remember having the best lamb I've ever eaten there.

Last fun choice would be normands- an old school restaraunt that's been around forever. They change their game meats regularly. Had kangaroo and bison there the one time.

Strider
06-25-2015, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by msommers

+1 for Duchess

Also Transcend coffee

EM2FTL
06-25-2015, 08:57 AM
+1000 for Duchess

Decent hipster brunch place w/ beer - Sugar Bowl

Remedy is great for indian food and chai

dj_rice
06-25-2015, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by EM2FTL
+1000 for Duchess

Dem macaroons. :love: :drool: So good. So many flavors. After buying a box, it really hits the wallet how much you've spent on pastries :rofl:

Smokem
06-25-2015, 06:27 PM
Von's for prime rib. I always make try to make it there when I visit.

ga16i
06-26-2015, 09:34 AM
Under misc. I like Highlevel Diner (cinnamon bun) and Bistro Praha.

msommers
06-26-2015, 10:16 AM
Oh I am a major sucker for a good cinnamon bun.

The best was at Corbeaux when they first opened but as of late I don't things are as good, and the cinnamon buns are totally different.

know1edge
06-28-2015, 12:48 PM

DboyNismo
07-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Three Boars on 109 is good. Leva is a nice café around the corner from it. Ampersand 27 is one of the best restaurants in the city, but make a reservation since its super busy. Sugarbowl is also a good hipster joint with some good beers on tap.

vw_rabbit2.5
07-23-2015, 03:21 PM
has anyone been to burger's priest in edmonton? I've tried the ones in Toronto, and it was probably the closest you can get to shake shack.

Plus there's a hidden menu (google it) at burger's priest.

know1edge
07-23-2015, 07:56 PM

msommers
12-11-2015, 12:54 AM
We've been here for almost four months now and have been able to still go out and try some places in town.

Ernest's - NAITs version of Highwood at SAIT. The value here is unprecedented. The food and service was over the top. Went there for the GF's birthday and everyone knew the occassion since I mentioned it on the reservation. The hostess, waiter and cook all said happy birthday, along with paying for her wine and making a nice chocolate message on her dessert dish. I was thrilled by this place.

MEAT - a smokehouse that could be equated similar to BigT's. Sizes are generous and the ribs are ridiculously amazing. They come smoked perfectly and the flavour alone is incredible, but 3 BBQ sauces and a mustard to try really adds some variety. I've had brussel sprouts, fries, and potato salad and all were fresh and flavourful. No reservations at this place is so crappy, it's very very busy.

The Next Act - More of a pub and very casual. Rotating taps and really well done caesars. Some food is from next door at MEAT and serve more conventional pub style food but it's all very well done.

Elm Cafe - One relief coming to Edmonton is that there is a booming coffee scene. Great sandwiches and espressos. Just don't be in a rush, this cafe the size of your washroom doesn't move that quick or have room to do so.

Bru Cafe - Takes their coffee incredibly seriously. I hear the main coffee is leaving though which is unfortunate. They offer a lot of craft beer as well. Food I haven't tried.

Nomiya - Really great spicy miso ramen. The ramen place is Kensington (name escapes me) and this place are definitely on par. Lots of Asians in there too lol.

Remedy Cafe - I'm only drank their chai here because that's what they're known for and it's fucking amazing. Food is reported to good but haven't had any. It's a real variety of things at this place, from cheesecake to butter chicken.

Duchess Bakery - This place lives up to the hype. Pastries are made perfectly, coffee is on par with analag/phil sebs. We usually get a few things and they're all amazing. Quiche, vegetarian tartiane(sp), something that looks like french toast but with chocolate added on top, mini pumpkin pie, lemon meringue cake, croissant..I'm sure I'm missing something. Bottom line: if you are coming to Edmonton or you live here and never been, do yourself a favour and just go.

Transcend Cafe - on par with phil sebs/analog in the coffee department but their lack of food selection is kind of annoying.

Wasabi Sushi - this place seems very traditional and almost fobby (a good thing) but I really didn't like it much. Portions are small and variety of different sashimi and rolls were really lacking.