PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience purchasing from "Double L Motors"?

Disoblige
07-31-2015, 02:43 PM
Hey guys,
Looking at a vehicle there and curious if anyone dealt with "Double L Motors" on 9 Ave SE?

What was your experience like and did you have any issues with the car you looked at or purchased?

Place looks the stereotypically used car dealer lot (they were in Fargo even haha), but I don't judge by the looks of a place, more about the experience and service.

I also wouldn't know if they have changed ownership over the years they've been in business.

Thanks.

A790
07-31-2015, 02:44 PM
I believe they are owned by the same guy that has the used lot just up the street from them.

relyt92
08-01-2015, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by A790
I believe they are owned by the same guy that has the used lot just up the street from them. Yeah, Double L is owned by the same people as Atlantic Auto Sales. I can't say anything about either place, though.

thetransporter
08-05-2015, 12:35 AM
Double L motors are good people. Our family has been buying from them since the early 80s ....... no issues.

Disoblige
08-05-2015, 08:50 AM
I haven't heard anything bad about them and they seemed pretty decent from my initial inquiry; now, just have to see if the hail storm yesterday affected their inventory :(

Hallowed_point
08-05-2015, 09:48 AM
I know one of their Mechanics (Rob) as he lives at my condo building. He's a straight up kind of guy. I can imagine that the shop he works at is also like this. He's helped me out a couple of times with mechanical problems on cars.

Zero102
08-05-2015, 11:00 AM
When my sister was car shopping 2-3 years ago we looked at a couple different cars on their lot. The salesperson we got openly admitted he wasn't an expert on a couple of them and that he could check on anything we wanted to know, seemed pretty straight up but at the end of the day they just didn't quite have what we were looking for (or in one case did, and it was too expensive).

We didn't have them pull any kind of shit with us and everything was straight up. I wouldn't say anything bad about them. If they have something you want to see then go there and check it out.