PDA

View Full Version : Super Tic Tac Toe - Star Industries - Misleading Marketing

JMaj7
06-23-2015, 05:11 PM
consumers!
If you got one of these in the mail, don't bother trying to claim the "prize". It's a marketing scheme by a Water Company called Star Industries. They lead you into the false expectation that you may have won one of the 5 prizes on their scratch card so that they can try and sell you a water filtration system.

If you notice, I scratched two diagonal lines and got a weird travel discount card. Don't bother calling them to claim a prize. Share this with your networks so that people don't waste their time thanks to these shady marketing techniques.

JMaj7
06-23-2015, 05:16 PM
http://m.imgur.com/a/KVpyA

C_Dave45
06-23-2015, 05:34 PM
That marketing ploy has been used for 30 years or more.

StreetRacerX
06-23-2015, 06:01 PM
Wife did this and called them up after seeing she won, they told her over the phone they would be sending someone out that night to do water samples, the guy shows up and gives us the whole sale pitch blah blah blah, finally after telling the kid we weren't interested in it a million times he looked up what we won (the reward you get for whatever shape is NOT across from one another on the back of the ticket.

We ended up winning the Samsung Tablet 4, wife picked it up from them the next day haha!

EDIT: after talking to the wife after I got home the guy just looks up the number on the ticket to determine what you win the shapes mean nothing.

GTS4tw
06-23-2015, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
That marketing ploy has been used for 30 years or more.

haha yeah, welcome to 1970

NoPulp
06-23-2015, 07:38 PM
^^ seriously you actually got something?!?!

I remember my parents fell for it the first time it was tried in our neighbourhood.... the ****er "ran out of prizes the next door over" and told us at the very end of his pitch. Then he wouldn't leave... I forget if we threatened to call the police or what but it got pretty out of hand.

heavyfuel
06-23-2015, 11:26 PM
Greee-heee-heee-heeeeeasssy lol

LadyLuck
06-24-2015, 01:53 AM
Star Industries also sells the "air filtration" system which is the Tristar Vaccum

Truth about Tristar (http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/tristar-vaccum-calgary-alberta-c255603.html)

sputnik
06-24-2015, 08:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/vdk8kXS.png

StreetRacerX
06-24-2015, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by NoPulp
^^ seriously you actually got something?!?!

I remember my parents fell for it the first time it was tried in our neighbourhood.... the ****er "ran out of prizes the next door over" and told us at the very end of his pitch. Then he wouldn't leave... I forget if we threatened to call the police or what but it got pretty out of hand.

Hell yeah! Hahaha he was so choked when we shot him down, apparently we were the first people to win it, he says most people get the $500 hotel gift card or whatever it was.

D'z Nutz
06-24-2015, 08:14 PM
Did you guys also get a phone call telling you you won a cruise too?

max_boost
06-26-2015, 05:50 PM
It's okay. That's why you post on Beyond because even the best of us get hooked, lined and sinkered :devil:

SneakyNeek
06-29-2015, 04:21 PM
god i got suckered into working for star industries to sell the tristar about 6 or so years ago. biggest waste of time ever. owner is a short little fuck who threatens new staff by saying he knows cops and they will find you and kick your ass if you steal one of his vacuums.

i didn't really know what i was getting into until 2 days into training and by then i decided to give it a go since i put the time in. I walked up to the door with my partner on our first sales call and the guy has NO FUCKING LEGS!!. I was just standing there stunned like why the fuck would i try and sell a vacuum to this guy. called up the "boss" and he tells me to try and sell it anyways.

ended up just vacuuming the guys house ( was pretty dirty, didnt think he can do much cleaning on his own) left and quit that pos gig.

C_Dave45
06-29-2015, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
It's okay. That's why you post on Beyond because even the best of us get hooked, lined and sinkered :devil:
LOL....Amen.

FixedGear
06-29-2015, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by SneakyNeek
I walked up to the door with my partner on our first sales call and the guy has NO FUCKING LEGS!!. I was just standing there stunned like why the fuck would i try and sell a vacuum to this guy. called up the "boss" and he tells me to try and sell it anyways.

ended up just vacuuming the guys house ( was pretty dirty, didnt think he can do much cleaning on his own) left and quit that pos gig.

LOLOLOL funniest thing i've read in a long, long time. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: