PDA

View Full Version : Disable windows 8 start screen

johnlennon
08-01-2015, 09:48 PM
I have been looking online how to disable this and I am have only been able to find ways remove the apps on the screen. I would like it to be completely gone as I do not use it and find it annoying. Thanks

firebane
08-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Start screen? If you mean the start menu that you see after you login then just go to desktop and right click on taskbar and go into properties and choose boot to desktop.

johnlennon
08-01-2015, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by firebane
Start screen? If you mean the start menu that you see after you login then just go to desktop and right click on taskbar and go into properties and choose boot to desktop.

Ok but could I completely get rid of it ? I would like it when I press the windows buttom on my keyboard or on the bottom Left of the screen for it to open up my programs like the previous version.

GoChris
08-01-2015, 11:09 PM
download and install Classic Shell

JustinMCS
08-02-2015, 01:19 AM
Upgrade to Windows 10 for free to get your start menu back properly.

johnlennon
08-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by GoChris
download and install Classic Shell

The reviews are saying it can cause lag as it is constantly running in the background. Hmm ..

Originally posted by JustinMCS
Upgrade to Windows 10 for free to get your start menu back properly.

Really? I should just go that route.

BigDL
08-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by johnlennon

The reviews are saying it can cause lag as it is constantly running in the background. Hmm ..

I run that and start8 on multiple computers with no major issues. Just sometimes when i select update and restart or shut down and update it doesn't really do the update but that is easily solved.