PDA

View Full Version : Rob Anders' farewell: thanks gun clubs, homeschooled kids, grandmother

rob the knob
08-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Anders represented the federal riding of Calgary West — now known as Calgary Signal Hill — from 1997 to 2015
CBC News Posted: Aug 06, 2015 2:48 PM MT Last Updated: Aug 06, 2015 3:00 PM MT

Controversial MP Rob Anders has penned a final farewell to his constituents, thanking hundreds for their help throughout his time in office.

Anders represented the federal riding of Calgary West — now known as Calgary Signal Hill — from 1997 to 2015 but lost last year's nomination battle to former Alberta finance minister Ron Liepert.

Anders' thank-you covered two of his four-page newsletter, published quarterly, and was delivered to constituents today.

"I thank the people of Calgary West for the honour of representing them," the message starts, going on to express appreciation to his family.

"I would like to thank my parents who taught me to read from a newspaper at the age of three," he writes, "thanks to my grandmother, who baked cookies for my campaigns."

After losing the nomination to Liepert, Anders had several unsuccessful attempts to keep his political career going in Alberta.

He also lost the Conservative nomination battle in the rural riding of Bow River last September and in February, the Wildrose party rejected his attempt to run for leadership.

But there were many years of politicking before Anders lost for which he offered his gratitude.

"I thank those home-schoolers who have helped over the years ... who with their children stuffed tremendous numbers of envelopes," Anders wrote.

Eighteen different people and groups connected to firearms were also singled out in the letter.

"I thank other friends of liberty," wrote Anders, "the National Firearms Association, of which I am a lifetime member."

Anders was kicked off the Committee on Veterans Affairs in 2012 after making controversial comments when he was accused of falling asleep in a meeting.

Still, he dedicated a line in his newsletter to veterans, "who put their lives on the line to defend our freedoms and way of life."

He also thanked some police and RCMP members.

"I thank those who fought in the battle for preventing the moral decay inside western civilization itself," wrote Anders. http://s10.postimg.org/gpb5u9xix/rob_anders_final_farewell.jpg

ZenOps
08-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Will pick up some for toilet paper! Haha.

benyl
08-06-2015, 11:09 PM
Mine went straight into the blue bin from the mailbox.

ExtraSlow
08-07-2015, 08:39 AM
Are we taking bets on what his post MP career will look like?

Tik-Tok
08-07-2015, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Are we taking bets on what his post MP career will look like?

President of a community association, he doesn't even live in?

sheik_yerbouti
08-07-2015, 04:27 PM
I wonder how long he can keep being gay hidden without the big political party helping him out with it.