PDA

View Full Version : Machias Seal Island

ZenOps
07-27-2015, 08:30 AM
http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/the-tiny-islands-where-canada-and-america-are-at-war/

“Our long-standing position is that the Machias Seal Island belongs to the United States by virtue of the 1783 Treaty of Peace.”

Wheew, that is a long way to go back. Wouldn't Canada defeating the US in the war of 1812 after being pre-emptively attacked by the US nullify a lot of peace treaties? I don't see Germany still owning a lot of Russia.

$5.50 per pound for lobster puts it over nickel, which is pushing anger.

"lighthouse that has the distinction of being the only manned lighthouse left in Atlantic Canada."

“Canadians are like Vikings. They’ll rape and pillage and not give a s–t, because they can still go home [after their short season],” says Drouin.

ekguy
07-28-2015, 09:33 AM
Lobster is all the maritimes has...how dare they try and take that away from us!!!

speedog
07-28-2015, 09:57 AM
Aaah, the old 'Canada defeated the USA in 1812' story even though Canada didn't officially exist in 1812 or at least that's what's the history I was taught in school about Canada.

ekguy
07-28-2015, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Aaah, the old 'Canada defeated the USA in 1812' story even though Canada didn't officially exist in 1812 or at least that's what's the history I was taught in school about Canada.

Thats just how badass Canada is. Kicking ass before its own birth.

ExtraSlow
07-28-2015, 01:26 PM
That's some Chuck Norris shit right there.