PDA

View Full Version : Terrorists Attack Spain!!

el_fefes
03-11-2004, 02:33 PM
"Ten terrorist bombs blasted three Madrid train stations at the height of the morning rush hour Thursday, killing more than 182 people and wounding at least 900. Police found a van with detonators and an Arabic-language tape with Qur'anic verses."

man wat has the wold come to? :thumbsdow I have family in Spain, and we don't know if they're ok....

damn the terrorists :whipped: even if spain backed the war, they have no right to do that!!!!

Ben
03-11-2004, 04:06 PM
hopefully everyone is ok. I hate terrorism.

benyl
03-11-2004, 04:24 PM
:banghead:

Wonder what these people think this accomplishes...

Weapon_R
03-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by benyl
:banghead:

Wonder what these people think this accomplishes...

Wonder what forces them to do it...

Super_Geo
03-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Ben
hopefully everyone is ok. I hate terrorism.

... I hate American foreign policy that stir enough hatred in people to make them turn to terrorism.

B17a
03-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

... I hate American foreign policy that stir enough hatred in people to make them turn to terrorism.

I hate people who use religion as a veil for terrorism.

Dj_Stylz
03-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Yea man its just so sad

Moonracer
03-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by B17a

:werd:

hjr
03-11-2004, 06:12 PM
I hate everyone! haha, lots of hate here!

Its sick that that shit happens. Terrible. And it certainly doesnt help the arab cause when the crazies of the region go blowing people up.

But everyone must remeber:

>>> Fundementalism is to Islam

as?? AS????

>>> the KKK is to christianity.

ninjak84
03-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Wonder what forces them to do it...

Originally posted by Ben
I hate

I hate

I hate

Originally posted by hjr
I hate

Haha.... maybe hatred?!? Just a wild crazy guess :D

EK 2.0
03-11-2004, 08:32 PM

Yeah, the whole "Jihad" thing...OMG was that So taken out of context by Mr. Osama, and the Media...Why should religions, and the followers of said religions be placed in a bad light becasue of a "few bad apples"...

Weapon_R
03-11-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
Haha.... maybe hatred?!? Just a wild crazy guess :D

Or possibly unjust persecution?

fast95pony
03-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Where next ??? Canada ???:confused:

itsalebaron
03-12-2004, 12:03 AM

LOL it was only a matter of time before someone blamed the Americans for this .. whats next this is a big conspiracy to get Bush re-elected?

All I have to say is two wrongs don't make a right... these people injured and killed did not deserve this, and in the end it was the choice of the people who planted the bombs. In my mind no one else is responsible. But if it makes you feel better keep blaming someone else .. though I am sure it will change when these incidents hit Canada... Calgary ,.,. or someone in your family.

If you think terrorism is the only alternative, or answer then why don't you go join them?

Weapon_R
03-12-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by itsalebaron

LOL it was only a matter of time before someone blamed the Americans for this .. whats next this is a big conspiracy to get Bush re-elected?

If you think terrorism is the only alternative, or answer then why don't you go join them?

Those are some pretty harsh comments, but let me ask you something. Who did you think was responsible? Al Qaeda? If you didn't think so, you are one of the very few that didn't immediately accuse the group - even though it's probably safe to say that no evidence has been found proving that they had anything to do with it - but then again, who needs proof? An entire war was waged against a country accused of links to Al Qaeda, and we both know that those allegations were false :)

403Gemini
03-12-2004, 01:16 AM
i just want it all to stop

fuck it pisses me off especially when it hits innocents :( they cant defend themselves! they arent soldiers! they are women children and men who are going to work or school. fuck terrorism

Super_Geo
03-12-2004, 10:07 AM
But if it makes you feel better keep blaming someone else .. though I am sure it will change when these incidents hit Canada... Calgary ,.,. or someone in your family.

And I'm sure your views would change if it were your family that slowly starved to death because of US lead sanctions, or if a US funded tank or helicopter blew the remains of your family away just so Israel can claim more land, or if you're one of the thousands (and there isn't even a solid number for this, but it was projected upwards in the millions beforehand) of Afghani peole who starved to death because the US lead war on Afghanistan blew away whatever infrastructure they had and made it so food couldn't be distrubuted in a country that's already on the brink of starvation. The funniest thing about the last one is that the Red Cross frantically warned the US against a bombing campaign in Afgahnistan because of this very issue, and they paid no attention.

I'll tell you what, if I were in the same boat... If I had to watch my family go through hell and back while I lived in a UN refugee tent camp for half a decade just so the US could have a proxy power in the Middle East to control the oil... if my family was gone and I knew that nothing that I did could change the atrocities that the US was inflicting upon my people, you better fucking strap a bomb onto my chest and put me on US soil, cause I'm sure there wouldn't be any hesitiation my part.

Personally, I'm thankful to live in a country where people like you and me can be blissfully ignorant of the despicable shit that our neighbor to the south does (and we're not completely innocent in this, but we're definately not as bad as some of the others, like US, Israel, Turkey, etc). Why do they hate us? Because they were born evil people? Because they're jealous? Dude... think about the situation man. I think anyone with an IQ north of 90 would be able to see past the bullshit that the CNN or ABC news will try to feed you, which is straight propaganda. CBC news isn't as bad as American news, BBC World News is actually one of the better ones. I'd recommend having a look at what they have to say.

If you have the time, take a look at this lecture.

Video:
http://helix.media.mit.edu/ramgen/public/chomsky/chomsky.rm?start=00:00:20&title=Noam_Chomsky:Mideast_Crises

Page:
http://web.media.mit.edu/~nitin/mideast/chomsky.html

Weapon_R
03-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Why do they hate us? Because they were born evil people? Because they're jealous?

It's neither. "They hate us because we are free" - President Bush.

I dunno, I was always under the impression that they wanted the same freedom that we enjoy here. But what do they know?

ehos
03-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Noam Chomsky should be required reading in school.

In America... :)

Mckenzie
03-12-2004, 11:09 AM
I agree with the comments about "what caused them to do it", but I dont agree with their method of dispute resolution. Attacking a subway station full of innocent people says nothing about their cause, or what has pissed them off.

If whoever did it is NOT al-queda and they were pissed off about something in Spain, bomb the fucking government, not the innocent people going to work. just like those chicken shit cowards in Japan a while back that attacked those people in the Subway station with gas.....WTF does that prove?

There is nothing wrong with sticking up for your cause or fighting for your people, but ask yourself what killing 200 innocent people does for your cause and how it helps you reach the 'ends'? :dunno:

itsalebaron
03-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
If whoever did it is NOT al-queda and they were pissed off about something in Spain, bomb the fucking government, not the innocent people going to work. just like those chicken shit cowards in Japan a while back that attacked those people in the Subway station with gas.....WTF does that prove?

There is nothing wrong with sticking up for your cause or fighting for your people, but ask yourself what killing 200 innocent people does for your cause and how it helps you reach the 'ends'? :dunno:

That was the point I was trying to get across.. I don't think any actions taken by the US or anyone else call for acts like this. If they had a problems with Spains gov't then fine go after them. How many times have we voted someone into leadership and seen them do a complete 180 and screw us over. It's not the publics fault, they are pretty helpless, and they do not deserve to be delt with this way. Do you honestly think strapping a bomb to your chest is a viable solution to the problem? People just need to start taking responsibility for their actions and not used the "blame it all on my mother" excuses of their terrible pasts. If people made a conscious descion to find a good outlet to work through these problems I think a lot more would get resolved.

Heres a question, would you guys rather have Al Qaeda running the most powerful country in the world bordering us?

rice_eater
03-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
I agree with the comments about "what caused them to do it", but I dont agree with their method of dispute resolution. Attacking a subway station full of innocent people says nothing about their cause, or what has pissed them off.

if you were against sending troops to begin with and now your own country is at danger wouldn't that make you pressure your government even more to pull out? Wouldn't that also turn more people on your side?

el_fefes
03-12-2004, 03:35 PM

Do you honestly think strapping a bomb to your chest is a viable solution to the problem? People just need to start taking responsibility for their actions and not used the "blame it all on my mother" excuses of their terrible pasts.

I agree, strapping a bomb to your chest, and blowing yourself up while killing many innocent people is not the solution, and I think it accomplishes very little. The only thing it accomplishes is further hatred between the two parties. And what happened in Spain, unfortunately, will only fuel anti-muslim sentiments...so a few "bad seeds" will make a bad name for the whole muslim community. It's sad but that's just the way it is.

In short, if someone is trying to make a point against a government, they should not go against innocent civilians because that will accomplish nothing.
:drama:

sputnik
03-12-2004, 03:58 PM

Or possibly unjust persecution?

Right, the people of Madrid have been killing Islamic people for years!

:nut: :nut: :nut: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

B17a
03-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by el_fefes

I And what happened in Spain, unfortunately, will only fuel anti-muslim sentiments...so a few "bad seeds" will make a bad name for the whole muslim community. It's sad but that's just the way it is.

Maybe its just me or maybe its just a media bias, but all I ever see or read about in the news is fanatical muslim groups promising death to Westerners in the name of Allah. What I never hear or read about is moderate Arabs denouncing these attacks and standing up and saying "no, Islam does not justify violence". Why is that?:dunno:

Weapon_R
03-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Right, the people of Madrid have been killing Islamic people for years!

:nut: :nut: :nut: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you read my comments, they weren't even in regards to the Spanish people.

Maybe its just me or maybe its just a media bias, but all I ever see or read about in the news is fanatical muslim groups promising death to Westerners in the name of Allah. What I never hear or read about is moderate Arabs denouncing these attacks and standing up and saying "no, Islam does not justify violence". Why is that?:dunno:

Hmm, come to think of it, i've never heard any of the leaders of all of the Caribbean countries denounce terrorism either. Why is that? They're not muslim? Oh right, all Arabs are muslim...silly me!

B17a
03-12-2004, 05:11 PM

Hmm, come to think of it, i've never heard any of the leaders of all of the Caribbean countries denounce terrorism either. Why is that? They're not muslim? Oh right, all Arabs are muslim...silly me!

Sorry, you know what I meant though. It just seems that Muslim countries are portrayed by the media well when they decry Western foreign affairs (read: scream for blood) but go silent on denouncing religious zealots.