PDA

View Full Version : Diy Pdr?

shakalaka
07-19-2015, 02:09 AM
Has anyone tried one of those DIY PDR kits and do they work? I have some very minor dents that are spread out on the hood of my car. They are so minor that they are only visible under certain lighting. I am not sure if those DIY kits are any good or if they work. If you have tried them and recommend them which one exactly should I get and from where?

Thanks!

jdmXSI
07-19-2015, 08:17 AM
I tried a glue puller set off amazon. My dyi was on a vehicles that was damaged in a hail storm. It made it look a lot better but takes a lot of time. I don't mind lending you the kit for a week or 2. Just send me a pm.

Kinda like this minus the light: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0100N3FEO/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr1_2?qid=1437324568&sr=8-2-fkmr1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=Glue+puller+pdr+kit

AllGoNoShow
07-19-2015, 11:07 AM
Keep in mind, if you don't get it right, you've just made it worse for a real PDR guy to fix, sometimes it's easier to just let the man to his job ;)

You in Calgary shak or Edmonton?

shakalaka
07-29-2015, 11:34 AM
Totally missed the replies in this thread. I am in Edmonton mostly but in Calgary on some weekends. I am just toying with the DIY idea because they are extremely minor dents on the hood of the car, which I am not sure if a PDR person would entertain and if os how much they'd charge. I don't even know if they are fixable as they are not visible very easily. Only under certain lighting and angle when you move your head across the body of the car you saw that light reflecting from the little dent.

More than that the hassle of taking in the car and all that involves a lot of time commitment. I wouldn't mind taking it under that special light that some PDR shops have that can easily detect all little dents so I know exactly what we are dealing with and then perhaps getting them to actually do it too.

Any recommendations of places in Edmonton? Or Calgary that are open Saturdays? Thanks guys!