PDA

View Full Version : Alien 5/Prometheus 2

Dertz
06-19-2015, 09:35 AM
I just heard about these 2 being planned for release in 2016.
Neil Blomkamp will be doing Alien 5, Ridley Prometheus 2.
Both stories are to compliment each other.
I may have heard wrong but Alien 5, but it takes place around the timeline of Alien and Aliens.
Both Sigourney Weaver and Bill Paxton are supposed to reprise their roles, in Prometheus?
It's hall hazy from last night and I am little too lazy this morning to double check online :D

Pretty damn excited though:clap: :clap:

Taking into consideration the mixed reviews about Neil blomkamp on this forum, I'd like to hear people's thoughts on him directing A5.

Dertz
06-19-2015, 09:41 AM
It was tough to find a decent one.

403Gemini
06-19-2015, 12:43 PM
I heard blomkamp wants to respect #3 & #4, but make #5 the "true" spiritual successor to the first 2 movies which makes me bloody excited.

I enjoy #3 and #4, but they certainly dont feel like they belong with 1 & 2 by any means . I think blomkamp will do a good job... only movie I didn't really like from him was Elysium.

And Prometheus needs a sequel to "fix" (fill in the blanks) of the first one

Dertz
06-19-2015, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
I heard blomkamp wants to respect #3 & #4, but make #5 the "true" spiritual successor to the first 2 movies which makes me bloody excited.

I enjoy #3 and #4, but they certainly dont feel like they belong with 1 & 2 by any means . I think blomkamp will do a good job... only movie I didn't really like from him was Elysium.

And Prometheus needs a sequel to "fix" (fill in the blanks) of the first one

That's good to hear.
I know what you mean about the parts 3 and 4 but they make sense in the Aliens storyline.
Blomkamp will be able to bring a great look to the franchise, just like Cameron did. Elevate it while not taking away from it.

Prometheus will be great.
A friend mentioned that they wanted to storylines to go well together that they re-did A5 to go along better with Prometheus.
Hearing 2 things about where the movie will take place.
On earth??? Mainly hearing that it takes place on the Engineers planet called Paradise.
Still too lazy to scour the net.
:thumbsup:

Hallowed_point
06-19-2015, 02:02 PM
Very excited for this. Thanks for posting!

Feruk
06-19-2015, 02:58 PM
Can't wait for Prometheus sequel!

Bill Paxton got killed in Aliens; doubt he's coming back. He wasn't Hicks, he was the strung out dude the kept saying stuff like "game over man, game over."

Dertz
06-19-2015, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Feruk

Bill Paxton got killed in Aliens; doubt he's coming back. He wasn't Hicks, he was the strung out dude the kept saying stuff like "game over man, game over."

He technically didn't die. He was seen being dragged away and that was that. In a video game, you see him again and that he was dragged into a nest.
All fans disregard the game and don't tie it into the story line.

There is a chance he could get in if they can make it work for the story.

D'z Nutz
06-19-2015, 04:57 PM
This is awesome news.

I don't get the hate for Prometheus. I thought it was a great film and I look forward to the sequel.

I'd love to see Bill Paxton back in Aliens again. The guy plays such a great sleaze hahaha

csLgaK20SSY

Tik-Tok
06-19-2015, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
This is awesome news.

I don't get the hate for Prometheus. I thought it was a great film and I look forward to the sequel.

I'd love to see Bill Paxton back in Aliens again. The guy plays such a great sleaze hahaha

csLgaK20SSY

Why do I get the feeling Bill Paxton sold InRich a corvette?

AE92_TreunoSC
06-19-2015, 06:32 PM
I loved Prometheus and really hope they keep the quality up for every future movie.

Alien 5 needs to take a lot from 1 & 2 and Alien Isolation to be good. 3 and 4 were really bad for me as a fan growing up. Subtlety and build up are crucial for this to work.

403Gemini
06-19-2015, 06:39 PM
This is awesome news.

csLgaK20SSY

I think a lot of Prometheus hate is for stupidity of scientists and weird inconsistencies

1 - Air reads okay from 1 test? REMOVE HELMETS YA'ALL!
2 - dude maps out tunnels with amazing 3d mapping technology - he's the one who gets lost :facepalm:
3 - Dead alien bug freaks out guy ... cause you're there to meet aliens, but a dead ones scares you? Buddy you signed up for the wrong mission.
4 - Minutes later , same guy with another scientist sees LIVING alien snake - totally okay with it, lets make friends!
5 - machine used to remove alien baby is for men, so it removes foreign objects - but leaves her uterus intact?
6 - Gets stapled shut , running around and suffering severe abdomen impact later, but totes okay
7 - runs directly away from rolling spaceship, not to the side

That said, I do love any bit of lore that lends itself to the universe :) So I still enjoyed the 1st one, just think the 2nd one could wrap it up/polish the first one if done perfectly.

Dertz
06-19-2015, 09:57 PM

I think a lot of Prometheus hate is for stupidity of scientists and weird inconsistencies

1 - Air reads okay from 1 test? REMOVE HELMETS YA'ALL!
2 - dude maps out tunnels with amazing 3d mapping technology - he's the one who gets lost :facepalm:
3 - Dead alien bug freaks out guy ... cause you're there to meet aliens, but a dead ones scares you? Buddy you signed up for the wrong mission.
4 - Minutes later , same guy with another scientist sees LIVING alien snake - totally okay with it, lets make friends!
5 - machine used to remove alien baby is for men, so it removes foreign objects - but leaves her uterus intact?
6 - Gets stapled shut , running around and suffering severe abdomen impact later, but totes okay
7 - runs directly away from rolling spaceship, not to the side

That said, I do love any bit of lore that lends itself to the universe :) So I still enjoyed the 1st one, just think the 2nd one could wrap it up/polish the first one if done perfectly.

I'm so stoned during movies that inconsistencies don't take away from the entertainment.:drool:

Since they re-visited A5's story stemming from Ridley's concerns with how it went with P2, praying that they don't carry flaws in both :D :banghead:

This was some concept art that Blomkamp put out.
He apparently had been in talks with Sigourney about A5 and she is really pumped saying the movie will "break new ground" in the Alien universe

Dertz
06-19-2015, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
I loved Prometheus and really hope they keep the quality up for every future movie.

Alien 5 needs to take a lot from 1 & 2 and Alien Isolation to be good. 3 and 4 were really bad for me as a fan growing up. Subtlety and build up are crucial for this to work.

4 is tough, they tried to bring back the bravado of Aliens. All it did was bring back Ripley and left it open ended with them heading to Earth.

3 is awesome. Great actors in it and the Alien is dope. Tried to bring closure for Ripley's Character.

My fav Alien game is Alien Versus Predator: Extinction. Love the real time strategy.

jampack
06-20-2015, 12:08 AM
Awesome news. I literally just purchased Alien: Isolation on Steam as it was $13 the other day! Haha. :thumbsup:

Orbie
06-20-2015, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Feruk

Funny this thread has come up, I just watched Prometheus on TV couple weeks back and went through this phase as well, finding out about P2 and A5.

The key theory I found is that they essentially want to eject A3 and A4 from canon. A5 will insert itself with A1 and A2 and there are suspicions they will do something like an alternate universe type thing to make this happen. Very similar to the reboot on Star Trek. This is why there are rumblings that not only Ripley and Hicks (Biehn) will be back but also Hudson (Paxton). I haven't seen anything conclusive saying either Biehn or Paxton have officially signed on though.

403Gemini
06-20-2015, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by jampack
Awesome news. I literally just purchased Alien: Isolation on Steam as it was $13 the other day! Haha. :thumbsup:

Good luck ;)

I've become a pussy lately and after like 3 hours I was like "nope nope nope nope nope" lol

403Gemini
06-20-2015, 09:24 AM
I'd be curious to see how Paxton survived the generator blowing up in A2. Maybe the queen snatched him and brought him on the ship at the end of 2 after he was impregnated with another queen?

jampack
06-20-2015, 01:51 PM

Good luck ;)

I've become a pussy lately and after like 3 hours I was like "nope nope nope nope nope" lol

I actually take my headphones off or turn the volume of the speaker down when I know there's something creeping around haha. But then it doesn't help as the sound gives me the idea if it's near lol. I just need to die, reload the saved game, then retry. :rofl:

rx7boi
06-20-2015, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Why do I get the feeling Bill Paxton sold InRich a corvette?

He probably did in True Lies :rofl:

DannyO
06-20-2015, 06:37 PM
Looking forward to both of these, I liked Prometheus but although it had some bad ideas in it, I really wanted to have certain questions answered. Looking forward to A5 more though, A2 is one of my favourite movies of all time, A3 was decent, but A4 was pretty bad.

As for Alien Isolation, I hope that with the coming consumer VR headsets over the next year or so, that this game is properly supported so people can play it. I've played a few hours of it with the Rift DK2 and it truly is something else. Being able to tell how tall the alien is and its general size is amazing, as well as its distance from you. Hiding in lockers and under desks and watching its tail slide by you is just something that can only be experienced.

D'z Nutz
06-20-2015, 06:44 PM
The only Alien films I *really* hated were the AvP ones. Even then I still watch them when they're on tv cause it's fucking Aliens.

Vagabond142
06-21-2015, 01:09 PM

Good luck ;)

The best is just before you meet the alien for the first time... you move a little, and you hear skittering in the ceiling above you..... so you freeze... and the sound stops. You move, the skittering resumes...

... then you know you're being hunted....

:eek:

Best game for matching the feel and atmosphere of the movies

Dertz
06-22-2015, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

The best is just before you meet the alien for the first time... you move a little, and you hear skittering in the ceiling above you..... so you freeze... and the sound stops. You move, the skittering resumes...

... then you know you're being hunted....

:eek:

Best game for matching the feel and atmosphere of the movies

I really need to get a PS4 and play this game.

Dertz
06-22-2015, 10:23 AM
The only Alien films I *really* hated were the AvP ones. Even then I still watch them when they're on tv cause it's fucking Aliens.

Tru, with that being said, all 3 are still entertaining in a "I don't give a fuck" kind of way.:D

We see Lance Henrikson as Weyland. which now I can't remember if he dies or not???

Part 2 is so bad it's good, this one lost a lot of control and credibility with the franchise. Watching the Dad and son get it at the beginning is priceless :D :D

Predator with Adrien Brody and Foreman!!! Terrible man.
Only cool part was realizing they were a different planet.
Need to re-watch that crap again.

I watched Predator 3D release and that looked fantastic.
Arnie was so real:guns:

Inzane
07-03-2015, 04:11 PM
I'm surprised there's so much love for Prometheus here. I thought the film was mostly garbage. :dunno:

I've really lost faith in Ridley Scott.

Dertz
07-07-2015, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Inzane
I'm surprised there's so much love for Prometheus here. I thought the film was mostly garbage. :dunno:

Better then most people behind the chair.
I won't get into it :D

Inzane
07-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Dertz

Better then most people behind the chair.
I won't get into it :D

Perhaps.

James Cameron is all but dead to me now.

And George Lucas... An insult to talented directors to even bring him up in a discussion about talented directors.

heavyD
07-08-2015, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Inzane

It was nowhere near a garbage film. Not the best film in the series but it was a solid Sci-Fi flick on it's own merit.