PDA

View Full Version : LF: Acura/Honda Mechanic

?????
08-19-2015, 02:51 PM
Just checking if anyone knows any reputable Acura mechanics out there besides the dealerships.

There are some threads on here but a few years new.

Looking to purchase a 2011 Acura TL SH and would like to bring it to someone to get inspected who knows of common issues and recommended preventative maintenance schedules.

Oh and if anyone on here knows of any issues with a 11' TL some feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

relyt92
08-19-2015, 07:10 PM
I haven't used them myself, but most times I see this question come up Hu's Garage gets brought up as a good place.

CanmoreOrLess
08-19-2015, 08:18 PM
Hu's has been honest, quick and at a fair price in my dealings.

fayzed
07-17-2022, 07:47 PM
Just bubbling this one up. It looks like i need to replace the clutch on my 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD, tried searching all the threads i found are a bit older but sounds Like Hu's and Balance Auto are places that were recommended in the past, does that still hold true?

i love this car but it's not worth a tonne, so trying to explore cheaper options.

Hallowed_point
07-17-2022, 08:25 PM
Just bubbling this one up. It looks like i need to replace the clutch on my 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD, tried searching all the threads i found are a bit older but sounds Like Hu's and Balance Auto are places that were recommended in the past, does that still hold true?

i love this car but it's not worth a tonne, so trying to explore cheaper options. Good luck, I tried several different places including Clutch Pro and they wouldn't touch it. The only place that I found to do my 2013 Acura TL SH-AWD clutch was Silverhill Acura. All said and done, $5,126.94 with an alignment done afterwards due to the clutch cradle removal. The oem dual mass flywheel alone was $1,979.88. I had this job done in February 2020. It was 12 hours labor on my invoice. Original clutch & flywheel did last until 220,000 kms.

88CRX
07-18-2022, 08:23 AM
Jackie at Ballance Auto or Steve at VS One. Both are well versed in all things Honda.