PDA

View Full Version : Cayenne Flambe in Calgary

Hallowed_point
06-25-2015, 10:05 AM
Had some fun at work the other day. A guy in his 04 porsche cayenne S backed up into a support column in the parkade and smashed his tail light.

A few minutes later, a fire developed from the tail light! Attached is the end result. :goflames: Luckily, someone was thinking and grabbed a fire extinguisher before it spread.

JRSC00LUDE
06-25-2015, 10:08 AM
I'd say that's UNLUCKY, once my car started on fire I'd want it to finish...... :eek:

killramos
06-25-2015, 10:09 AM
^ :werd: Who wants to take the chance that they can repair it :rofl:

Hallowed_point
06-25-2015, 10:36 AM
Oh I'm pretty sure it will be written off. They smashed the windows and it saw some pretty good heat in the rear quarter. Plus it's an 04. Owner didn't seem to care too much when he came back.

relyt92
06-25-2015, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I'd say that's UNLUCKY, once my car started on fire I'd want it to finish...... :eek: For sure, no way I'd want my car back after some of it has burned, especially from an electrical fire.

Graham_A_M
06-25-2015, 10:55 PM
So I'm assuming some wires or leads were crushed and shorted out, which would just pop the 10-20 amp fuse normally. I'd be interested to see what went on with the wiring/fuse panel to begin with to have something like that quickly turn into an electrical fire. Never seen that happen before, asides from ghetto modded cars that may have had their wiring done by a blind 6 year old child to begin with.....

On a Cayenne, thats most likely not the case in the least, so sure is odd. :nut:

ToXicXxX
06-28-2015, 07:47 PM
Porsche is so famous for garbage quality wiring in that era of cars. I've seen too many Cayenne's and 996's with headlight wiring that was shorting in multiple places because the casing cracked, combined with letting water in. Happened on my Boxster too, had to open up the lights and rewire them.