PDA

View Full Version : bedsheets that retain heat

Seks
07-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Have a Coleman airbed set up in the basement. Bought a $20 300 count thread Mainstays brand bedsheet from WM and slapped it on the airbed.

The 2-3 days last week when we had hot weather, I retreated down to the basement to sleep. I found that the bedsheet couldn't retain any heat and my back was cold and I kept waking up.

Had to put a blanket (flanel) on top of the bedsheet for me to lay on and that worked.

Any suggestions for better bedsheet that retain heat?

Darell_n
07-07-2015, 11:31 PM
Airbeds have zero heat retention. Sleep on a proper sleeping pad with your same sheets and you will be nice and warm.

jwslam
07-08-2015, 07:34 AM
Try a thin foam topper, there's no way to retain heat with direct contact to an air mattress unless your sheets are an inch thick...
On another note, I've had this new tendency to sleep on my side with a pillow under my head, one to hug, one at the crotch, and one on my back :rofl:

Mitsu3000gt
07-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by jwslam
On another note, I've had this new tendency to sleep on my side with a pillow under my head, one to hug, one at the crotch, and one on my back :rofl:

I do the same thing, the pillow nest is the way to go :rofl: I sleep like a baby. Pillow between the knees (good for your back apparently), pillow under my arm, shredded latex pillow under my head, and sometimes pillows on the other side of me as well.

To the OP: it's your air mattress not your sheet losing the heat. Grab a camping pad or something and you'll be good to go.