PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used uwrench?

btimbit
08-21-2015, 09:05 AM
I remember reading about the place on Beyond. Long story short I want to do my brakes today but don't have access to a garage at the moment, and would rather not sit in the rain if I didn't have too.

Anyone have any experience using uwrench? How was it?

EK 2.0
08-21-2015, 09:13 AM
UWrench is great.

I am not so sure how they work on short notice...but booking a couple of days in advance and I have never had issues, nor have any of my friends who have used the facility...

btimbit
08-21-2015, 09:24 AM
Thanks, that's good to know. Guess I'll call ahead if I decide to go there

EK 2.0
08-21-2015, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by btimbit
Thanks, that's good to know. Guess I'll call ahead if I decide to go there

I don't think it would hurt to give them a call today to see if they have space available, just in the past we have called a couple of days in advance to book hoist time.

And also to use their single car paint booth that for sure is an appointment style of booking system.

btimbit
08-21-2015, 12:50 PM
I just needed the space, no hoist or anything. But I called and they said they had a few walk ins because of the rain.

Hallowed_point
08-23-2015, 03:05 PM
Yes, and they're awesome. Especially Andre the South African mechanic. A very helpful fellow

gmc72
10-09-2018, 09:44 AM
I just found this place on the weekend. I called and they said that it was "First come, First serve" for their hoists. I need to install the rear brakes on my car and was going to head there on Saturday morning. Hopefully I can get in.

Has anyone been there recently? Experiences?

Thanks.

firebane
10-09-2018, 09:48 AM
I just found this place on the weekend. I called and they said that it was "First come, First serve" for their hoists. I need to install the rear brakes on my car and was going to head there on Saturday morning. Hopefully I can get in.

Thanks.

They are a bunch of grumpy ass people working there. Hope you have your own tools cause their selection is horrid.

Hallowed_point
10-09-2018, 10:10 AM

Thanks.

That's pretty stupid and inconvenient. Could they not take a credit card over the phone to book a hoist? I haven't stopped by in a few years but was planning on it in the spring.

gmc72
10-09-2018, 10:54 AM
They are a bunch of grumpy ass people working there. Hope you have your own tools cause their selection is horrid.

Thankfully I do. I just don't have the hoist or the heated garage!!!

03ozwhip
10-09-2018, 10:55 AM

Thanks.

What kind of hoist is it, because for the 4 posts you drive on, it makes no sense using one for brakes.

gmc72
10-09-2018, 10:56 AM
That's pretty stupid and inconvenient. Could they not take a credit card over the phone to book a hoist? I haven't stopped by in a few years but was planning on it in the spring.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. I guess I have an early morning on Saturday to make sure I can get in.

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of hoist is it, because for the 4 posts you drive on, it makes no sense using one for brakes.

From the pictures it looks like they have 2 post hoists.

firebane
10-09-2018, 11:19 AM

2 post; 4 point contacts hoists.

silvercivicsir
10-09-2018, 01:58 PM
went there over the summer to swap tires.. rate for on/off is good, but balancing was $10 a tire..