PDA

View Full Version : Create a Toma "Anti Harper" thread

codetrap
08-14-2015, 04:18 PM

rx7_turbo2
08-14-2015, 04:39 PM
It's already been requested
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/393472/limit-on-posting-new-threads-about-the-election/

Shit, how about we just ask him to compile his thoughts for longer than 10 minutes and put his thoughts in ONE FUCKING POST, I opened one thread where the first two posts were his back to back WTF :dunno:

*Edit*
Looks like someone merged his crazy into one thread :clap:
I'm doubtful it'll contain it but a step in the right direction :thumbsup:

ExtraSlow
08-15-2015, 08:13 AM
A step in the right direction, I'm happy about this development.

LOLzilla
08-17-2015, 02:12 PM
Does this mean that the rest of the forums posters can get branded by their political allegiance? Could we tie the ignore list into the political brand?

What an awful idea.

LOLzilla
08-17-2015, 02:12 PM
Does this mean that the rest of the forums posters can get branded by their political allegiance? Could we tie the ignore list into the political brand?

What an awful idea.

eglove
08-17-2015, 02:15 PM
^ I think you're missing the point. Has nothing to do with political choices. It's about new thread after new thread of bullshit. Combining it into one rather than having continuous bullshit posted

codetrap
08-17-2015, 02:54 PM

Unknown303
09-03-2015, 01:46 AM
So nice to see Toma is back to posting shit thread after shit thread again. :banghead:

rage2
09-03-2015, 07:48 AM
The mods have merged his government threads together.

Toma, I'm sorry, but I'm done. I've been swamped all week dealing with complaints from members, complaints from you, mods asking about merging threads, and just trying to keep the forums running without everyone pissed off and leaving because of your behavior here. I have better things to do with my time than to be consumed by work as a result of your actions.

I've been more than fair to you, and frankly, I'm tired. Consider this your final warning. Please keep your posts in the appropriate thread, there is no need to post thread after thread of the same topic. Break the rules again, and you're gone.

There is no conspiracy to silence you, but you can't make the forums a toxic place for others to visit because you have an agenda. We get it. You're not a Harper fan. You're not a Conservative fan. You want everyone to vote NDP. You don't need 30 threads of fractured thoughts and articles with fuzzy logic to accomplish that.

Please follow the rules here. Last chance.

killramos
09-03-2015, 07:51 AM
Straw that broke the camels back...

rx7_turbo2
09-03-2015, 08:05 AM
Toma has always been Toma, and that's fine. Something's changed over the past year and a bit though. I don't know if he's dealing with shit personally, or maybe he's just really interested in how far he can push it. I do believe he's been given FAR more freedom here on Beyond than another lesser known member may have been given if they exhibited similar behaviour. That's probably a respect thing, he's a long time member, he's been a major part of the car community for a very long time. However that respect is a two way street, and his behaviour over the last little while has been incredibly disrespectful to this forum, its members and moderators. It's sad it's come to this ultimatum but after the incident with him deleting other members posts without cause or permission and his recent behaviour I don't see that there was any other option. The fact he's been given one last chance and not just outright banned is another sign of respect, let's hope it's reciprocated.

eglove
09-03-2015, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by rage2
The mods have merged his government threads together.

Toma, I'm sorry, but I'm done. I've been swamped all week dealing with complaints from members, complaints from you, mods asking about merging threads, and just trying to keep the forums running without everyone pissed off and leaving because of your behavior here. I have better things to do with my time than to be consumed by work as a result of your actions.

I've been more than fair to you, and frankly, I'm tired. Consider this your final warning. Please keep your posts in the appropriate thread, there is no need to post thread after thread of the same topic. Break the rules again, and you're gone.

There is no conspiracy to silence you, but you can't make the forums a toxic place for others to visit because you have an agenda. We get it. You're not a Harper fan. You're not a Conservative fan. You want everyone to vote NDP. You don't need 30 threads of fractured thoughts and articles with fuzzy logic to accomplish that.

Finally

Toma
09-03-2015, 08:54 AM
lol.

so cute.

the whaaaa baby's dont like news stories, opinion pieces, stats etc brought to attention? ohhh noooz.

There is a definite agenda to quiet my opinion on polotics in a political section.

Almost every single thing I post, or news story I present, is met with a personal attack or 2, and you're worried about "them leaving?"

Cute.

I post up somethjng political, in a political section, and the mods have it moved within minutes. Some anonymous douchebag creates an entire post suggesting I'm a murderer, and your reply is "if you can dish it, you can take it?" or some shit?

Really? That's your perception? That's the same thing to you?

I can't see which of the forum rules I broke, but you constantly let slide when 1, 2,5,6, and 9 are broken within almost every thread I offer opinion, fact, or post a news story thay you, or the whaaaa croud dont like. Of course, you may perceive I am breaking 9, being annoying lol.

So yeah, don't sit there and pretend like you are being fair and balanced in some way lol. Not even close.

ExtraSlow
09-03-2015, 09:04 AM
Rule 0.5 in any situation: Try not to piss off the folks in charge.

eglove
09-03-2015, 09:07 AM
It's a car forum. Not a political forum

rage2
09-03-2015, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Toma
lol.

so cute.

the whaaaa baby's dont like news stories, opinion pieces, stats etc brought to attention? ohhh noooz.

There is a definite agenda to quiet my opinion on polotics in a political section.

Almost every single thing I post, or news story I present, is met with a personal attack or 2, and you're worried about "them leaving?"

Cute.

I post up somethjng political, in a political section, and the mods have it moved within minutes. Some anonymous douchebag creates an entire post suggesting I'm a murderer, and your reply is "if you can dish it, you can take it?" or some shit?

Really? That's your perception? That's the same thing to you?

I can't see which of the forum rules I broke, but you constantly let slide when 1, 2,5,6, and 9 are broken within almost every thread I offer opinion, fact, or post a news story thay you, or the whaaaa croud dont like. Of course, you may perceive I am breaking 9, being annoying lol.

So yeah, don't sit there and pretend like you are being fair and balanced in some way lol. Not even close.
Deleting your threads would be quieting your opinion on politics. None of your threads have been deleted. ZERO. One was closed because it was a repost.

Meanwhile, you complaining to me about your murder thread which was deleted immediately by me as soon as I saw it. I even explained to you why his thread was being deleted in PM, yet you completely ignore what I wrote and question when you wrote a thread attacking another member. That wasn't even the point. See for yourself.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/rage2amg/fbscreen_zpsrcb8tyk9.jpg

So fucking cute. Don't even sit there and pretend I'm not trying to help you out here. Fact is, you're fucking up this whole place for everyone here. What rule did you break? Yup, I'm going there with #9.

9. Don't be annoying, respect your fellow members. Annoying everyone is enough of a reason to get yourself banned.
You're being annoying. Full stop.

JRSC00LUDE
09-03-2015, 09:23 AM
I gotta say, whether I agree or not I enjoy your view on politics Toma but you have to be able to see you're going way overboard with spamming the fuck out of your opinions.

You've been asked many time, by myself and others, to provide some substance to your argument but you don't anymore. You just spew reposts of links and mostly ignore it. I don't think anyone wants to "silence your opinion", they just want you to revert back to actually substantiating it and discussing it. Whenever you're point of view is challenged ore rebutted you ignore it, usually tell the person they're dumb in one form or another, and then make a new thread with another reposted link.

That isn't discussion. :dunno:

Personally, I think it would be a loss to not hear your viewpoints on a few things but the relentless and mindless Harper/Conservative bash-a-thon is getting old. A year or so ago you'd write insightful opinions of why you believed things were wrong, how about go back to that kind of posting instead of the spam?

Toma
09-03-2015, 09:25 AM
As long as the pretense is gone, we are all good.

rage2
09-03-2015, 09:26 AM
He does the same thing on Facebook. It's gotten so bad that he doesn't even get a single like for any of the stuff he posts. Zero. His friends have already silenced him on there by clicking unfollow.

It's quite sad, I used to have great conversations with him. But I have no clue what happened over the last couple of years.

vengie
09-03-2015, 09:30 AM
Toma's posts remind me of that crazy old guy outside of Bow Valley Square that just yells at you as you walk by.

Milan Papez, and his son.

Toma
09-03-2015, 10:08 AM
What's the point of making this personal?

Perfect Dark
09-03-2015, 10:21 AM
What's the point of making this personal?

Says the guy who doesn't hesitate to personally insult people when they don't share the same opinion as him.

codetrap
09-03-2015, 11:57 AM

Toma
09-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
This isn't a business discussion. This is entirely about your personal actions and how you're alienating the car community with your political views. It's fine to hold views and share them, but when it stops being a two way conversation and degrade to simply posting news articles with derogatory remarks then refusing to discuss it? That's a propaganda compaign and nobody is interested in that.

Lots of people have tried to engage you, but you refuse. But now it's personal? Says a lot about how you view the beyond community.

I'm under obligation to engage you? You've been on my ignore list for years.

So posting obligates me to respond? Why? I can't present my views, and pick and choose who I answer? I'm obligated to respond to every post, point, accusation, insult? Not every, maybe 50%, 10%? What standard do I need to fulfill to be allowed to express my views?

Lol. That's funny.

They moved a story that is EVERYWHERE today, radio, tv, Facebook, the drowning of the 3 yesr old Syrian boy, to a thread they named " anti government CONspiracy".

That's what he deserves?

That's disgusting IMO.

But you know, its annoying.

killramos
09-03-2015, 03:35 PM
You don't post your views though, you create mass ammounts of threads with any headline you can find that is negative against the conservatives or the current Canadian government in general, or Israel ( whether they are relevant or not, articles for 2008? Seriously?) and toss in an insult.

Super valuable.

Your threads are straight up annoying. Why don't you prove what an intellectual you are and shut all your detractors up with logical debates. Rather than deflections and insults.

codetrap
09-03-2015, 03:41 PM

Toma
09-03-2015, 04:17 PM
I have? Fair enough. Posting doesn't obligate you to respond at all. And you can pick and choose who you answer. Or you can answer to no one. But then what's the point? I've seen literally dozens of new threads of yours where people try to engage you and you simply ignore them. So, in the end, you're just an angry bot with an agenda, relaying article after article until it's just noise and nobody actually pays attention to you. Exactly what happened to your post about the Syrian boy.

You do the internet equivalent of walking around banging pots together yelling your singular anti-harper message for literally months on end, mocking and deriding all who don't agree with you, refusing to engage the community at large, and now you're mad because you got ignored on different topic? C'mon man.. really?

So?

Ideology cannot be changed, so why engage in ideological debate?

For example, drowned Syrian boy. Typical response I see on other forums lie on two.lines.

There are the guys that insist its because we need more war, and guys that insist we need less war.

You aren't gonna change any minds here. I presented something that deeply moved.me, and my opinion on it. I didn't see anything that I felt like responding too before it was moved.

Im fascinated at this idea that Im obligated to answer to accusations and insults, or ideological beliefs.

Ive engaged in lots of threads, i never knew it was an expectation or requirement.... nor did i read the rule anywhere, explsining how long I must participate for? A day, a week, till the thread dies...?

codetrap
09-03-2015, 04:38 PM

Toma
09-03-2015, 04:45 PM
Oh, I wholeheartedly disagree with you on ideology. I've had a number of my world views/preconceptions adjusted by information I've learned from beyond through some pretty good discussions. I've also looked back at my own posts over the years, and sometimes been ashamed at how I responded, and am much more at peace with the views I have now. It's interesting to see how I've changed over the years.. but I digress.

If you don't think you're going to change any minds, and you're not interested in engaging the community, why bother posting? Whats your purpose in belonging to this forum and even posting the articles in the first place? I imagine most people post because they want to have a discussion on a topic. What's your reason? Just to stir the pot?

My reasons are pretty simple. I enjoy the debate. I enjoy the teasing/trolling a bit, but I try not to take it too far or too seriously. I really enjoy learning other peoples views, and I particularly enjoy being able to help people. It's why I've been a member for many years now.

I never said I wont engage in debate, i just shy away from ideological debate, or more accurately, beliefs held through emotion, rsther than information.

Im free to pick and choose whom, and what I respond too. Trying to paint me into a corner isnt going to work. But completely true, once the mods moved a post, I had no jnterest in being forced into a mega thread. I don't like them either.

killramos
09-03-2015, 04:49 PM

Im free to pick and choose whom, and what I respond too. Trying to paint me into a corner isnt going to work. But completely true, once the mods moved a post, I had no jnterest in being forced into a mega thread. I don't like them either.

So if Toma isnt posting in his designated mega thread... And will be banned for making new ones...

Does that mean we have seen the end of Toma's political threads?

:clap:

codetrap
09-03-2015, 04:51 PM

Toma
09-03-2015, 05:00 PM
I'm not trying to paint you into a corner. I just don't understand what you're trying to accomplish with creating a dozen political threads with an obvious agenda then basically abandoning them. Typically, you post a link to the story, and a one line comment. Then that's your last post in the thread. :dunno:

I have adhd? :dunno: And its not true at all, I dont abandon every thread I start after the first post.

I respond when I see fit. It should be my choice, as its your choice to click a post I started, or my choice to click to see yours. etc.

This is beyond political section. Its pretty slow, you can scan the first page of posts in 20 seconds, and its usually 2 or 3 days worth of threads since the last post was made. I certainly don't read every thread in here, and the presence of threads I dont read certainty doesn't bother me.

You dont need to understand other people, more than likely you won't. Especially some women lol. Trying to do.so will just drive you mad.

LOLzilla
09-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Try not to take it personally Toma. The political section here is a milder version of the one found on YB. There is no changing minds here, it's just an echo chamber so you'll always look like the loon when speaking. I look forward to the day beyond can return to its car enthusiast roots. People reporting political posts they don't agree with? Sounds like cyber bullying to me. :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
09-03-2015, 10:18 PM
Minds get changed, they just get changed by discussion. What may seem ideological and emotional to the audience may not seem that way, or even actually be that way, to the presenter. :dunno:

rx7_turbo2
09-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by LOLzilla
People reporting political posts they don't agree with? Sounds like cyber bullying to me. :rofl:

Did you bother to read anything that's been posted? People are pissed off with the troll like behaviour, the spamming of the same disjointed thoughts in multiple threads, not the message itself.

For the love of fuck there's been like a half dozen people in this thread alone that have stated they agree and like debating with Toma, but that it's his behaviour as of late that's been the issue.

But don't let reality keep you from trying to find some grand conspiracy in what boils down to someone acting like an asshole on an Internet forum and being asked to stop.

Toma
09-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Wow, look at all this free, and expert psycho analysis I'm getting. :poosie:

All the usual beyond experts chiming in. lol.

CompletelyNumb
09-04-2015, 11:29 AM
I've been more than fair to you, and frankly, I'm tired. Consider this your final warning.

Fact is, you're fucking up this whole place for everyone here. What rule did you break? Yup, I'm going there with #9.

You're being annoying. Full stop.

Despite what any one here wants to say or argue, rage owns the forums, and this is how he feels. Doesn't get much clearer than that.

spikerS
09-04-2015, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb

Despite what any one here wants to say or argue, rage owns the forums, and this is how he feels. Doesn't get much clearer than that.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/1701020.jpg

cancer man
09-06-2015, 04:13 AM
He's drinking again.

FraserB
10-09-2015, 09:23 AM
Looks like he's on vacation.

R154
10-09-2015, 09:41 AM
And he's banned.