PDA

View Full Version : Ferry Corsten: Right of Way Tour

DJ Lazy
03-11-2004, 09:38 PM
March, Wed 17th, at the Whiskey Nightclub.
Ferry Corsten and Lisa Lashes will be Stopping in Calgary as part of a promotion tour for Ferry Corstens new CD, "Right of Way"
Tickets are available at All Underground Clothing Locations, Phonics, Giant 45.

Dave P
03-11-2004, 09:47 PM
This should be bumping. I bought the new cd and its awsome in my opinion.

Cant wait

hjr
03-11-2004, 11:21 PM
haha LOSERS!!! haha, us folks in edmonton get a special appearance by Kid vicious!!!

SI-vic
03-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by hjr
haha LOSERS!!! haha, us folks in edmonton get a special appearance by Kid vicious!!!

actually Kid Vicious was added on late. so he WILL be in Calgary from my understanding alongside Lisa Lashes and Ferry.

The real losers would be you guys,
do you get Anne Savage?
do you get Tomcraft?
do you get Johan Gielen?
do you get John '00' Flemming?
all in the next 1-2months?

hahahaha I guess Calgary are the real winners.

hjr
03-12-2004, 12:14 AM
oooooooooo

haha. i need to get on trance addict more often.

Def_3
03-12-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by SI-vic

actually Kid Vicious was added on late. so he WILL be in Calgary from my understanding alongside Lisa Lashes and Ferry.

do you get Anne Savage?
do you get Tomcraft?
do you get Johan Gielen?

hahahaha I guess Calgary are the real winners.

whens tomcraft coming?????????????????? gonna be a SICK show

Dave P
03-12-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Def_3

wow, fuckin rights

whats the date. anyone?

DJ Lazy
03-12-2004, 12:23 AM
Kid Vicious will be openign up the nite, Ferry will be spinning from 11-1am, and then Lisa will close out the nite.. (with a break beat set is what some rumors are, I still have to confirm this)...

here is a quick run down of things to come in the next few months.

03.12.2004 - Anne Savage @ The Warehouse
03.17.2004 - Ferry Corsten, Lisa Lashes and Kid Vicious @ The Whiskey
03.19.2004 - Donald Glaude and Charles Feelgood @ The Warehouse
03.20.2004 - Johnny Fiasco @ Manhattens
04.02.2004 - Moda and Mistress Barbara @ The Warehouse
04.09.2004 - Roger Sanchez @ Tantra
04.09.2004 - Tomcraft @ The Warehouse
04.23.2004 - Uberzone Live PA @ The Warehouse
04.25.2004 - John '00' Fleming @ ???? (T.B.A.)
05.01.2004 - Connected V7 (Dave Lea, Olav Basoski and More) @ The Sun Centre
05.09.2004 - Way Out West Live PA and DJ Set @ The Whiskey

SI-vic
03-12-2004, 12:26 AM

Originally posted by Dave P

wow, fuckin rights

whats the date. anyone?

Tomcraft is coming on April 9.
Downside = its at The Warehouse.

Originally posted by DJ Lazy
Kid Vicious will be openign up the nite, Ferry will be spinning from 11-1am, and then Lisa will close out the nite.. (with a break beat set is what some rumors are, I still have to confirm this)...

Yes I've heard the same thing.... supposedly Lisa Lashes loves to spin breaks.
I dont know how great she is with her breaks but.... it's a change from her usual style.

DJ Lazy
03-12-2004, 12:31 AM
I am still waiting for some word of CONFORMATION about Johan Gielen tho... I SOOOOO hope he comes to Calgary.... :thumbsup:

DJ Lazy
03-12-2004, 12:43 AM
flyer 2

Dave P
03-12-2004, 12:45 AM

Downside = its at The Warehouse.

More like the Where else

but good to see calgary getting some good djs

SI-vic
03-12-2004, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Dave P

More like the Where else

but good to see calgary getting some good djs

oh for sure
and things are gonna get better
rumour has it that 1 of the following are coming for in a few months

rank 1 (i hope its them)
Blank and Jones
or
cosmic gate (heard them twice, they're good but id like to hear new dj's)

GTS Jeff
03-12-2004, 05:15 PM

do you get Anne Savage?
do you get Tomcraft?
do you get Johan Gielen?

hahahaha I guess Calgary are the real winners. they all suck except for johan gielen...and johan gielen is a total fag during live performances haha

GTS Jeff
03-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Kid Vicious will be openign up the nite, Ferry will be spinning from 11-1am, and then Lisa will close out the nite.. heh, the schedule is like that here in edmonton too. ill be there from 11-1, no earlier, no later!

hyperwhite
03-12-2004, 05:33 PM
i know ferry corsten will be in toronto tommorrow night, but does anyone know if tomcraft or Johan Gielen will be coming my way?

DJ Lazy
03-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
they all suck except for johan gielen...and johan gielen is a total fag during live performances haha

Ummm John 00' Fleming isn't crap...

DJ Lazy
03-12-2004, 08:19 PM
heh, the schedule is like that here in edmonton too. ill be there from 11-1, no earlier, no later!

Why not stay for Lisa? she is suppose to be spinning a breaks set here in calgary... should be a nice change...

Def_3
03-12-2004, 08:55 PM
they all suck except for johan gielen...and johan gielen is a total fag during live performances haha

:dunno: why do people have such BAD taste?

Def_3
03-12-2004, 08:56 PM

Why not stay for Lisa? she is suppose to be spinning a breaks set here in calgary... should be a nice change...

I think she should stick to HARDHOUSE, this is a hardhouse city, and her sets are always adrenaline pumped

DJ Lazy
03-12-2004, 11:04 PM

Johan is bad taste?? Man Johan is a fuckin amazing DJ and producer... I love his stuff... And from all the videos I have seen of him from events he throws down amazing high energy shows.. Jeff is right about him looking like a fag during sets tho... :rofl:

I think she should stick to HARDHOUSE, this is a hardhouse city, and her sets are always adrenaline pumped

Actually her set has been changed... she will be doing a Hardhouse set... which is fine by me... Its gonna be a sick show no matter what...

Def_3
03-13-2004, 12:41 AM

Johan is bad taste?? Man Johan is a fuckin amazing DJ and producer... I love his stuff... And from all the videos I have seen of him from events he throws down amazing high energy shows.. Jeff is right about him looking like a fag during sets tho... :rofl:

Actually her set has been changed... she will be doing a Hardhouse set... which is fine by me... Its gonna be a sick show no matter what...

NO, Johan is not bad taste, I was refering to him saying they ALL suck

hyperwhite
03-13-2004, 01:28 PM
who cares if he looks like a fag, he makes good music. tiesto looks like an even bigger fag and he puts out even better music!

DJ Lazy
03-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
who cares if he looks like a fag, he makes good music. tiesto looks like an even bigger fag and he puts out even better music!

I wouldn't say that its better... not by a long shot... Search Kazaa for Airscape, Johan, Svenson and Gielen.... Their stuff is just as good, if not better than Tiesto...

hyperwhite
03-13-2004, 01:58 PM
i'm not saying that johan sucks, i just like tiesto a bit better

DJ Lazy
03-13-2004, 02:09 PM
i'm not saying that johan sucks, i just like tiesto a bit better

For some reason, everyone likes Tiesto better... :thumbsdow

Toms-Celica
03-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Can't make it to Ferry due to an exam
Think Im going to hit TomCraft up, should be a good night for a party!

From one TranceAddict to another, go buy Tiesto In Concert DVD through amazon.ca you'll love it, a 3 hour set with Dolby surroundsound with all footage from many camera angels. It really shows why Tiesto is number one.

Wow, I thought it was only DJ Lazy and I that were trance heads, this is cool we should all meet up this summer at the 403 meet.

hyperwhite
03-13-2004, 02:23 PM
i'll have to look into that dvd. as for meeting up, i'd love to but i live 3532 km away according to RAND McNALLY. haha, oh well

hyperwhite
03-13-2004, 03:22 PM
does anyone else here get BPM tv with either rogers digital or bell expressview?

GTS Jeff
03-13-2004, 09:08 PM

Ummm John 00' Fleming isn't crap...

ive never been that impressed. he plays the same tracks as everyone else, but doesnt do anything particularly cool when hes mixing.

im not a big fan of hardhouse.

why do people think they have the right to tell someone else whats good or not even when the topic at hand is totally subjective?

(yea, thats right, ure a tool. learn to respect other peoples opinions.)

im not talking about looks. gielen prances around all over like a japanese talk show host. ive never seen tiesto do that. tiesto is the opposite, he usually just spins his set with no emotion and then ditches right after.

Toms-Celica
03-14-2004, 02:14 AM
Well, atleast we aren't listening to RAP.

DJ Lazy
03-14-2004, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica

bwahahahahaahahaa:rofl: :rofl:

:werd:

hyperwhite
03-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica

glad i'm not the only one who thinks this way

Def_3
03-14-2004, 05:39 PM

ive never been that impressed. he plays the same tracks as everyone else, but doesnt do anything particularly cool when hes mixing.

im not a big fan of hardhouse.

why do people think they have the right to tell someone else whats good or not even when the topic at hand is totally subjective?

(yea, thats right, ure a tool. learn to respect other peoples opinions.)

im not talking about looks. gielen prances around all over like a japanese talk show host. ive never seen tiesto do that. tiesto is the opposite, he usually just spins his set with no emotion and then ditches right after.

ahhh I'm sorry dude :( I didn't mean to offend you or hurt your feelings, I guess that was pretty toolish of me huh? anyways, your right the topic is subjective, and all I was tryin to do was get my point across....sorry again buddy ;) no hard feelings:thumbsup:

Def_3
03-14-2004, 05:42 PM
and on the whole tiesto topic, I'm personally more of the harder generation, but I think the reason he is so well known and highly ranked is purely based on his skills. I saw him a few times, the best technical set I've seen was him at Magik, in dec of 2002. He spun on 3 decks constantly running two channels, I am not a huge fan of his style, but I gotta bow down to is skill.

SI-vic
03-14-2004, 08:37 PM
I still believe PVD deserves the crown of Top DJ.
I'm not a fan of Tiesto at all.....

DJ Lazy
03-14-2004, 08:42 PM
ok. i may have started this lil thread jacking in MY own thread... but lets get back on topic... :D Anyone up for a beyond.ca meet up at Ferry?? All have some shots or something together? just an idea... :thumbsup:

SI-vic
03-14-2004, 09:08 PM
If I didnt have a Midterm AND project due on Friday then i'd definitly be going to Ferry on Wed.
Tough luck for me though... for anyone going, have fun.

Lazy and other beyond members....
next good event we'll have to have a meet and I'll be there!

Dave P
03-14-2004, 09:31 PM
ok. i may have started this lil thread jacking in MY own thread... but lets get back on topic... :D Anyone up for a beyond.ca meet up at Ferry?? All have some shots or something together? just an idea... :thumbsup:

Im down for shooter oclock

GTS Jeff
03-14-2004, 11:43 PM

ahhh I'm sorry dude :( I didn't mean to offend you or hurt your feelings, I guess that was pretty toolish of me huh? anyways, your right the topic is subjective, and all I was tryin to do was get my point across....sorry again buddy ;) no hard feelings:thumbsup: word :thumbsup: haha i feel bad now :(

Def_3
03-15-2004, 11:09 AM
Anyways, wondering if there are any true Lisa Lashes fans here??? I have a bunch of vinyl for sale, as you guys may have seen, and in that collection I have a limited edition Tidy Girls EP - Lisa Lashes "looking good" & Rachel Auburn "Screwdriver", signed by Lisa Lashes personally, also keep in mind, I have never come across anyone with this record, or is it available here in Canada. Well, i did my sales pitch, anyone interested.....let me know.

DJ Lazy
03-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Anyways, wondering if there are any true Lisa Lashes fans here??? I have a bunch of vinyl for sale, as you guys may have seen, and in that collection I have a limited edition Tidy Girls EP - Lisa Lashes "looking good" & Rachel Auburn "Screwdriver", signed by Lisa Lashes personally, also keep in mind, I have never come across anyone with this record, or is it available here in Canada. Well, i did my sales pitch, anyone interested.....let me know.

Hmmmm how did I miss that one?... :confused: :thumbsup: oh well.. :)

Dave P
03-18-2004, 07:46 AM
What a fuckin show.

Was awsome

DJ Lazy
03-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Ferry's set lastnite, was better than sex.... :thumbsup: :D

So amazing.... I coulda listened to him for another 3-4 hours..

hyperwhite
03-18-2004, 10:58 AM
wish i was there :drool:

Def_3
03-19-2004, 11:23 AM
^^^:werd: how was lisas set?

Gondi Stylez
03-19-2004, 12:34 PM
ye how was it?? couldnt make this one.. had a HUGE bio prject due!!

also for the next ones we should all meet up for sure! that will be fun!

DJ Lazy
03-19-2004, 12:56 PM
^^^:werd: how was lisas set?

Pretty normal for her... didn't really stick around to listen to it...

hjr
03-19-2004, 02:01 PM
AWWWW SHHEEEEIIIIITTTT

went to the set last night in edmonton. The best show i have scene. i stuck around for about 20mins of lashes set, but then i got bored of it.

redbaron303
03-19-2004, 02:36 PM
saw the show in etown last night... killer :)

Dave P
03-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by hjr
The best show i have scene. i stuck around for about 20mins of lashes set, but then i bored of it.

I agree, After two hours of corsten, lashes had big shoes to fill, and she just didnt do it for me.

Any one have any pics? I can post mine tommorw when i get them back

Gondi Stylez
03-20-2004, 03:38 AM
can u DL the set live?!?! hmmmmmmmm.....

josh u know anything?!

DJ Lazy
03-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
can u DL the set live?!?! hmmmmmmmm.....

josh u know anything?!

I highly doubt it... I have yet to see a live set that was played in Calgary by a big DJ recorded and posted anywhere... :thumbsdow

sti_power
03-23-2004, 07:40 PM
sweet
:confused:

Dave P
03-24-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by sti_power
sweet
:confused:

dont post anymore newbie,

actually all your buddies are hanging out in the photo shop part of this site. go join them