PDA

View Full Version : Physio Recommendation after ACL Surgery?

v8killa
07-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Hey,

I had my ACL/Meniscus reconstructed 10 days ago and was looking to book some Physio. This is my second surgery and I opted with UofC for my other knee surgery and they were good but nothing special. Was curious if anyone had some recommendations? Thanks!

ExtraSlow
07-30-2015, 01:57 PM
If downtown, I'm a big fan of Fifth ave Physio in shell building. Have seen Heather and Leah. Both are good.

soccernut
07-30-2015, 02:01 PM
where did they harvest your graft from? Hamstring? Patella? Cadaver?

I don't have a recommendation on where to go but my advice to you is that you stick to a strict rehab program and go after it. The rehab is more important that the op itself.

v8killa
07-30-2015, 02:04 PM
I will look into them ExtraSlow, thanks for the response.

They used my Patella graft, repaired my lateral meniscus and removed my medial meniscus. Thanks for the advice, I will definitely be strict with my rehab program.

euro_racer
07-30-2015, 02:35 PM
lifemark in the Talisman Center. I forget his name but they have a guy there who specializes in knees and is supposedly the best in the city for that injury according to several doctors and physiotherapists I have talked to since.

I had the same operation also done by the UofC Dr. Longino. I went to a couple different therapists that I chose close to home in the south and they were not very helpful, I was referred to this guy by the surgery doctor and I am very glad that happened. He is a little on the rough side but IMO that is what sets him apart from the others and that is why he gets great results.

zipdoa
07-30-2015, 02:57 PM
The Running Injury clinic might be worth checking out. That's where I'll be at after I have my double knee surgery in January.

A790
07-30-2015, 03:12 PM
Location?

The_Penguin
07-30-2015, 03:35 PM
Someone where I work highly recommended Lifemark on MacLeod tr. S.

I'll be needing physio soon, once my Calcaneus heals, will keep an eye on this thread.

G-ZUS
07-30-2015, 03:38 PM
Mike Westaway @ Lifemark

v8killa
07-30-2015, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the replies. I tried to book with Mike Westaway but he isn't taking new patients at one location and isn't working until next Friday at the other.

I want to start on Tuesday so I think I am going to try Panther Cardel out as they have good reviews and it is a decent location for me.

dandia89
07-30-2015, 04:00 PM
Kamal at Chriocare

http://www.hamptonschirocare.com/calgary/About%20Dr%20Kamal%20Ikram/

Everyone I know who's visited him has loved it