PDA

View Full Version : go kart

bighead411
03-11-2004, 03:56 PM
since the airport go kart is closed. is anyone have any idea where have out door go kart(not like the one a macleod for the kids). also, i'm wondering race city besides those automobile. have they plan to do anything like go kart track day. i think that will be interest. if they really going to organize one. i'll consider to purchase a go kart myself to start with. since i dont' really wanna take my own car to race down in the track......anyone have suggestion. help will be appreciate.

speedracer
03-11-2004, 04:31 PM
http://www.ckrc.com/links.asp
And also
http://www.kartcalgary.com/

bighead411
03-11-2004, 04:53 PM
speedracer. thx for the info. just wondering is anyone here is one of the member? any qualification to join the club. i'm a very junior person for go-kart.....thx

Roaring G60
03-11-2004, 05:15 PM
I'm i member with teh calgary kart club

bighead411
03-11-2004, 05:24 PM
wow.........cool. i've try to search this kinda club years. my kart blood is start pumping again....what's the qualification to join the club. can u give me further info pls.......thousands of thank you

bighead411
03-11-2004, 06:07 PM
yea. i'm wonder just how they run the club like are they charge fee for every year and charge every race just like sport car club in race city or it's different style. personally, i think it's really fun and less cost compare to real car.......

Moonracer
03-11-2004, 06:09 PM
Nice to see you're into kart racing! My bro and his two boys are all members of the CKRC and they have a blast racing. I go occationally and hang out and help out once in awhile too, but mostly I'm shooting pics. The links posted are a good place to start so just contact them and they'll hook you up with any info that's not on the site already.
I would be racing karts too if I could afford it but I have a ton of other things on the go right now. Anyway goodluck and maybe I'll see you out there sometime. :D

Here's a link to some pics I have taken out there for ya just for fun.
kart pics (http://www.supercars.net/garages/Moonracer/159v2.html)

bighead411
03-11-2004, 06:19 PM
thx dude.....can u PM your contact number. so i can talk to u in phone or in person.....i really wanna get further detail. like price and build or buy a used kart.........thx

Moonracer
03-11-2004, 06:35 PM
I probly won't be able to answer all you questions cause I'm not into it like my bro is so I'll post some links for you if you haven't already checked them out. There is contact info on the site so you could email them and whatnot.
THE SPORT OF KART RACING (http://www.ckrc.com/Goracing.asp)
Classes (http://www.ckrc.com/Classes.asp)

Email contact: [email protected]

bighead411
03-11-2004, 06:43 PM
thx so much

bighead411
03-12-2004, 12:38 AM
is anyone have idea how to choose parts for kart?

Roaring G60
03-12-2004, 01:05 AM
well seeings how I've been karting for 14 years now, I've raced at every level, and last summer i worked at Guyons in the karting department, so i have a little knowledge. First please do not try to build a kart (for racing) it will not pass tech. There are lots of used karts out there, it really depends on your mechanical ablities, your skill as a driver, your fearlessness, and your budget.

First off the Calgary Kart club has it's own track (for members, by members) at the south end off race city. It hosted the national championships in '02. Membership in the club is $100/ year and entry fee for the races is $70. And a test/tune session (non-competive) is $40 per day/per kart or a annual track pass.

To start you will start at the back of whatever class you enter regardless of speed. The most popular class in the calgary club right now is Rotax Max, (which is a 2-stroke 125cc water cooled, single speed, electric start motor 28hp) Or a great beginners class is the new World Formula 4-stroke (15 HP). This is a good class because carburator is not as sensive as with a 2-cycle and tends to better develope driving skills. However the Calgary club is now able to have people drive a shifter kart (40-50 HP) without previous experiance, as long as they take the required course.

bighead411
03-12-2004, 10:12 AM
oh...........thank you so much for the info G60...........it's very helpful info. so the kart u selling is not gonna fit my plan as a beginner??

Roaring G60
03-12-2004, 11:07 AM
It can, it really depends on what exactly you want to do! I have seen people jump right into shifter karts and do extremly well and i have seen the reverse!!

Ripper
03-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Roaring G60
well seeings how I've been karting for 14 years now, I've raced at every level, and last summer i worked at Guyons in the karting department, so i have a little knowledge. First please do not try to build a kart (for racing) it will not pass tech. There are lots of used karts out there, it really depends on your mechanical ablities, your skill as a driver, your fearlessness, and your budget.

First off the Calgary Kart club has it's own track (for members, by members) at the south end off race city. It hosted the national championships in '02. Membership in the club is $100/ year and entry fee for the races is $70. And a test/tune session (non-competive) is $40 per day/per kart or a annual track pass.

To start you will start at the back of whatever class you enter regardless of speed. The most popular class in the calgary club right now is Rotax Max, (which is a 2-stroke 125cc water cooled, single speed, electric start motor 28hp) Or a great beginners class is the new World Formula 4-stroke (15 HP). This is a good class because carburator is not as sensive as with a 2-cycle and tends to better develope driving skills. However the Calgary club is now able to have people drive a shifter kart (40-50 HP) without previous experiance, as long as they take the required course.

Jorg? ;)

Anyways I'm in CKRC too. PM if you want I have a couple karts in various classes for sale. :D

bighead411
03-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Jor and Ripper. can u e-mail me or Pm for your next race. i wanna drop by to see what it looks like....b'coz i really know nothing about it......thank you