PDA

View Full Version : New Netflix Series: Narcos

C_Dave45
08-20-2015, 07:10 PM
This looks awesome!

U7elNhHwgBU

xnvy
08-20-2015, 07:15 PM
That does look awesome. Don't know any of the cast so I don't know what to expect at all. I'm pretty excited.

EDIT: I looked at the names of the cast and one guy is Oberyn Martell :D

J.M.
08-20-2015, 07:18 PM
Fuck I can't wait until this is on Netflix!! 8 more days

Russo
08-20-2015, 07:35 PM
this should be amazing, watched a lot of documentaries about the guy back in the day.

Kijho
08-20-2015, 08:28 PM
Looks awesome

K3RMiTdot
08-20-2015, 08:43 PM
wow! looking forward to this

95EG6P
08-20-2015, 08:44 PM
Hope it's good like gangland undercover

Proyecto2000
08-20-2015, 09:24 PM
wicked!

J.M.
08-20-2015, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by 95EG6P
Hope it's good like gangland undercover

I wish there were more episodes of that show, really enjoyed it

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
08-21-2015, 12:04 AM
Should have cast Adrian Grenier to play pablo :nut:

Dertz
08-24-2015, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
Should have cast Adrian Grenier to play pablo :nut:

I almost got upset then realized the joke.

I never watched that trash

SO LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

The main actor is a big name in south America. I think he is Brazilian.

Had 2 movies about a drug squad in brazil that were really good.
He himself said that what was most exciting was the freedom they got to produce the show.

asp integra
08-24-2015, 04:59 PM
looks good, def definitely going to check this out

Cos
08-24-2015, 05:16 PM

wintonyk
08-24-2015, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Dertz

I almost got upset then realized the joke.

I never watched that trash

SO LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

The main actor is a big name in south America. I think he is Brazilian.

Had 2 movies about a drug squad in brazil that were really good.
He himself said that what was most exciting was the freedom they got to produce the show.

Elite Squad! Those movies were bad ass. IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0861739/)

After watching the trailer I youtubed escobar and the medillin cartel. "plata o plomo"

xnvy
08-28-2015, 10:49 PM
Really enjoying it so far, I'm 4 episodes in.

Weak spot is the narration I find. Other than that I'm liking all the actors' performances and the story has good pacing. It's not a super serious or gritty show like Luther but they still lighten it up with the occasional joke, which is nice.

Escobar (Moura) and Peņa (Pascal) are really doing a good job on the show. I don't know whether the guy portraying Murphy is acting poorly or whether the other two are just making him look bad.

J.M.
08-29-2015, 12:25 AM
I'm 4 episodes in as well lol

Good show so far, it's crazy how much money Escobar and his pals made.

Dumbass17
08-29-2015, 09:02 AM
started it last night with the gf. very solid show. we are hooked, 2 eps deep

xnvy
08-29-2015, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by J.M.
I'm 4 episodes in as well lol

Good show so far, it's crazy how much money Escobar and his pals made. I was reading up on him and people estimate that at his peak his net worth was 30 BILLION which is a sum so large for a criminal that honestly I can't even fathom it.

Kobe
08-30-2015, 01:09 AM
Just finished Ep 4, great show i'm loving it...

eblend
08-30-2015, 10:30 AM
Finished watching it last night, great show, and great leading for the next season.

J.M.
08-30-2015, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by xnvy
I was reading up on him and people estimate that at his peak his net worth was 30 BILLION which is a sum so large for a criminal that honestly I can't even fathom it.

I remember reading that he offered to pay Columbia's $10 billion national debt at one point. That's some pretty baller shit for a drug lord lol

Originally posted by eblend
Finished watching it last night, great show, and great leading for the next season.

Finished it last night as well. Got my Dad watching it too, he asked me if the next season would be on Netflix next week :rofl:

Kobe
08-30-2015, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by J.M.

I remember reading that he offered to pay Columbia's $10 billion national debt at one point. That's some pretty baller shit for a drug lord lol

Finished it last night as well. Got my Dad watching it too, he asked me if the next season would be on Netflix next week :rofl:

Haha yah he mentioned it in one of the Episodes, thats so fucken crazy IMO...

I ended up watching 5 eps last night, im sure ill watch the remaining 5 tonight..

Pretty crazy how much cash he was making, it just doesnt seem real. (obv it is)

Joe-G
08-30-2015, 04:20 PM
Solid show. Glad I came across it.

civic_stylez
08-31-2015, 09:27 AM
Addicted! So well done. I knew a bit about him but was surprised to see how involved with his country that he really was. He was a bit like Hitler or Stalin, loved their country and wanted it to be great. Loved the people but go against them, and youll have a rough day.

Dertz
08-31-2015, 10:26 AM
Finished it last night with my homie over the weekend.
I don't know how they are going to pull out another season out of the time that is left in the story.
Timeline wise, we are no earlier then the mid 80's to late 80's and he died in 93 I believe.

A thought I had considering how it ends for him and also the title of the show, I have a feeling they would explore another Narco's story.

IMO, 10 eps of the last little bit Escobar was on the run would be a little boring to watch but I'm sure dialogue wise will be good. just feels like a wasted season.

Maybe they wrap up Escobar and connect it seamlessly to another Narco. Seeing as power shifts it can be done with the story.

Norte Del Valle Cartel took over for Medellin and Cali and they just disbanded in 2012.

Connect them to "el padrino" from the Mexican Cartels.

Juicy

3drian
08-31-2015, 10:56 AM
I have watched 3 episodes so far and loving every episode so far. I am quite familiar with his bio so it was interesting for me. my girlfriend knew nothing about him and she is also liking it.
Only thing I did not like was the Spanish they use, I think the guy who plays Pablo must have learned spanish as a second language. he seems to struggle at times. But im just being super picky, great show overall.

lil*tymer
08-31-2015, 10:56 AM
They could do something on the Cali Cartel which I believe is deeply connected to Norte del Valle Cartel and was around before them. Even larger than Escobars crew I think. That would be cool.

Dertz
08-31-2015, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by 3drian
I have watched 3 episodes so far and loving every episode so far. I am quite familiar with his bio so it was interesting for me. my girlfriend knew nothing about him and she is also liking it.
Only thing I did not like was the Spanish they use, I think the guy who plays Pablo must have learned spanish as a second language. he seems to struggle at times. But im just being super picky, great show overall.

Portuguese is his first language.

Kobe
08-31-2015, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Dertz
Finished it last night with my homie over the weekend.
I don't know how they are going to pull out another season out of the time that is left in the story.
Timeline wise, we are no earlier then the mid 80's to late 80's and he died in 93 I believe.

A thought I had considering how it ends for him and also the title of the show, I have a feeling they would explore another Narco's story.

IMO, 10 eps of the last little bit Escobar was on the run would be a little boring to watch but I'm sure dialogue wise will be good. just feels like a wasted season.

Maybe they wrap up Escobar and connect it seamlessly to another Narco. Seeing as power shifts it can be done with the story.

Norte Del Valle Cartel took over for Medellin and Cali and they just disbanded in 2012.

Connect them to "el padrino" from the Mexican Cartels.

Juicy

Yah I was expecting like two more episodes, I guess since the show is called "narcos" and not Pablo Escobar they can show what happens afterwards as well?

He was on the run for 17 months after I heard so there should still be a lot to work with?

I heard they did voice overs for some of the characters? Seemed fine to me but than I suck at th3 spanish..

flipstah
09-06-2015, 12:10 AM
Just started it and while I knew Escobar was the shit, I underestimated the extent of his power. Holy shit.

RIP DEA Cat.

flipstah
09-06-2015, 01:41 AM
Also, watch 'Cocaine Cowboys' on Netflix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griselda_Blanco

She ain't nobody to mess with.

RickDaTuner
09-06-2015, 10:35 AM

Being a native spanish speaker this has kinda been bothering me in the show too.

I've heard about 6-7 different accents from the actors in the show.
The slangs used in some of dialogues are pretty far off too.

I suppose if all you're doing is reading subtitles then it doesn't really matter.

Still a fantastic show. Scares the crap out of me to think the cartels had/have this kind of influence and power.

Puts the whole Mexican Drug war into perspective.

01RedDX
09-06-2015, 12:19 PM

flipstah
09-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Is this considered to be a documentary?

Do you have to ask for permission to play archival footage?

adam c
09-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Finished it last weekend, great show but the subtitles really sucked on the brighter scenes

gwill
09-06-2015, 04:07 PM
I saw a video on live leak that showed prisoners snorting massive lines of cocaine while in a South American prison. The gang that runs the drugs in the prison were celebrating 20 yrs of smuggling so they gave everyone massive lines for free.

It was like a scene from narcos but from present day.

JDMMAN
09-06-2015, 04:39 PM
How did you guys get the English subtitles working on Netflix? I tried several times and there were no subs at all :(

flipstah
09-06-2015, 05:27 PM
You have to turn on subtitles in your Apple TV and there's a CC button via Silverlight on a PC.

adam c
09-06-2015, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by JDMMAN
How did you guys get the English subtitles working on Netflix? I tried several times and there were no subs at all :(

I thought they were built in? I checked to see if other ones were available and tried turning on the English ones but it didn't change anything

khanan
09-07-2015, 12:11 AM
Just finished watching it, pretty good show, i added it to my list. Pretty crazy how much money this guy had.

Isaiah
09-07-2015, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by adam c

I thought they were built in? I checked to see if other ones were available and tried turning on the English ones but it didn't change anything
Are you using a proxy like unblock-us?

theken
09-07-2015, 01:22 AM
I'm just about to start this so I'm liking the reviews so far

Mitsu3000gt
09-08-2015, 08:52 AM
Good series. I hope Netflix makes more shows like this.

I didn't know it would end with him just starting to go on the run haha, but there should be more than enough for a second season. I'm sure they will add content where needed to keep it well rounded and interesting.

The only thing I found weird was the one episode that showed Pablo and his brother on the run in the jungle with the donkey at the very start, and then the next scene he was at home with his family. I started that episode thinking I had missed one. I think he was just stalling until the bill was passed for no extradition, but it seemed like they jumped a pretty big time gap.

95EG6P
09-08-2015, 09:27 AM
really good show by netflix. Love all the crime shows they got going now just hope gangland undercover comes back for a second season :clap:

Cos
09-08-2015, 09:34 AM

Brent.ff
09-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Show is awesome. I had zero knowledge about Escobar, other then his money and drug dealing. Kinda felt weird to almost be 'cheering' for him early on, then he turns unbelievably ruthless.

Columbia looks stunning though. Would love to visit, but im a wuss

SmAcKpOo
09-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Loved the show.

gwill
09-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by 95EG6P
really good show by netflix. Love all the crime shows they got going now just hope gangland undercover comes back for a second season :clap:

Gangland was one of my favorite new shows but it wasn't renewed. The one boss guy is now one of the main characters in the new walking dead series.

max_boost
09-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Addicted to Netflix lol

Daredevil, House of Cards and now on to Narcos. :zzz: :thumbsup:

Feruk
09-10-2015, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Brent.ff
I had zero knowledge about Escobar, other then his money and drug dealing.
Same here. What makes this show so unbelievable is how absurd Escobar's life was. When I watched House of Cards, it was so absurd that you knew it couldn't happen. I get them same feeling when I watch this show... except it did happen! This show's crazy good.

Brent.ff
09-10-2015, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Feruk

Same here. What makes this show so unbelievable is how absurd Escobar's life was. When I watched House of Cards, it was so absurd that you knew it couldn't happen. I get them same feeling when I watch this show... except it did happen! This show's crazy good.

Exactly. It's hilarious to watch and having to google it to see if it really happened. Almost too unbelievable to be fake.

Who gets to build their own prison!?

riander5
09-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Good series. I hope Netflix makes more shows like this.

I didn't know it would end with him just starting to go on the run haha, but there should be more than enough for a second season. I'm sure they will add content where needed to keep it well rounded and interesting.

The only thing I found weird was the one episode that showed Pablo and his brother on the run in the jungle with the donkey at the very start, and then the next scene he was at home with his family. I started that episode thinking I had missed one. I think he was just stalling until the bill was passed for no extradition, but it seemed like they jumped a pretty big time gap.

Spoiler alert dick head

flipstah
09-10-2015, 12:21 PM
Escobar dies at the end. LOL.

Mitsu3000gt
09-10-2015, 01:52 PM
^^ lol flipstah

Originally posted by riander5

Spoiler alert dick head

You mean the spoilers that were already in the first page of this thread (you would have read that well before my post), about this series which features a well known person in history whose general story and outcome is common knowledge? lol

Just don't click on a thread discussing a fully completed series and continue reading until he very end if you are worried about possible spoilers. It's a very simple solution. There are tons of threads in the Entertainment section that I haven't visited yet because I haven't seen the show yet - if I go there and read through them all and something gets ruined, I have nobody to blame but myself. But in this case, it would be like me going to a thread about the Titanic movie, and getting upset that someone told me it sinks at the end haha.

Anyway, it's a great show, I watched it pretty well knowing what happens (Escobar's general story is very well known) and it didn't take away any of the enjoyment.

joyridder
09-12-2015, 06:01 PM
This show is excellent from start to finish. Great characters, solid story line, keeps you entertained!

01RedDX
09-12-2015, 06:38 PM

R!zz0
09-25-2015, 11:28 AM
Awesome show. I can't believe that he actually burned 2 million dollars in cash to prevent his Daughter from dying of cold (They don't show that on Netflix)

The guy was fucking insane. He was making US $425 million a week :eek:

When Escobar's daughter wanted a unicorn, he bought her a horse and stapled a cone to it's head and wings to it's back. The horse died from an infection.

If she was upset, Pablo would get another horse and this time use sterile staples. :nut:

None of this was on Netflix, so no spolier.

[GaGe]
09-25-2015, 01:20 PM
I was travelling in Medellin and Bogota last month before I started watching this show.

Our hostel in Medellin offered a Pablo Escobar tour that I decided not to do. I decided against it because most of the landmarks/sites related to him have been redeveloped or torn down (they want to erase rather than preserve that part of their history).

I'm kind of regretting it now after reading this vice article. Sounds like I could have chatted with Escobar's brother:

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/pablo-escobars-brother-is-a-pretty-weird-dude-827

Escobar's brother escaped through that jail tunnel with him in real life, although he's not a character in the show.

E46..sTyLez
09-25-2015, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
^^ lol flipstah

You mean the spoilers that were already in the first page of this thread (you would have read that well before my post), about this series which features a well known person in history whose general story and outcome is common knowledge? lol

Just don't click on a thread discussing a fully completed series and continue reading until he very end if you are worried about possible spoilers. It's a very simple solution. There are tons of threads in the Entertainment section that I haven't visited yet because I haven't seen the show yet - if I go there and read through them all and something gets ruined, I have nobody to blame but myself. But in this case, it would be like me going to a thread about the Titanic movie, and getting upset that someone told me it sinks at the end haha.

Anyway, it's a great show, I watched it pretty well knowing what happens (Escobar's general story is very well known) and it didn't take away any of the enjoyment.

I disagree. Not a spoiler for me cause I've already finished the first season, but you stated how the first season ends, which is not common knowledge. In fact, you literally wrote "I didn't know" to start your sentence.

All it takes is *Spoiler Alert* before you type...just a courteous thing to do.

sk8r3124
09-25-2015, 02:24 PM
I think the best part about the production of the series is the decision to not muffle the Spanish/English. Seemed more authentic that everything outside of DEA scenes was Spanish with Subtitles.

01RedDX
09-25-2015, 02:44 PM

funkedelic2
10-11-2015, 01:52 PM
One of the best shows I've ever watched. Escobar's story is so far fetched and unique that it naturally makes for such an intriguing show. It is really well done by Netflix, they have really produced a lot of great shows!

NoPulp
10-11-2015, 08:18 PM
Finished the first season, love it!

I really wished they stretched it out more, which I feel odd saying. They have gone through the timeline too quickly. I find it very interesting since I didn't know a ton about this time period and the series is well done.

schocker
10-20-2015, 12:58 PM
Started watching this, really like it so far and it is available in 4k which is nice.

Kobe
09-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Season 2 just released today, just watched first two episodes.. holy shit :O

J.M.
09-02-2016, 04:45 PM
Gonna start season 2 tonight! Can't wait

flipstah
09-04-2016, 08:47 AM
Ep 2 rules

dj_rice
09-04-2016, 11:17 AM
Just started watching it yesterday as I was bored. :thumbsup: I like it.

Kobe
09-04-2016, 12:44 PM
Finished it last night, pretty good only downside is how they were tracking him for like 5+ years when he escaped but in the first like 7? eps it seems like it all happened at once.

There will be a Season 3

The_Rural_Juror
09-04-2016, 09:19 PM
Great series so far. Oberyn dun f'ed up in two different shows.

J.M.
09-04-2016, 11:29 PM
Just finished Season 2, it went by sooo fast.

Wish they stretched out Escobar's story into Season 3 but looks like Season 3 will be interesting.

01RedDX
09-06-2016, 01:40 PM

JVR1
09-06-2016, 02:23 PM
I fought the urge to watch it knowing it'd be a mini marathon and finished it this morning haha.

It'll be interesting to see if they can continue to keep my attention in season 3..

gwill
09-07-2016, 09:28 AM
I'm 5 episodes in at the moment and not really impressed with this season. Someone mentioned episode 2 was crazy but I found the opposite.

I think my expectations were too high after reading how awesome this season was from everyone. There is Nothing wrong with the season but nothing spectacular has happened yet...

TopNotch
09-07-2016, 01:06 PM
Season 2 was far more intense and entertaining than season 1 in my opinion.

ercchry
09-07-2016, 03:28 PM
So upset I binged this so quick :cry:

Redlyne_mr2
09-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Is the Lion supposed to be George Jung aka Boston George?

JVR1
09-07-2016, 09:49 PM
They're similar for sure. but I remember reading somewhere that the lion was a fictional character to simplify the storyline

dj_rice
09-07-2016, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by JVR1
They're similar for sure. but I remember reading somewhere that the lion was a fictional character to simplify the storyline

According to Reddit

For simplicity, I think they just created the Lion's character to help tell the story. It made it easier to say that the Lion was running Pablo's operation on the US side of things and then for them to show the Cali Cartel approaching him to "switch him over" to their side.
In reality, the takeover of the Cali Cartel wasn't quite as smooth as implied. But since the Medellin Cartel basically fell apart without Pablo, most of the dealers just bought from the Cali Cartel instead.

https://www.reddit.com/r/narcos/comments/50w8n8/who_is_the_lion_in_real_life_pablos_miami_drug/

But yeah, upset I binged watched and now nothing to tide me over.

Marsh
09-19-2016, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Is the Lion supposed to be George Jung aka Boston George?

Don't think so. Although in the first season, E01 When The Lion meets Carlos.for the first-time, the Narrator says,
"His contact was a crazy nut job named Carlos Lehder, half Colombian, half German, and 100 percent playboy. Big fan of John Lennon and Adolf Hitler. Go figure. Back in '79, this piece of work was flying bales of grass up from Colombia on a fleet of small planes."

Lehder was the guy who met Jung in prison and intro'd him to the cartels....Or in the movie Blow (if you've seen it) he was Diego Delgado.

flipstah
09-27-2016, 10:33 PM
Oh man so glad I didn't binge. Held on and it was worth it.

Dann agent Pena

max_boost
09-28-2016, 01:14 AM
Oh man it was great. Now Luke cage next week!

hurrdurr
09-28-2016, 11:01 AM
Since this is real life I don't think i need to mark as spoiler but I will anyways

I kind of feel like they should have spread out the Pablo story much longer than they did. Near the last couple of episodes it was all very meh and too much melodrama between Tata and Pablo. The core audience and main draw to this show was Pablo Escobar and now they're changing the entire focus to the Cali Cartel. I'm curious how the show will suffer or thrive without Pablo

flipstah
09-28-2016, 01:24 PM
It'll be based on the rise of the Cali Cartel so same timeline but different perspective. If they introduce Griselda Blanco, shit will get real.

95EG6P
09-28-2016, 10:05 PM
What a great season

Mitsu3000gt
10-18-2016, 10:10 AM
Really enjoyed season 2. I liked the first one because it was entertaining to see him rise to power, and the second watching him evade the authorities which we all knew eventually came to an end. He seemed shockingly careless, almost as though he wanted it to end. Tata also did absolutely nothing to hide that radio from the security team.

I'm glad they're doing season 3 with the Cali cartel, the show is well done and I'm looking forward to it.

dj_rice
08-04-2017, 05:42 AM
Ory6b2EJ3Bk

Season 3 m*thaf*ckersssss. Looks badass. Sept 1.

flipstah
08-04-2017, 08:29 AM
FLUFFY haha

tonytiger55
08-04-2017, 08:42 AM
I love this show!

dj_rice
08-17-2017, 10:27 PM
2 more weeks. :clap::clap:

Sidenote, anyone watched El Chapo. Not as action packed as Narcos but still bad ass

tonytiger55
10-04-2017, 10:27 PM
Anyone finished season three..? I just finished watching it..

Im so pissed. Hardly any boobs, ass... & it started off way too slow.

I liked the way season 1 and 2 was structured. A bit like breaking bad i.e showing a bit of the end at the beginning to make you ask questions . But this was too linear and not enough tits.. Really like wtf..?

What happened to the other blond actor guy? Im guessing he's in season 4..?

flipstah
10-05-2017, 08:27 AM
Anyone finished season three..? I just finished watching it..

Im so pissed. Hardly any boobs, ass... & it started off way too slow.

I liked the way season 1 and 2 was structured. A bit like breaking bad i.e showing a bit of the end at the beginning to make you ask questions . But this was too linear and not enough tits.. Really like wtf..?

What happened to the other blond actor guy? Im guessing he's in season 4..?

Agent Murphy retired after capturing Escobar so I don't think he's returning

dj_rice
10-05-2017, 10:07 AM
And who knows if Season 4 is being made with location scouts being shot up in Mexico

tonytiger55
10-05-2017, 10:21 AM
I was reading up on that last night. That's pretty fucked up.

D'z Nutz
09-06-2018, 11:03 PM
Narcos spinoff

ZsL4voedcJU

maryfink
09-14-2018, 07:56 AM
I watched all 3 seasons. I also liked the fact that some actors are very similar to real characters. This is great!