PDA

View Full Version : FS: Calgary Stampede (infield) rodeo tickets (row 5)

Gart
06-25-2015, 12:04 PM
SOLD.
Thanks all.

Lazy, so just updating my post from last year:

Stampede 2016:
We have some grandfathered infield rodeo tickets for Stampede.
My employer backed out on some of our seats this year, so we have a couple to get rid of.

(Fridays/Sundays mostly..)

Our tix are Row 5, behind the chutes, so some of the better seats in the area. But as such they do cost a bit more. I find the (vocal part anyways) of beyond usually avoids stampede, or hate spending money, so we usually dump the extra(s) on kijiji once Stampede starts. But hey, if you know a guy.. (or company looking??)

For price: it's about $650-670(total) for 2 tickets. That price is a tad higher than face. BUT: We have (6), so prefer to sell the entire (6) and can drop the price to face value as incentive (or a little bit below - last year we ate the transaction/visa,etc fees.
edit: Wifey says the facevalue is ~$300 (for the cheaper days anyways. i.e. non-finals).

The last (2) days are finals and~$50 more, as they are longer / Stampede charges us more for them. But honestly typically we take our family to these as a) companies don't want weekends so they don't sell and b) it's better value for the money for us :)

(Afterwards We typically try to make friends to hang out in the infield beer gardens, check out the stable area / rider tents (usually need an invite there unless you're pretty) or watch the 'chucks afterwards. Not a guarantee, but a nice added perk if you can get it (free stuff).

Last year on the last day we ended up sitting beside some of the stampede committee which ended up giving us an obscene amount of soon to expire "stampede" bucks, which I promptly "donated" to every drink and game vendor on the long walk out .. I'm really terrible at those games.)

Edit: Added facevalue

BrknFngrs
06-25-2015, 12:09 PM
What's the face value on these?

Gart
06-25-2015, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
What's the face value on these?

It doesn't say on the actual ticket (They're those giant lanyard type ones). I'll go check (aka ask the missus) what we paid though as we got directly from the stampede.

Off hand, I think we're $10 marked up. But I'll double check for sure and edit this post.

edit: updated pricing to sell the remaining.

Gart
06-14-2016, 12:12 PM
Bumping for 2016