PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump

ZenOps
06-19-2015, 09:38 PM
wN7KHWdyrbI

Since he seems to want to run for prez again.

Man most likely to start WWIII? I can work with that, if the US wins or loses doesn't really matter to me.

btimbit
06-19-2015, 10:10 PM
Us politics is where I start to sound like a conspiracy theorist. Republican, Democrat, it doesn't matter who wins the president doesn't run that shit hole anyway.

Go Trump

Hallowed_point
06-19-2015, 11:39 PM
Stick to your premium mattress line, mail order brides and ugly red ties Donny. The U.S. Doesn't need more debt or wars.

Supa Dexta
06-20-2015, 02:42 AM
http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/donald-trump--the-country-is-doing-terribly-467434563618

Atleast he doesn't just spout day dreams and lolli pops - I enjoy him telling them they are in trouble, and would enjoy the same of Canada. He doesnt say a lot, but its early and only a few min interview, have to be careful what you say right out of the gate.

ZenOps
06-20-2015, 07:13 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/16/donald-trump-mexico-presidential-speech-latino-hispanic

M.alex
06-20-2015, 08:12 PM
I would vote for him. He isn't afraid to speak his mind and be cowed by everybody running home crying to their mommy; he says it like it is.

Graham_A_M
06-20-2015, 08:21 PM
^totally agreed.

ZenOps
06-22-2015, 07:34 AM
I see many of Donald Trumps policies as being similar to Kim Jong Un. No kidding. His immigration stance is arguably the complete opposite of Obama.

At the least, his economically protectionist attitude is definitely an isolationist policy (Canada being outside of that circle as well) With his "you swim or you die" and "you're fired" slant, I can imagine the US would have to risk a population going into the 150 million "not working" category up from the current 93 million "not working" today.

The US would have to endure more pain under Trump before it gets better.

Still... Whip them americans into shape :whipped: I'd vote for Trump too.

Feruk
06-22-2015, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by ZenOps
At the least, his economically protectionist attitude is definitely an isolationist policy (Canada being outside of that circle as well) With his "you swim or you die" and "you're fired" slant, I can imagine the US would have to risk a population going into the 150 million "not working" category up from the current 93 million "not working" today.
How do you figure an economically isolationist policy will cause more job losses? If anything, tariffs on imports will make it more likely that US companies will keep labor in the US instead of relocating to a third world country.

ExtraSlow
06-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Protectionism causes the economy to contract and reduces competitiveness of companies headquartered in that country.

HiTempguy1
06-22-2015, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Protectionism causes the economy to contract and reduces competitiveness of companies headquartered in that country.

That is what corporations would like you to think, and has been debunked time and again (the EU is the perfect example of how making the economies of countries open has simply exaggerated the discrepancies). In reality, "free trade" simply allows companies to move their wealth around easier and get the best deals. Notice how nowhere in that statement did I say that somehow it magically gives people more, higher paying jobs.

ZenOps
06-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Protectionism depends on perspective.

The best sample of protectionism in Canada would probably be the Dairy board.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/milk-surplus-forcing-canadas-dairy-industry-to-dump-supply/article25030753/

For the producers, keeping the circle tight (protectionist) and prices high means that they can charge what they want, and nearly all within the circle have gotten rich.

Those outside the circle of course either have to pay more, or if they cannot or will not pay the "set price", they simply do not get any - it is literally thrown down the drain in order to keep demand high for protectionist "quality milk".

Seen from a ranchers (rich) viewpoint, protectionism is good as it brings in more profit and keeps standards high (Made in the USA used to be a hallmark of quality)

Seen from the consumers (poor) perspective, protectionism is bad - as high quality goods are unaffordable.

Take away the protectionism and the producer shifts to being poor, and the consumer rich. Donald definitely sides with the producers more - and would probably be the man flushing the milk down the drain himself.

tirebob
06-22-2015, 11:36 AM
This guy has claimed corporate bankruptcy like four times! You would trust this guy running the business of a country? The only thing guaranteed is he would know how to keep his personal wealth intact while driving everything else into the ground... Entertaining as he may be, there are only about 1000 other business men that would be better for the job.

Feruk
06-22-2015, 11:53 AM
Protectionism depends on perspective.

The best sample of protectionism in Canada would probably be the Dairy board.

Just like the best example of free trade would be the Ontario car manufacturers. Canada/USA/Mexico sign NAFTA... car manufacturing moves to Mexico. And who can possibly blame the car manufacturers? I'd rather pay $5/hour to a Mexican than $40/hour+ in salary/benefits to a unionized Canadian. To this day, there are still idiot Ontarians thinking those jobs are coming back one day... They would, when you accept $5/hour. Free trade for Canadians = job losses in any sort of labor work that could be done elsewhere.

Jlude
06-22-2015, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by tirebob
This guy has claimed corporate bankruptcy like four times! You would trust this guy running the business of a country? The only thing guaranteed is he would know how to keep his personal wealth intact while driving everything else into the ground... Entertaining as he may be, there are only about 1000 other business men that would be better for the job.

Have to agree with this, but none of them crooked/stupid enough to run for president.

Canmorite
06-24-2015, 09:43 AM
Yeah, the US definitely needs a man who doesn't believe Obama is a citizen as President. :rofl:

The guy is a tool and will pull out like he did last time before things get serious.

Hallowed_point
06-24-2015, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by tirebob
This guy has claimed corporate bankruptcy like four times! You would trust this guy running the business of a country? The only thing guaranteed is he would know how to keep his personal wealth intact while driving everything else into the ground... Entertaining as he may be, there are only about 1000 other business men that would be better for the job. I wouldn't. Especially being "neighbors" to a country with that megalomaniac at the helm. He has no sense of personal accountability. Welp, clear the debt and start over again under a new company. The US does not need another war monger or fiscally irresponsibly toupee wearing doofus.

killramos
06-24-2015, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Canmorite
Yeah, the US definitely needs a man who doesn't believe Obama is a citizen as President. :rofl:

The guy is a tool and will pull out like he did last time before things get serious.

I bet he doesn't spend a dollar on the campaign. The media will just fluff up his name for a few months for free and he'll profit off it.

Like a guy like him wants a stressful job that puts his companies in blind trust in order to make 400k a year?

He has a big ego but you couldnt pay me any ammount of money to be Preseident/Prime Minister/Queen of a country :dunno:

codetrap
06-24-2015, 10:23 AM

sputnik
06-24-2015, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by killramos
Like a guy like him wants a stressful job that puts his companies in blind trust in order to make 400k a year?

Once you are worth billions, you rarely do anything based on the salary.

If he is genuine in his campaign it is because he wants to be the most powerful man in the world (or at least North America).

slinkie
06-24-2015, 01:50 PM

True, pretty much 0 opportunities to profit when you and your friends run the country, I wonder why bush family is going for round 3

CanmoreOrLess
06-24-2015, 01:54 PM
I could never vote for someone who denies his baldness and/or believes The Flintstones was based on fact. America is entertaining if nothing else. How can you seriously run for public office believing mankind is 5,000 years old? Trump is not this stupid, or he keeps it to himself unlike a few who are running. Hoping for an outside speech, wind blowing and Trump's hair flapping like a flag.

ercchry
06-24-2015, 02:08 PM

He has a big ego but you couldnt pay me any ammount of money to be Preseident/Prime Minister/Queen of a country :dunno:

ummm... :insert off colour joke here: :rofl:

Xtrema
06-26-2015, 03:15 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/26/media/donald-trump-univision-doral-golf-courses/index.html

Trump up the crazies

ZenOps
07-19-2015, 10:13 AM
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317.html

Bwahaha! Hes just telling it like everyone is thinking though. Seriously, how did Mccain get captured anyhow. Isn't the US war machine infallable?

cancer man
07-20-2015, 05:45 AM
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317.html

Bwahaha! Hes just telling it like everyone is thinking though. Seriously, how did Mccain get captured anyhow. Isn't the US war machine infallable?

In October 1967, while on a bombing mission over Hanoi, he was shot down, seriously injured, and captured by the North Vietnamese. He was a prisoner of war until 1973. McCain experienced episodes of torture, and refused an out-of-sequence early repatriation offer. His war wounds left him with lifelong physical limitations.

In other words he bombed babies and never seen combat.

rage2
07-20-2015, 07:20 AM
Hilarious that he's leading the polls.

killramos
07-20-2015, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Proving that Americans really do hate immigrants.

The worst part is he is such a horrible speaker, say what you will about his policies, but every time he opens his mouth he looks like an idiot.

rage2
07-20-2015, 07:42 AM
I think Americans have been too politically correct to realize that haha.

Xtrema
07-20-2015, 08:31 AM

watch he takes a bunch of donations and goes home with the $.

And other GOP candidates, however crazy they are/will be will look like moderates from here on forward. :rofl:

birdman86
07-20-2015, 09:13 AM
The thing that's helping trump is that people know they need something different, and he's the only one that isn't a cookie cutter professional politician. Well him and that Bernie guy that reddit loves, but GOP ain't getting behind that.

rage2
07-21-2015, 12:17 PM
Excellent opinion on why Trump is doing so well.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/donald-trump-john-mccain-ant-man-hillary-clinton-124576220850.html

Sugarphreak
07-22-2015, 07:45 AM

CanmoreOrLess
07-22-2015, 10:06 AM

Last I looked, we are all immigrants other than the original peoples of North America. People are so stupid when it comes to hate.

killramos
07-22-2015, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

Last I looked, we are all immigrants other than the original peoples of North America. People are so stupid when it comes to hate.

Pretty sure if you are born here you aren't an immigrant. What you are describing is racism.

There is a difference between hating immigrants and being straight up racist ( ie hating people of color or whatever ).

For example, as a white person, you can be pissed off about white Canadians moving to the US taking skilled jobs with our politeness and , well, education. Or Hong Kongers hating mainlanders.

That's hating immigrants, not being racist.

Its just that in the US, especially in some states, it turns out a huge proportion of the immigrants, especially illegal ones, are Mexican. That's where people start clouding race issues with immigration issues.

100% there are some people who advocate against immigration for purely racial reasons. But there are lots of legitimate reasons to be against increased immigration, illegal immigration, amnesty for illegals than just being mad about the spread of enchiladas across the US border.

Unfortunately Donald is going full retard in what he is saying regarding immigration policy and MAKING it a racial stereotypical argument.

tl:dr

Having a tough stance on immigration does not automatically make you a Racist.

Cos
07-22-2015, 10:27 AM

Tik-Tok
07-22-2015, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

I didnt immigrate here. My ancestors did, but not me.

Xtrema
07-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Well.. Trump is leading despite JM attack

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/21/poll-donald-trump-still-on-the-rise-no-hit-from-john-mccain-attack/

However:

Democrats are loving this. They need Trump to mobilize their own voters after losing the senate due to voter apathy.

freshprince1
07-22-2015, 10:54 AM
Man, if Romney would have been voted in, they wouldnt have to be trying to push this clown on the Rep's. I like Trump, and I'd give him a shot at the presidency, but only to tackle the US debt and budget nightmares.

killramos
07-22-2015, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by freshprince1
Man, if Romney would have been voted in, they wouldn't have to be trying to push this clown on the Rep's. I like Trump, and I'd give him a shot at the presidency, but only to tackle the US debt and budget nightmares.

For how many times the guy has declared bankruptcy in one form or another i have some severe concerns on how good he would be at tackling debt.

freshprince1
07-22-2015, 11:04 AM

For how many times the guy has declared bankruptcy in one form or another i have some severe concerns on how good he would be at tackling debt.

That's true, but how many times has he bounced back to being worth tens of millions? If we can get him on the upswing....he might be able to do some good.

I find myself arguing for him out of some sort of peculiar curiosity, almost like it's his next reality show...except one that I might actually want to watch. I can't believe he is a viable candidate...but then again it is the US...they've done stupider things (like electing Obama...twice!?).

The other thing is, what are their other options? Bush (again), Clinton (again), Paul (again)....time for some new blood! I can't believe how lacking-in-diversity their pool of candidates is. It's so obvious that there are waves and multitudes of shadowy figures behind the scenes pulling the strings. While Trump IS just another corporate proponent...at least he is someone new and maybe...just maybe...might bring something different to the table.

Tik-Tok
07-22-2015, 11:04 AM

He's really good at making himself rich while bankrupting his companies. Not exactly the kind of person I would want running MY country, but it's definitely the American way.

Masked Bandit
07-22-2015, 11:05 AM
Having Trump as the President would be downright hilarious. The late night talk show guys would never run out of material. Hell, it might be enough to bring John Stewart back.

Antonito
07-22-2015, 12:39 PM

Well, 22% of Republicans, who only account for 50ish% of the population. Sounds about right

Trump running is hilarious, but if by some miracle he won it would end up like when Jesse Ventura was governor. Half way through his term reality would hit hard and he'd give up in frustration and spend the rest of his term hiding

R!zz0
07-22-2015, 12:52 PM
You think the African Americans will ask for his birth certificate? :rofl:

ZenOps
07-22-2015, 06:13 PM
I do doubt Jeb Bush getting in. If you have three generations of one family, it really starts to look like Pharoah type monarchies where blood matters more than ability.

Might as well just call it Kim Jong Bush then.

freshprince1
07-23-2015, 11:39 AM
I do doubt Jeb Bush getting in. If you have three generations of one family, it really starts to look like Pharoah type monarchies where blood matters more than ability.

It doesn't happen often....but I entirely agree with ZenOps. Someone send me some nickels!!

ZenOps
07-24-2015, 09:14 AM
eLydb7K6zmY

Trump got draft deferment five times.

Not that it is necessarily a bad thing, without doubt the Vietnam war was one of the greatest failures of the US military in modern history. I'd shudder to think of the US chances going up against North Korea.

rage2
07-24-2015, 12:07 PM

Technically it's still 2 generations. Jeb and George W are bros.

civic_stylez
07-24-2015, 02:11 PM
Trump is a media genius. His exposure will crush any other candidate just based on the fact that he does stupid shit all the time. People want to see what his next move will be. Regardless if hes hating on latinos, giving out politicians phone numbers or just being a goof in general, the public loves a sideshow. Scary thing is, he may actually end up running that country. Love to see him and Putin having a sit down...:nut:

Also, declaring bankruptcy for these guys is the easy way out. They know more money will come but why pay debts when you get a relative free pass out of owing and then are free to make and retain money afterwards??

rage2
07-29-2015, 10:39 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-cuban-donald-trump-best-thing-2015-7

Going to be a fun election season next year.

Tik-Tok
07-29-2015, 10:49 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-cuban-donald-trump-best-thing-2015-7

Going to be a fun election season next year.

He isnt wrong, thats for sure.

Sugarphreak
07-29-2015, 11:39 AM

rx7_turbo2
07-29-2015, 11:54 AM
I got a good laugh at his first press conference. I thought he was dead in the water after his first comments regarding illegal immigrants but he's weathered everything pretty well so far.

I think what you're seeing is that agree or disagree with his views the fact he's saying what's on his mind has garnered a lot of support. Politicians have become so accustomed to rambling on at length while saying nothing specific about anything, that a guy that goes up there off the cuff and tells you how he actually feels about something is rather refreshing.

Truth be told some of what he says isn't that far off actually, or it's something a lot of Americans have been thinking but few would say out loud.

max_boost
07-29-2015, 12:06 PM
Go the Donald!

HiTempguy1
07-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Turbo2, I recently read an article in (Alberta Venture?) Called "faking authenticity". It sort of ties in with Donald Trump I feel: he is authentic. He is him.

I hate Obama, not because he is a bad person or because I disagree with his policies (some, not all), but he is a pandering dickhead with no backbone who enjoys talking down to people and being passive aggressive.

Its like I always say; I'd rather an asshole of a boss who is up front with me on what they require. Tell me what to do, be clear and concise, and I will do it, even if I dont agree with it. We can talk about the results and whether it was the right choice after, but LEAD and make a decision.

rx7_turbo2
07-29-2015, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1
I hate Obama, not because he is a bad person or because I disagree with his policies (some, not all), but he is a pandering dickhead with no backbone who enjoys talking down to people and being passive aggressive.

Obama, America's Nenshi.

rage2
08-10-2015, 10:27 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donald-trump-megyn-kelly-should-apologize-to-me-126343885371.html

:rofl:

It's interesting that everyone is trying to gang up on Trump, yet his "weak performance" has strengthened his numbers.

And WTF, when did Megyn Kelly all of a sudden become a respected Journalist according to all the Trump haters? This is the same chick that Jon Stewart blasted over the years, the same chick that claimed Jesus and Santa were white. :nut:

Sugarphreak
08-10-2015, 10:28 AM

rage2
08-10-2015, 10:33 AM
They were pretty harsh on Trump. They kept trying to interrupt and correct him while he was answering. Entertaining nevertheless.

Tik-Tok
08-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Donald Trump, he's the hero the GOP deserves, but not the one it needs.

Toma
08-10-2015, 11:23 AM
He's a GOP plant, part of a social science scheme and experiment.

On their own, EVERY whack job vying for the republican nomination is a psycho. But Trump trumps them all. So he was planted to use relativity theory, to make the rest of them look more sane and palatable.

You'll see. He won't get the nomination, nor will he run as an independant.

:poosie:

Inzane
08-10-2015, 12:38 PM
Why is anyone republican, conservative or otherwise ring wing automatically a psycho? :dunno:

Toma
08-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Inzane
Why is anyone republican, conservative or otherwise ring wing automatically a psycho? :dunno:

It's far from automatic. It arises from what they say, do, and policies. Everything from rampant misogyny, xenophobia, religious nonsense.... lol. Its actually hard to believe how people from the 1750s have been resurected and taken over the Republican party.

ZenOps
08-21-2015, 05:10 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/donald-trump-emphasizes-plans-to-build-real-wall-at-mexico-border-1.3196807

This is what I've been saying for years. Trump would also make the mexicans pay for it.

I also think the US should put a few tanks at the Canadian border, because I'm pretty sure that Rob Anders will invade and sabotage what is left of the US and Canada for his personal gain.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
08-21-2015, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1

That's true, but how many times has he bounced back to being worth tens of millions? If we can get him on the upswing....he might be able to do some good.

I find myself arguing for him out of some sort of peculiar curiosity, almost like it's his next reality show...except one that I might actually want to watch. I can't believe he is a viable candidate...but then again it is the US...they've done stupider things (like electing Obama...twice!?).

The other thing is, what are their other options? Bush (again), Clinton (again), Paul (again)....time for some new blood! I can't believe how lacking-in-diversity their pool of candidates is. It's so obvious that there are waves and multitudes of shadowy figures behind the scenes pulling the strings. While Trump IS just another corporate proponent...at least he is someone new and maybe...just maybe...might bring something different to the table.

Look up Bernie Sanders

ZenOps
08-23-2015, 04:56 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3203517/Trump-predicts-Hillary-20-years-prison-federal-law-voted-backs-up.html

Throw Hillary in jail for twenty years? Harsh critic. If thats the case, throw Rob Anders in jail for two hundred.