PDA

View Full Version : JDM Integra Frontend Help?

vinsh3nt
06-22-2015, 07:58 PM
I recently bought an Integra as a project, the person who sold it to me said that whoever he bought it off of attempted to do a JDM frontend conversion. For the most part the conversion is finished minus a slightly misaligned fender. That's not really the problem I have, the problem I have is that there is no JDM bumper support or grille. Bits of the USDM support are still there so I can't actually mount the bumper properly. The bumper is currently angled upwards and held on with like 8 zipties. I really do want to finish the conversion properly but even if I bought the bumper support I wouldn't know what to do as I'm fresh out of high school with absolutely 0 experience in regards to bodywork. Is there anywhere I can go or maybe even anyone who is able to help? I know most people tend to do the conversions themselves but I don't think I have the ability to do that.

mikey008
06-23-2015, 01:59 PM
Dealing with someones elses hack job is an adventure! If you're able to get the JDM bumper support, then everything should be an easy bolt on.

vinsh3nt
06-23-2015, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by mikey008
Dealing with someones elses hack job is an adventure! If you're able to get the JDM bumper support, then everything should be an easy bolt on.

I think I need to do some welding or something though as I have NO bumper reinforcement at all at the moment, even if I were to get the JDM upper bumper support I would have nowhere to secure it to. Sad part about this whole thing is that I didn't even know the entire bumper reinforcement was gone until I had to take off the bumper to get to the blinkers. Just really at a loss as to where I should go from here since I'm limited by budget and extremely limited by knowledge and skill.

mikey008
06-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by vinsh3nt

I think I need to do some welding or something though as I have NO bumper reinforcement at all at the moment, even if I were to get the JDM upper bumper support I would have nowhere to secure it to. Sad part about this whole thing is that I didn't even know the entire bumper reinforcement was gone until I had to take off the bumper to get to the blinkers. Just really at a loss as to where I should go from here since I'm limited by budget and extremely limited by knowledge and skill.

Hard to determine what exactly the issue is without seeing the actual picture! Where you located?Or is the car drivable to meet up somewhere?

vinsh3nt
07-14-2015, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by mikey008

Hard to determine what exactly the issue is without seeing the actual picture! Where you located?Or is the car drivable to meet up somewhere?

Sorry I've been away from the internet for a few days, I can try and get some pictures when this overcast weather clears up a bit.