PDA

View Full Version : gururacing chip upgrade for 944

firetane
03-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Hey guys

I recently posted about getting a boost kit for my 1988 944 turbo, and was told to check out Gururacing.net ....
Given that my car is stock atm, i am looking at getting the boost maximiser kit ...but i am just curious as to exactly what this will give me...is it just simply a new chip to put into my car? or are there other parts that will need to be installed.

I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but initally my car was overboosting in 4th/5th gears, and when i took it to the mechanic he took out a hose with a metal part on the end of it, which was connected to my turbo( ihave a pic of it if) . Would i need to reinstal this hose if i bought the boost maxmiser kit, or does the kit come with a new hose to use??

ANyways i emailed danno at gururacing to see if the kit was compatible with aussie compliance 944's and he told me he has sold several kits to australian owners of 944s without any problems =)

thx in advance for any advice guys... =)

JustinL
03-11-2004, 03:26 PM
The guru chip upgrade kit comes with a Manual boost controller, DME and KLR chips, 3bar FPR.

What you need to do once you get all the stuff is run a hose from your banjo bolt on the hot intercooler pipe to the reliaboost boost controller and then to the wastegate. Chips go into the DME and KLR under the passenger floor board. 3bar FPR plugs into the back of your fuel rail. Voila! Get yourself a good boost guage so you know how much boost you are actually running and set it to match whatever chip you get from Danno.

You can use pretty much any hose that won't blow up under boost to run to your wastegate. That's all you need to buy to get your kit working properly.

Here is a pic of how I ran my reliaboost. It's the little brass piece sitting on my fuel rail.

HTH
Justin