PDA

View Full Version : holy shiet

buh_buh
09-29-2002, 03:26 AM
this is a must read.
A Mustang tech that works at some dealership gets a '03 Cobra in, and bags the shit out of it, and brags about it on the net and gets busted for it.

http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?threadid=29134&perpage

I think this thread has been seen more than the Civic beating the Corvette thread. Over 180 000 views on this thread.

4G63Power
09-29-2002, 04:18 AM
what a dumbass...glad he got caught though. I always wonder what is done with my car when it's left alone at a shop...hopefully not like what i read :dunno:

James
09-29-2002, 04:18 AM
Thats Insane, how mnay people have viewed this thread in only the last week! that guy is retarded, its one thing to bag on someones car getting fixed, people do that all the time, but to let everyone know about on such a busy Forum, or atleast now it is!:p ..thats just Stupid!:banghead:

shadowz
09-29-2002, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by 4G63Power
what a dumbass...glad he got caught though. I always wonder what is done with my car when it's left alone at a shop...hopefully not like what i read :dunno:

exactly i hope i never have to worry about leaving my car at some shop and having it bagged on, XES's buddy who has a red COBRA mustang had some stereo work done by audio concepts and they took it for a bag and crashed it into a curb wrecking his wheel and cobraR body kit:guns:

Redlyne_mr2
09-29-2002, 08:03 AM
stupid ass mustang owners...cant eblieve the guy was busted

RCBVtec
09-29-2002, 09:19 AM
Holy crap.... I would be right pissed too!! Glad that punkass got fired!!!!

Stratus_Power
09-29-2002, 09:53 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3855

CRXguy
09-29-2002, 10:18 AM
Do you guys have any idea how many message boards have been linked to that thread? I only read half the posts on the Mustang board, but I'm guessing at least a hundred!!!:eek: :nut: :D

RCBVtec
09-29-2002, 10:21 AM
yeah on page 17 (no I didn't read all of it, just red til page 5 then clicked on 17 and 18 :D ) a guy listed like 50+ forms that have threads about this... :nut:

buh_buh
09-29-2002, 10:27 AM
man, this guy must be so famous now.
He looks way more stupid than that Corvette guy a little while ago, or even stupider than the RX-7 guy who stole the car and sold it on the same forum again.

lammer
09-29-2002, 10:29 AM
wow, this internet stuff works like a charm.

one thing comes on.

"Yoo dudes!! my del sol worked a vette!"

Post 4 Views 11

several hours later

Posts 134 Views 12239

few days later

Posts 2061 Views 123990

insane i tell ya just insane.

sexualbanana
09-29-2002, 10:48 AM
this is gonna take forever to read

Stratus_Power
09-29-2002, 10:50 AM
hah never mind it was diff :P btw that guys fired haha read the other link i posted ( sorta ), shes gonna persuit w/ legal action

Stratus_Power
09-29-2002, 10:57 AM
we need a beyond representative to post on that forum :P

ninspeed
09-29-2002, 11:16 AM
I posted saying that I found my way there from beyond. Have no clue what page I'm on, it was a few days ago.

Mel

Chris Ng
09-29-2002, 11:20 AM
This story reminds me of a situation I had with my car..

I had brought my car into a local Kal Tire (I won't bother giving out which location).. I had just purchased a set or new rims from them and have them mounted..
I watched the guy swap the tires, bring the car off the hoist and start it up.. Unfortunately as he backed the car up he pulled out the opposite direction that they normally do to to bring the car to the front of the shop... I then watched him take off down the street and disappear... he showed back up about 10 mins later, pulled around to the front, got out of the car and put the keys on the counter...I went up to the counter and asked what the hell just happened.. I was told that they took the car out for a quick drive to make sure the tires were all mounted okay and to retorque the bolts... I hae NEVER EVER had this happen any other time I have had rims or tires installed by any other shop.. The kid took my car for a joy ride..

I don't know what possesed him to do this.. He saw me watching everything he was doing.. Perhaps it was the allure of my extra gauges in the car, perhaps seeing the stand alone EFI enticed him.. or that he had always wanted to drive a turbo rotary.. I have always insisted on driving my car onto the hoist, or around the shop before.. The shop people have always been good about it.. but the one time that I let someone else take it in, I see my car flying off into the sunset...

ninjak84
09-29-2002, 12:04 PM
wow, this is the third thread like this ive come across.
(others being rx7 stolen and corvette/civic race)
did anyone else notice how the other mustang owners replied?
"gj man"
"i would have done it to"
"wow, i wish i could have ripped that cobra up like you did"

give me a break....

RCBVtec
09-29-2002, 12:44 PM
So what did you do Chris????

infamous
09-29-2002, 03:55 PM
omg...i can't believe someone would do that...if i were the owner of a brand new cobra, and i found out some little fucker did that to my car, i wouldn't call the cops, i would get him fired and beat the ever living fuck out of him. i wouldn't care how much i would end up paying for it in the end, it would be worth it to know that he can't even drive a car anymore, let alone bag on my car......:madred:

importadrenelin
09-29-2002, 04:03 PM
anyone have the link for the woman who is pursuing legal action against the dealership?
Also I haven't heard of the civic/corvette story before, but did follow the stolen RX-7 one quite closely

infamous
09-29-2002, 04:06 PM
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=19809&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

oh yeah and the corvette/civic story was that a civic beat a c5 vette....

Stratus_Power
09-29-2002, 05:10 PM
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=19809

sexualbanana
09-29-2002, 07:27 PM
after about the 6th page it all became the same thing.

ie. "caught wind of this at www.somecarforum.com and on behalf of the,, we're sorry to hear about this blah blah blah blah"

checked the last page and it was the same stuff. imagine that. 7 pages of replies all saying the same thing

300rwhp
09-29-2002, 07:37 PM
for those that were saying that all mustang owners are like that you should have read the whole thing because only about 2% of the guys in the stang forum supported the guy. your sample for this little conclusion came from a mustang forum, there all mustang guys, not all honda guys or toyota guys are good people.you saying that this is a typical mustang owner attitude is actually pretty ignorant considering they are one of north america's best selling vehicles. does this mean you lost faith in the millions of people that own mustangs? none of us mustang guys ever say that when there is a street race crash that it has to be an import lovers fault. just because the guy that went joyriding was the owner of a mustang doesnt mean some kid with a doulble decker wing and altezza lights couldnt do the same thing. some people are just fucked up and thats the way it is.what he drives has nothiung to do with what he did.

sexualbanana
09-29-2002, 07:42 PM
that is true. but u gotta admit people like those r also 90% of the reason everyone thinks car enthusiasts r immature punks

300rwhp
09-29-2002, 09:35 PM
what im trying to say is that people like that often don't drive mustangs.

T5_X
09-29-2002, 09:46 PM
Yah, heard about this in another forum, thousands upon thousands of people have seen it.

Its nice to see people driving all sorts of cars getting together like that.

sexualbanana
09-29-2002, 10:44 PM
just like not all people who drive imports do things like that.

but i didn't mean to make this a ricer argument. u r correct that this thread (the subject thread) gives everyone (mechanics and a few mustang 'enthusiasts') a bad name.

turboMiata
09-30-2002, 07:48 AM
That's the reason why I do all the work myself. Rage should have some good stories about South Center.

If you guys have programmable ECUs, and you need to send the car in for whatever reason, I normally set my rev limiter to about 3K and set the accel fuel to 0. This way, they have just enough to pull the car into the shop from the parking lot and back.

Works great if you use valets or have to send the car into the body shop. I love it when they come back and tell me my engine's fucked!!

Ferio_vti
09-30-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by turboMiata
That's the reason why I do all the work myself. Rage should have some good stories about South Center.

If you guys have programmable ECUs, and you need to send the car in for whatever reason, I normally set my rev limiter to about 3K and set the accel fuel to 0. This way, they have just enough to pull the car into the shop from the parking lot and back.

Works great if you use valets or have to send the car into the body shop. I love it when they come back and tell me my engine's fucked!!

Haha, that's a great idea.
I know a friend who had an NSX and any time he needed servicing at Northwest, he'd get the manage to personally look at the trip/odometer and got his signature and that they would be responsible for any km's.

Putting the manager's ass on the line is a good way to keep your car from getting ripped up on the street by some asswipe punks.

three.eighteen.
09-30-2002, 02:50 PM
i heard some cars valet keys do pretty much the same thing as that programmable ECU thing...like the new C5 vette valet keys only allow 4 of the 8 cyls to work...