PDA

View Full Version : Downtown monthly parking prices

killramos
07-16-2015, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

i would of at least tried to negotiate a parking stall before a flat out refusal :rofl:

:werd:

The vacancies are actually pretty high right now a parking stall wouldn't even be hard to get. Companies are probably literally sitting on them.

Corporate parking was in my negotiation plan for this years performance review. Until you know, oil tanked :rofl:

ExtraSlow
07-16-2015, 03:44 PM
Centennial parkade was running a special on monthly parking recently. I don't think I've seen that before.
I'm also getting to park consistently one floor lower than I did in January, and I'm not getting to work any earlier.

killramos
07-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Imparks lots are all peppered with signs and cheap monthly parking specials lately. In some cases 100 bucks a month cheaper than same time last year.

Times a changin'!

flipstah
07-16-2015, 04:18 PM
Vinci lowered their rates at The Bow.

eblend
07-16-2015, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

i would of at least tried to negotiate a parking stall before a flat out refusal :rofl:

Problem is, even if i had a spot downtown, I wouldn't drive. I have massive road rage and sitting in downtown traffic would simply drive me insane haha. Right now its a quick 12 min drive to my work, and pretty much no traffic.

schocker
07-16-2015, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by killramos
Imparks lots are all peppered with signs and cheap monthly parking specials lately. In some cases 100 bucks a month cheaper than same time last year.

Times a changin'!
Mcdougal has more and more spots every morning when I walk past. Doesn't help with the quarterly CPA lot price increases :rofl:

Driving is still GOAT. I was golfing today though so no gloating here :D

lasimmon
07-16-2015, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Centennial parkade was running a special on monthly parking recently. I don't think I've seen that before.
I'm also getting to park consistently one floor lower than I did in January, and I'm not getting to work any earlier.

You mean the early bird special of $25 before 8:00 am... Only on Fridays? :rofl:

Damn now I see you said monthly parking.

ExtraSlow
07-17-2015, 07:18 AM
Yes, I said monthly. Beyond's budget-ballers need to park five days a week, yo.

Aleks
07-17-2015, 08:01 AM
$300/month in Bow Parkade rooftop special (Across from the Bay) is pretty decent for monthly that central downtown.

Xtrema
07-17-2015, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
$300/month in Bow Parkade rooftop special (Across from the Bay) is pretty decent for monthly that central downtown.

Is it because of construction of Brookfield tower next door?

Aleks
07-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Is it because of construction of Brookfield tower next door?

It's a summer special they run every year. Covered levels are $360/month, so it's 60 less to park up top.

Sugarphreak
07-17-2015, 09:53 AM

dezmarez
07-17-2015, 11:27 AM
I have a spot just off of 5th Ave and 8th Street SW.
$225/month through WestPark, covered lot.
Not bad at all.

schocker
07-17-2015, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I've been on the waiting list for McDougall now for 7 or 8 years, getting monthly parking there is impossible, lol.

It has been 23$ a day for as long as I can remember though, has that changed in the last 6 months?
A coworker has been on it for 4 years and is within a few hundred lol. It is $24 now but I think monthly has gone up. Surface lot I park at has gone up a few times now, like every 6 months.

jwslam
07-18-2015, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by dezmarez
I have a spot just off of 5th Ave and 8th Street SW.
$225/month through WestPark, covered lot.
Not bad at all.
That probably makes a lot more sense if you work off the train line. It probably takes 15min on the way out to get from 1 St SW to 8th St SW

codetrap
07-20-2015, 08:50 AM

killramos
07-20-2015, 08:54 AM
One of the managers ( not even my department ) gave me his building parking pass for a month while hes on Vacation :bigpimp: .

Saving me like 500 bucks, needless to say he is getting a nice bottle of scotch on his desk when he gets back.

JustinMCS
07-20-2015, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

It's a summer special they run every year. Covered levels are $360/month, so it's 60 less to park up top.

It's going to be demolished soon for Brookfield Place's second tower, so enjoy it while it lasts.

riander5
07-20-2015, 09:25 AM
Walking to work - priceless

hampstor
07-20-2015, 07:13 PM
Fucking hell, I received a notice that my parking is going up by $10/month. It's still probably the cheapest downtown parking at a surface lot though at $190.

avishal26
07-21-2015, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by hampstor
Fucking hell, I received a notice that my parking is going up by $10/month. It's still probably the cheapest downtown parking at a surface lot though at $190.

Where do you park? :D

hampstor
07-21-2015, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by avishal26

Where do you park? :D

Calgary Parking lot in east village - it's 1 block east of the city hall/bow valley train station. Since it's on the edge of downtown, it is easy to get in/out of the downtown core during rush hour. While I haven't had an issues (been parking there for about a year and a half now), it's ~3 blocks south from the drop in centre.

JfuckinC
07-21-2015, 12:42 PM
Fack mine is $346/month in the beltline, uncovered behind my building, because the parking lots around my building are like $450 a month! and there isn't much parking around here..

:cry:

Xtrema
07-21-2015, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by hampstor

Calgary Parking lot in east village - it's 1 block east of the city hall/bow valley train station. Since it's on the edge of downtown, it is easy to get in/out of the downtown core during rush hour. While I haven't had an issues (been parking there for about a year and a half now), it's ~3 blocks south from the drop in centre.

They tore down the lot for new library construction. Reduce supply I guess.

Nufy
07-27-2015, 11:39 AM
Bump...

Looking for monthly parking for a full size p/u truck near Telus tower.

This will be my first time working full time downtown (I have lived here 20 Years) so I do not know about parking at all...

Thanks.

killramos
07-27-2015, 11:43 AM
^ James short is 27 a day nearby there heated indoor, where I generally park. Good sized spaces so you CAN fit your truck in there.

I would recommend looking into a small beater to use for commuting over the truck but to each his own.

Aside from that: http://en.parkopedia.ca/

JustinMCS
07-27-2015, 12:09 PM
If you don't have a monthly pass at James Short or any parkade for that matter, have fun getting in during winter. They close em up early to allow enough space for their monthly parking!

Xtrema
07-27-2015, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Nufy
Bump...

Looking for monthly parking for a full size p/u truck near Telus tower.

This will be my first time working full time downtown (I have lived here 20 Years) so I do not know about parking at all...

Thanks.

http://cheapparkingcalgary.com/surface-parking/360-414-centre-street-se/

I have no experience with this lot but it seems fair for the price and location. Lot is next to Telus tower and is a surface lot so you don't have to worry about height of trucks.

Nufy
07-27-2015, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

http://cheapparkingcalgary.com/surface-parking/360-414-centre-street-se/

I have no experience with this lot but it seems fair for the price and location. Lot is next to Telus tower and is a surface lot so you don't have to worry about height of trucks.

I usually park in that lot.

It does work well for my truck and is usually fairly empty around 8-8:30

Thanks for the link.

R-Audi
07-27-2015, 04:20 PM
Just to touch on a few things...

Only the City owned parkades will really drop thier rates in the downturn, as most landlords have the parking requirements built into their Leases... that is typically companies dont have the ability to turn unused stalls back into the Landlord, they pay for them whether they are used or not.

If anyone wants a list of what most buildings charge, check out Page 11+ on the link below.

http://www.cresa.com/webfiles/Calgary/Q2_2015_Cresa_Calgary_Point_of_View_Appendix.pdf

JustinMCS
07-27-2015, 05:50 PM
James Short has monthly parking available. Very rare. I bet a lot of oil and gas companies around there gave up their monthly parking stalls when they let go a lot of employees. I have been waiting on McDougal for 5 years for comparison.

killramos
07-27-2015, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by JustinMCS
James Short has monthly parking available. Very rare. I bet a lot of oil and gas companies around there gave up their monthly parking stalls when they let go a lot of employees. I have been waiting on McDougal for 5 years for comparison.

Do you know what the rates are for monthly at james short?

JustinMCS
07-27-2015, 07:31 PM

Do you know what the rates are for monthly at james short?

Online it says 495 + GST = 519.75

all their parkade rates are here

https://www.calgaryparking.com/c/document_library/get_file?folderId=1099191&name=DLFE-24208.pdf

killramos
07-27-2015, 08:31 PM

Online it says 495 + GST = 519.75

all their parkade rates are here

https://www.calgaryparking.com/c/document_library/get_file?folderId=1099191&name=DLFE-24208.pdf

Ok so it hasn't changed. The way I read your post it sounded like something new.

I Don't work Friday's and with field trips, lab trips etc paying daily tends to be cheaper. Was hoping for a more significant discount on the daily rate. Oh well.

JustinMCS
07-27-2015, 10:17 PM
At least it's guaranteed in the winter months! Hard to get parking in the winter in a warm parkade without getting there SUPER early (before 7am) or having a monthly pass

killramos
07-28-2015, 07:12 AM
At least it's guaranteed in the winter months! Hard to get parking in the winter in a warm parkade without getting there SUPER early (before 7am) or having a monthly pass

I start work at 6:30 so obviously have never had a problem. From what i remember CPA doesn't guarantee you a spot as a monthly parker anyways. I have come in later ( 9-10 ) and never noticed barriers etc at the entrance?

ExtraSlow
07-28-2015, 08:36 AM
Technically, there is no guarantee you'll get a spot as a monthly parker in the CPA parkades. But during the really cold weather when every asshole drives instead of waiting for the bus, they put the arms down at the entrance so only monthly parkers can enter for the peak few hours of the morning rush.

Keeps the daily parking jerks like kilramos out. :poosie:

JustinMCS
07-28-2015, 08:57 AM

I start work at 6:30 so obviously have never had a problem. From what i remember CPA doesn't guarantee you a spot as a monthly parker anyways. I have come in later ( 9-10 ) and never noticed barriers etc at the entrance?

Barriers are always down in the winter by 7-730 on cold days. They do it to ensure they have enough room for their monthly parkers. Yes monthly parkers are guaranteed. Otherwise it would fill with people who are too cold to stand and take transit, so they drive in. in the summer its never an issue, people are ok with transit.

killramos
07-28-2015, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Keeps the daily parking jerks like kilramos out. :poosie:

Gotto budget ball to afford to keep parking downtown :rofl:

:bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

GOnSHO
07-28-2015, 09:54 AM
i Pay $240/yr for my motorcycle spot in my building, not bad considering ive been riding since Feb, will go until sept/oct if i can :) During winter i just Transit.

bigbadboss101
07-28-2015, 10:19 AM
I used to park at James Shortly on at daly rate. I get there shortly after 6am so lot of spots. Some spots are bigger than others. Then I was on the waiting list for monthly. After I found parking somewhere else they emailed me on availability of monthly spot twice.

I am not at the Bow, Encana. Their rate dropped. I get there early and the regular parking spots are wider than most of the reserved ones. $48x.xx for non reserved monthly.