PDA

View Full Version : Impark 2015

Mitsu3000gt
06-20-2015, 10:16 PM
I know this has been debated to death in previous years, but I just wanted to check if anything has changed in 2015 regarding not having to pay Impark tickets? I did a search and couldn't find anything this year. I see they are now $65, and if you don't pay in 7 days, $95.

My GF got an Impark ticket the other day, and I told her I'm pretty sure she doesn't have to pay it assuming nothing has changed. Is that definitely still the case? Still using their own BS "collections" ? Still have no power over your credit rating? Still have no access to the registry?

Thanks!

JordanAndrew
06-20-2015, 10:26 PM
Here's a fairly new news link regarding private parking, including impark.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1694520/parking-tickets-which-ones-you-must-pay-and-which-ones-you-dont/

RY213
06-21-2015, 11:36 AM
They must have some access to the registry because they are able to get your phone number for the collections calls.

They're collections are pretty relentless, I was getting calls 2-3 times a day for an $80 ticket until I blocked the number.

M.alex
06-21-2015, 12:01 PM
Maybe ya'll should just pay your tickets instead of being pricks.

I pay Impark $550/mth to park downtown so if you arn't paying I hope you get ticketed to hell and sent to collections.

guessboi
06-21-2015, 12:13 PM
+1. Don't be cheap and just pay the $65.00.

dubhead
06-21-2015, 12:29 PM
A little off topic this reminds me I got a couple parking tickets in Seattle wonder if I need to pay those?

Oh and i think I used the toll bridge in Vancouver without paying, any reason to pay that ticket?

dirtsniffer
06-21-2015, 12:34 PM
Well impark doesn't have the authority to make people pay tickets so why would you pay them? Feeling charitable? The only thing they can do is tow you, or they could get the city to ticket you.

Xtrema
06-21-2015, 01:45 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/culture/commuting/if-i-get-a-ticket-from-a-private-company-do-i-have-to-pay-it/article22458805/

TLDR,

If you don't pay it, you get collection calls and may get towed without warning next time you are in an Impark lot. But nothing bad will ever happen.

I won't pay the penalty/ticket but will offer to pay whatever the daily maximum is and call it a day. I assume your GF is at fault after all.

rob the knob
06-21-2015, 03:20 PM
why don't you guys pay in first place for parking and not get ticket?

colsankey
06-21-2015, 03:50 PM
Cause on beyond its often trendier to buck the system and be a cheap ass.

FraserB
06-21-2015, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by M.alex
Maybe ya'll should just pay your tickets instead of being pricks.

I pay Impark $550/mth to park downtown so if you arn't paying I hope you get ticketed to hell and sent to collections.

The "collections agency" they send it to is actually not a true collections agency. They named it something that sounds official, but they can't do anything.

Mitsu3000gt
06-21-2015, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by rob the knob
why don't you guys pay in first place for parking and not get ticket?

It was after 6pm on a Saturday and from what I am told she didn't know it was a private lot. She always pays normally. Honest mistake this time around.

Maybe what we'll do is mail a cheque for the maximum parking rate at the time and see what happens - she would have had no problem paying if she had known it was a private lot.

rob the knob
06-21-2015, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

It was after 6pm on a Saturday and from what I am told she didn't know it was a private lot. She always pays normally. Honest mistake this time around.

Maybe what we'll do is mail a cheque for the maximum parking rate at the time and see what happens - she would have had no problem paying if she had known it was a private lot.

private lot instead of public lot?

is this the strip mall type now that have parking that costs?

realazy
06-21-2015, 11:02 PM
I can see the impark lot on 10th ave from my office and they do tow people, they towed two cars on Friday while I was watching. So if you dont plan to ever park in an impark lot again, then you're probably okay not paying it.

Mitsu3000gt
06-21-2015, 11:04 PM
This was some lot near the Calgary Tower, I don't know exactly which one, I'd have to go look.

I have no issues paying the $10 or whatever the rate is. I have an issue with the ridiculous $65/$95 penalty.

Sugarphreak
06-22-2015, 08:54 AM

OneGreasyHobo
06-22-2015, 09:27 AM
Vinci right not is killing me... I'll park my motorbike in the lot and pay, still to get a ticket.. This is like my 3rd one.. And Its not me that screwing it up.

They make fighting the appeal so annoying. Best part is "Ticket cancellation will be subject to a administration fee. Please send only one email per appeal, we will reply as soon as possible.."

JustinMCS
06-22-2015, 09:29 AM
This is why I use city lots only. ParkPlus is reasonable and if you ever need any help they are really good usually. Only downside - if you get a ticket, you need to pay it or you cant register your vehicle when it's up for renewal ;)

OneGreasyHobo
06-22-2015, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by JustinMCS
This is why I use city lots only. ParkPlus is reasonable and if you ever need any help they are really good usually. Only downside - if you get a ticket, you need to pay it or you cant register your vehicle when it's up for renewal ;)

City lots are a blessing, and a breeze of fresh air compared to vinci... Only one close to the office though.

theken
06-22-2015, 10:04 AM
I got a ticket at the Sunridge lot, when I payed, so I stopped paying when I had to go which was about 4 times. Fuck them

ee2k
06-22-2015, 10:27 AM
Impark has an internal "collection agency" called City Collection Co. That's essentially where the ticket goes after Impark fails to collect. After City Collection exhausts all efforts, that's where it gets ugly: your file is sent to real collection agencies (Gateway is one of them) where Impark gets cents on the dollar and you get a credit hit.

If you got a ticket for parking illegally, you were in contravention of the posted signs. Pay your violation ticket, or else stop complaining when collections steps are taken against you.

Mitsu3000gt
06-22-2015, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by ee2k
Impark has an internal "collection agency" called City Collection Co. That's essentially where the ticket goes after Impark fails to collect. After City Collection exhausts all efforts, that's where it gets ugly: your file is sent to real collection agencies (Gateway is one of them) where Impark gets cents on the dollar and you get a credit hit.

If you got a ticket for parking illegally, you were in contravention of the posted signs. Pay your violation ticket, or else stop complaining when collections steps are taken against you.

So is this something new then? I only ask because it seems to go against all the information posted up until around the Fall or 2014 as well as the news articles.

msommers
06-22-2015, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by colsankey
Cause on beyond its often trendier to buck the system and be a cheap ass.

Bingo

Hallowed_point
06-22-2015, 11:03 AM
Can they tow? Yep. Will they - maybe. Do you feel lucky, punk? I've seen a guy at my work get towed due to probably 100+ outstanding Impark tickets last year. He tried to drive the car off once it was on the hook. CPS had to attend etc :rofl: :rofl:

You really only should worry if you have more than 1 ticket/or if the ticket is in fact from the CPA (called in by Impark patrol boy.) You for sure have to pay those.

FraserB
06-22-2015, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by ee2k

They have recourse under contract law in civil court. But they won't bother due to the cost. Your credit is not affected.

OneGreasyHobo
06-22-2015, 12:09 PM
Last year when I got like three at the end of the season, I PAID TO PARK, It was easier to get a new license plate then fight the tickets.

They never called me or anything.

VINCI again.

gqmw
06-22-2015, 02:43 PM
I always paid for parking even in Impark lots, then one time I paid and still got a ticket. After that I stopped paying for parking in Impark lots, got a few more tickets. Never got anything in the mail from them. But since then I've changed my plate and stopped parking at Impark.

dansmith11
06-22-2015, 02:57 PM
i was a pretty regular impark user this past winter/spring.. the lot by my building was 42 bucks day for a while.. these days its back down to 36 something, good till 6pm. i always pay.

well i got stuck late in the office a few times, came out to my car at 6:25 one day, and 6:17 another. got tickets both times.

so i'm pretty pissed that they give zero lee-way to a regular customer who has given them thousands of dollars in revenue over the past 5-6 months. and then they want 95 bucks for staying less than 30 minutes over when i already paid almost 40 bucks for the day?

fuck all that.

plan is to not pay, and boycott impark forever. park plus all the way.

i'll let you know if i ever hear from them/collections.

codetrap
06-24-2015, 10:25 AM

revelations
06-24-2015, 10:55 AM
Impark wont affect your credit after 1 ticket.

After 10 outstanding, you can bet they will ramp up the collections service to the next level as it becomes beneficial to them.

codetrap
06-24-2015, 11:12 AM

G-ZUS
06-24-2015, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by codetrap
Think so? I was at 11 *infractions* over the course of an entire year. I eventually sent them a letter back stating that I wouldn't be paying their silly fines, and if they wanted to try to enforce them I'd be happy to see them in court. The letters magically stopped. That was a couple of years ago. Then later, I signed up for Motorcycle Parking when they started offering it again last year, so they have all my information on file for my bike. They've sent me one letter for one day of parking without paying.. (the day I went down to the office to sign the contract actually). I've just ignored them. They send the letter, I drop it in the recycle bin. I'm paying them a fair amount of money to park my bike on a small strip of gravel 4 days a week, and I'm paying for 7 days a week. They can suck my dick if they want more money.

They will eventually tow you though. My co-worker parks in Impark lots 5 days a week without paying.. has been for 2 years now.. has been towed twice. He easily has hundreds of tickets.

Cheaper to pay the towing and impound fees, eh?

gkAeris
06-24-2015, 01:05 PM

They will eventually tow you though. My co-worker parks in Impark lots 5 days a week without paying.. has been for 2 years now.. has been towed twice. He easily has hundreds of tickets.

yes, I know a friend who parks at impark, in the 10th ave lot every day and doesn't pay. gets maybe 2-3 tickets/week, has over 50 tickets, never got towed, got a lot of letters from "collections" he won't pay it will just change license plates next year.

gkAeris
06-24-2015, 01:07 PM
oh also Im pretty sure they can't tow you they have to call the city of Calgary to come and ticket you and then tow you which takes time, so if you are only going to be there a couple of hours you will be fine.

last time someone parked in our condo parking stall my ex called city of Calgary to get the guy ticketed and towed it took about 4 hours, first the guy comes in a car with his ticket book, then he calls the tow truck....

these thing takes time!

Hallowed_point
06-24-2015, 02:07 PM
Impark in and of themselves DO NOT tow here. They have to call the CPA request for assistance to have the vehicle flagged for towing. This means Impark patrol boy has to wait at the lot until City Wide rolls in. Seldom will happen unless you're double parked, or have 100+ tickets.

revelations
06-24-2015, 04:18 PM
Think so? I was at 11 *infractions* over the course of an entire year. I eventually sent them a letter back stating that I wouldn't be paying their silly fines, and if they wanted to try to enforce them I'd be happy to see them in court. The letters magically stopped. That was a couple of years ago. Then later, I signed up for Motorcycle Parking when they started offering it again last year, so they have all my information on file for my bike. They've sent me one letter for one day of parking without paying.. (the day I went down to the office to sign the contract actually). I've just ignored them. They send the letter, I drop it in the recycle bin. I'm paying them a fair amount of money to park my bike on a small strip of gravel 4 days a week, and I'm paying for 7 days a week. They can suck my dick if they want more money.

Ask your co worker about when the last time he checked his FICO score. I'd be curious to know if anything has happened since.

dubhead
06-24-2015, 09:46 PM
Thought I shaw a CTV, or maybe global story, where the asked the credit bureaus directly and they basically said that they do NOT collect any information on these matter and it will not affect your credit score

Edit: http://globalnews.ca/news/1694520/parking-tickets-which-ones-you-must-pay-and-which-ones-you-dont/

As for whether an unpaid ticket from a private company would affect a driver’s credit rating, the credit bureau won’t register a debt without a court judgement.

chkolny541
06-25-2015, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

I can throw in my personal experience with impark a few months ago. I actively avoid parking at their lots, but this time it was unavoidable. I parked, went in a store for 10 min to get a suit fitted and BAM ticket, I was more impressed then anything the dude was clearly watching me. Instead of paying I sent them a cheque with the daily max charge (i think like 8 or 10$ or something for the saturday, this was not a downtown lot btw). The basically just ignored the cheque and started sending the letters to my apt. I'm jsut trying to say that I dont think this will work, just offering to pay the daily max, they will likely just ignore it and not cash it and just begin with the standard collections practice. I ended up just paying mine just be done with it.

Mitsu3000gt
06-25-2015, 10:46 AM
^^ Good info, thanks. Doesn't sound like my plan will work, but if the credit bureaus themselves are saying they need a court order for private tickets to affect your credit, that pretty much means they never will unless I am missing something.

codetrap
06-25-2015, 01:00 PM

94boosted
06-25-2015, 02:31 PM
If they are getting peoples addresses and phone numbers that must mean the registries are releasing some personal information to ImPark right?

Kaos
06-25-2015, 02:58 PM
You can check how many tickets you have pending payment on their website; I have a couple pending since 2007. One of the lots I received a ticket in no longer exists.
Obviously I can't recall ever getting these tickets but worth checking out how many you received.

Shadowz has about 30 pending.

Just input your plate # and province.
https://payments.impark.com/?brand=imp&_ga=1.209287834.927057365.1433540146

OneGreasyHobo
06-25-2015, 03:10 PM
I had to fill out the form for Vinci to fight the ticket. They wanted email, address, phone number... So I just put there headquarter information in... Can't trick me!!

codetrap
06-25-2015, 03:18 PM

ercchry
06-25-2015, 03:26 PM
huh, nothing outstanding... wonder who owns the lots i dont pay in... :rofl:

ickyflex
08-27-2015, 03:26 PM
On another note to update this.

Of this 40 tickets i've gotten via lot 31 (beside the international hotel). The guy comes between 2:15-3:30 every day. A few times before and after but it's a rarity.

So if anyone wants to roll the dice just pay for city parking at that time and move your car back in the lot after. Been about 90% successful in avoiding tickets for August and paying about $6 in city parking fees every day. Or if you work half a day then that lot will be 100% okay.

Mitsu3000gt
08-27-2015, 03:38 PM
My GF never did receive anything in the mail from collections by the way...doubt it's even coming unless it takes several months.