PDA

View Full Version : Bernie Sanders, draws crowds not seen since Kennedy!

Toma
08-11-2015, 09:57 AM
US primary Democrst hopeful draws bigger crowds than any of the other contestants from either party. His latest LA gsthering saw people lining up for hours and blocks. Photo below from his Oregon speach, where he drew an esrimated 28,000. Largely dismissed by the media.

From Robert Reich....

No candidate in primary elections going back to Robert Kennedy in 1968 has drawn anything close to these numbers of people, and no primary candidate in memory has drawn these sorts of crowds months before the primaries and caucuses even begin. The reason isn't Bernie Sander's youthful good looks or his wit or his Brooklyn/Vermont accent. It's because he's speaking to what's on the minds of millions of Americans today: the fundamental unfairness of a political-economic system that rewards the few and penalizes the many, because that system is rigged by the few and unresponsive to the many. The system can't be changed through attractive-sounding policies. It can only be changed through a political movement that reclaims the power of the vast majority. The crowds showing up for Bernie Sanders are part of that movement.

But any movement that seeks to change the structure of power in America is threatening to those in power -- including the major media, its sponsors and patrons, and the Washington insiders whom the Washington-based media are most familiar with. All want to view the Sanders campaign as a passing phenomenon, which is why the crowds he's drawing and the movement he's fomenting aren't reported on.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/files/2015/08/Sanders.jpeg&w=1484

Toma
08-11-2015, 10:03 AM
What's really heart warming is thatn latest Polls show Bernie would easily trump the Donald Trump. Americans are just as sick of Crony Capitalists as is the rest of the world.

Berniez biggest challenge is besting Hillary, and getting mainstream media coverage. He has refused superPac money!!

More from Reich

Here are the 4 recurring criticisms of Bernie Sanders by the mainstream media, and why they're wrong:
1. He doesn't appeal to Latinos and blacks. Wrong. As his name recognition and message grow, Latinos and blacks are joining up because they recognize he's talking about the toxic interaction between racism and economic inequality. Last night's Sanders event in Los Angeles included large numbers of Latinos and blacks.
2. He's too far to the left to appeal to mainstream voters. Wrong again. Many who consider themselves conservatives are just as outraged by crony capitalism and abuses of power. Sanders is helping give life to an encompassing progressive movement to take economic and political power away from an elite that's rigged the system against the vast majority.
3. He's too old. Nonsense. He's only five years older than Hillary Clinton and two years older than Joe Biden, and anyone who's watched him zip around the country these past few months (usually by commercial aircraft) and give thunderous speeches know he's strong and vital.
4. He can't be elected. That's what they said about John F. Kennedy, referring to his Catholicism, and Barack Obama, referring to his race and his name. The "can't be elected" mantra is meaningless this early in the race anyway.

LA Times.... http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-sanders-california-20150811-story.html#page=1
http://www.trbimg.com/img-55c98a65/turbine/la-2435477-me-0810-bernie-mwy-0174-jpg-20150810/600/600x338

Cos
02-03-2016, 05:29 PM

Mibz
02-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Fuck sake Cos, you know how many filters I've had to add to Reddit to avoid seeing Bernie fucking Sanders on every page? vBulletin 2 doesn't have that feature. Please spare me.

Cos
02-03-2016, 06:20 PM

BigMass
02-03-2016, 06:24 PM
the problem with the republicans this election is that there's not a single frontrunner that doesn't come across as completely bat shit insane. They make Shrub look like a reasonable, albeit slow, overall decent guy. That's pretty scary

01RedDX
02-03-2016, 06:40 PM

16hypen3sp
02-04-2016, 10:34 AM
For some reason, Bernie reminds me of Gil McGowan.

Originally posted by 01RedDX
P.S. Did anyone else see this seemingly new thread and think "Toma's back?!" :eek:

Yes I did. It scared me.

ZenOps
02-07-2016, 04:23 PM
At least the Dems seem tolerant of Mexicans.

Both Trump and Cruz have pledged to build a wall at the Mexican border.

FixedGear
02-07-2016, 04:47 PM
Donated a couple hundred bucks to his campaign last week :thumbsup:

kaput
02-07-2016, 05:33 PM

FixedGear
02-07-2016, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Why would you do that? He's proud that his average donation is only $27. You're ruining everything!

I figure people who can afford it should pay more than those who can't.

The military-industrial complex is taking over the US and the world, and he's the only presidential candidate since Nader who has raised the issue. We need to take our government back.

kaput
02-07-2016, 05:58 PM

FixedGear
02-07-2016, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by kaput
It was a joke :(

No worries, I just felt like ranting anyway. :thumbsup:

Seth1968
02-07-2016, 06:30 PM
It's because he's speaking to what's on the minds of millions of Americans today: the fundamental unfairness of a political-economic system that rewards the few and penalizes the many, because that system is rigged by the few and unresponsive to the many. The system can't be changed through attractive-sounding policies. It can only be changed through a political movement that reclaims the power of the vast majority. The crowds showing up for Bernie Sanders are part of that movement.

But any movement that seeks to change the structure of power in America is threatening to those in power -- including the major media, its sponsors and patrons, and the Washington insiders whom the Washington-based media are most familiar with. All want to view the Sanders campaign as a passing phenomenon, which is why the crowds he's drawing and the movement he's fomenting aren't reported on.

Corporate cash to pay off the elite (lobbying), and buy the typical media.

Thousands line the streets to worship the Queen and inadvertently claim their slavery.

codetrap
02-08-2016, 07:40 AM