PDA

View Full Version : head shaving products recommendation

ArjayAquino
08-07-2015, 09:37 PM
I think I'm finally ready to say fuck it and shave my head this weekend. It's been thinning for awhile slowly and now it's quite noticeable when i cut my hair short or when it's wet so I'm just going to get rid of it.

So for the guys that shave your head is there some kind of special oil or shave gel that you use to make sure your scalp doesn't dry up? Maybe something that's easy to get shipped or get locally would be cool.

This shaving oil looks like it might be good: http://www.sirhare.com/collections/headshavingoil

thanks

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_727Oy4w4Obo/S-sYGy9MqnI/AAAAAAAAAx8/qXYHS6CKzSw/s1600/oops+2.jpg

frozenrice
08-07-2015, 09:48 PM
Good question. I didn't even think to see if there was any special stuff for doing that. I bit the bullet too about a month and a half ago and all I used was shaving cream. I even just wet shaved while in the shower a couple of times. Haven't really had any problems with the scalp. A buddy of mine advised me that if you're going to be outdoors a lot just remember to put on SPF 30 until your scalp gets tanned enough to match the rest of your head. Not used to being bald it was something I never had thought of but it made sense what he said.

ArjayAquino
08-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Good question. I didn't even think to see if there was any special stuff for doing that. I bit the bullet too about a month and a half ago and all I used was shaving cream. I even just wet shaved while in the shower a couple of times. Haven't really had any problems with the scalp. A buddy of mine advised me that if you're going to be outdoors a lot just remember to put on SPF 30 until your scalp gets tanned enough to match the rest of your head. Not used to being bald it was something I never had thought of but it made sense what he said.

ah yeah the sun. my face is quite tanned right now too, it'll look weird with the light scalp hah. I'll also be doing a lot of running outside to prepare for spartan so might have to put some suntan lotion on.

googe
08-08-2015, 03:40 AM
Normal razor, normal shave cream/gel. Those head specific products are bad gimmicks.

And yeah, the sun is mean...

ArjayAquino
08-08-2015, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by googe
Normal razor, normal shave cream/gel. Those head specific products are bad gimmicks.

And yeah, the sun is mean...

Hah good to know cuz that's all I'll have for my first shave.