PDA

View Full Version : The new ugliest thing in Calgary?

Pages : [1] 2

killramos
08-25-2015, 03:13 PM
http://www.660news.com/2015/08/25/rainbow-crosswalk-emerges-downtown/

Wow so the whole homophobic argument aside is this not the ugliest thing you guys have ever seen?

http://www.660news.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/sites/8/2015/08/25/Capture1.jpg

I thought they were putting this off 17th somewhere where I wouldn't have to look at it.

They put this outside of city hall?

:barf:

How long until it snows :nut:

EK 2.0
08-25-2015, 03:15 PM
Meh, I'm indifferent.

It is what it is, and with Nenshi as our mayor things like this will get the green light especially when privately funded.

Just get someone to do a huge burnout on it, and see if the smoke will change colour as you move across it...haha...

lilmira
08-25-2015, 03:16 PM
xHBekCBhDsg

killramos
08-25-2015, 03:18 PM
They had to choose somewhere where it was 30 feet wide :rofl:

its not even tastefully done, with like colored cobblestones or something.

At least with calgarys abysmal road maintenance and snow removal this should be very temporary.

8 grand for that. I have seen better chalk drawings.

Mitsu3000gt
08-25-2015, 03:19 PM
No worse than the Peace Bridge, light-up statue thing/homeless hangout on 12th ave, or the circle on 96th ave that nobody knows isn't just a lamp post. At least this one was cheap :rofl:

Tik-Tok
08-25-2015, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Just get someone to do a huge burnout on it, and see if the smoke will change colour as you move across it...haha...

That would be funny, but I'm sure it would only take a few seconds for someone to cry "hate crime".

firebane
08-25-2015, 03:20 PM
So first... that is one shitty paint job. Also the colors aren't even spaced correctly giving my OCD a panic attack.

And in the end it looks like a bunch of grade school kids painted it.

BavarianBeast
08-25-2015, 03:20 PM
gay

Canmorite
08-25-2015, 03:21 PM
I think it looks cool. Don't understand why there's so much hate, especially when it was privately funded :dunno:

msommers
08-25-2015, 03:21 PM
I think they should have got a gay guy to design it - certainly would have been better looking.

killramos
08-25-2015, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
I think it looks cool. Don't understand why there's so much hate, especially when it was privately funded :dunno:

There is no hate, a bunch of us are saying its ugly.

Although lol at only 9 posts before someone called criticizing something super ugly as "Hate"

:facepalm:

JRSC00LUDE
08-25-2015, 03:33 PM
How stupid.

Why didn't they do something great, like hang a giant prism that would cast a rainbow over the whole city as the sun moves.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/gay_zps8dn6cvwf.jpg

suntan
08-25-2015, 03:33 PM
Looks about right for a city project.

HiTempguy1
08-25-2015, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by BavarianBeast
gay

http://orig00.deviantart.net/76e5/f/2014/004/3/7/slow_clap_meme_by_heroratchet-d70toro.gif

Bravo good sir, bravo.

Originally posted by Canmorite

Because it's f*&king hideous?

88CRX
08-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Wait, so its permanent? Saw it this morning and it looks like it will wash away after a couple rain storms.

edit: and if its privately funded you can paint whatever you want across a sidewalk? Beyond crowd funding to paint the cross walk at Stephen Ave/McLeod south?

M.alex
08-25-2015, 03:42 PM
Why do gay people feel the need to wiggle their penises infront of your face all the time just to make sure that you're aware they're gay.

Tik-Tok
08-25-2015, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by M.alex
Why do gay people feel the need to wiggle their penises infront of your face all the time just to make sure that you're aware they're gay.

Because awareness!

vengie
08-25-2015, 03:48 PM

Nothing says "flamboyant" like a massive fucking rainbow painted on a street.

JRSC00LUDE
08-25-2015, 03:51 PM

Well how would you know it's not delicious if you don't try one? They're just being polite. :dunno:

Maybe they just think you're a big ol' catfish!

lilmira
08-25-2015, 03:51 PM
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/19500000/2x05-Conjoined-Fetus-Lady-south-park-19548610-720-540.jpg

schocker
08-25-2015, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by firebane
So first... that is one shitty paint job. Also the colors aren't even spaced correctly giving my OCD a panic attack.

And in the end it looks like a bunch of grade school kids painted it.
That spacing is comically bad. :rofl:

speedog
08-25-2015, 03:55 PM
Gay women have penises?

darthVWader
08-25-2015, 03:55 PM
So this will help me go both ways?

rage2
08-25-2015, 03:56 PM
I wonder if city council would approve if we fund a flag of China crosswalk in Chinatown?

JRSC00LUDE
08-25-2015, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I wonder if city council would approve if we fund a flag of China crosswalk in Chinatown?

Maybe some yellow crossing lines would be an easier sell.

Sugarphreak
08-25-2015, 03:57 PM

Seth1968
08-25-2015, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
How stupid.

Why didn't they do something great, like hang a giant prism that would cast a rainbow over the whole city as the sun moves.

Do you even know how much it costs to install a solar tracking system:)

So 8 grand eh? Love to see the financial break down on how it costs 8 grand for $200 in paint with 0$ for labor.

JRSC00LUDE
08-25-2015, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968
So 8 grand eh? Love to see the financial break down on how it costs 8 grand for $200 in paint with 0$ for labor.

5 grand for the artist who designed the installation, 2 grand management fee for the director, 400 for materials, 600 for margaritas.

firebane
08-25-2015, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Typical Calgary.... Vancouver has a well thought out themed street complete with banners and local support, Calgary tries to copy it with a shitty paint job on a single sidewalk.

:rofl:

Crosswalk

Feruk
08-25-2015, 04:14 PM
Careful, someone on here is gonna call you an "ignorant homophobe" because you don't 100% back the gay agenda. Although I am kinda confused as to what that agenda is now. It seems to have become less about equality and more about taking their message and... blasting it in everyone's face.

speedog
08-25-2015, 04:15 PM
Why a flag of China?

On another note, I am quite amused at how stirred up people are in this thread over this. Really, who cares? Is it going to affect you in some negative way? Shit, if you're all getting this stirred up about this little bit of paint then I shudder to think how crazy you'd be if you were living in Montreal and had to experience what's done there.

JRSC00LUDE
08-25-2015, 04:18 PM
On a positive note, with a new winner crowned, is it safe to say Beyond has moved on from that chick in the Stampede threesome?

speedog
08-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Feruk

Careful, someone on here is gonna call you an "ignorant homophobe" because you don't 100% back the gay agenda. Although I am kinda confused as to what that agenda is now. It seems to have become less about equality and more about taking their message and... blasting it in everyone's face.
Actually, it's not.

Christ, I know so many gay people who never bother with this stuff - they continue on living their normal lives just like you and me and maybe catch a bit about this painted pavement on the news. What this is is the more extremist end of things - no different than the guy that preaches in front of city hall or the pan handlers one sees working 14th Street and elsewhere, they're the fringe.

Of course, maybe some of you are like a good friend of ours who was just besides themselves over what gay people did in their bedrooms and my wife said to them "what does it matter to you what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedroom?"

sexualbanana
08-25-2015, 04:20 PM

Maybe they'll tell you to put it on 17th Ave (the SE version), and make a trend of it on International Avenue

vengie
Originally posted by speedog

Why a flag of China?

On another note, I am quite amused at how stirred up people are in this thread over this. Really, who cares? Is it going to affect you in some negative way? Shit, if you're all getting this stirred up about this little bit of paint then I shudder to think how crazy you'd be if you were living in Montreal and had to experience what's done there.

The only thing that is absurd is the price tag to paint a very uneven few splotches of paint. I think that is what most people don't agree with.

Tik-Tok
Originally posted by schocker

That spacing is comically bad. :rofl:

It might be purposefully spaced that way. Starting with skinny purple, and getting incrementally bigger until red. I haven't seen it in person, just judging by the photo.

speedog
08-25-2015, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by vengie
The only thing that is absurd is the price tag to paint a very uneven few splotches of paint. I think that is what most people don't agree with.
Why do you care - it was privately funded.

suntan
08-25-2015, 04:24 PM
$8000 raised privately. I think someone got ripped off.

rage2
08-25-2015, 04:24 PM
Why a flag of China?
Because there are Chinese people in Chinatown? :dunno:

Tik-Tok
08-25-2015, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by suntan
$8000 raised privately. I think someone got ripped off.

Gotta have enough for the city official bribes, and they're still asking for donations :rofl:

vengie
08-25-2015, 04:25 PM

Why do you care - it was privately funded.

I stand corrected, jumped to conclusions without reading the article.

However, one quote stood out to me.

“We all agreed it should be in the most public place possible, which is right in front of City Hall.”

Why should it be in the most public place possible? This is taking pride to the extreme and throwing it in everyone's face.

riander5
08-25-2015, 04:28 PM
Homophobes

Tik-Tok
08-25-2015, 04:28 PM
Hmm, I wonder if I can raise some money for a painted crosswalk. Maybe to raise awareness for speeding. I'm thinking a nice big "80KM/H" on Memorial?

Sugarphreak
08-25-2015, 04:32 PM

speedog
08-25-2015, 04:35 PM

I stand corrected, jumped to conclusions without reading the article.

However, one quote stood out to me.

“We all agreed it should be in the most public place possible, which is right in front of City Hall.”

Why should it be in the most public place possible? This is taking pride to the extreme and throwing it in everyone's face.
Why does it matter to you so much? Like I said before, is it going to affect you in some negative way? Now I suppose if you had a car accident down there, you could claim you were distracted by the paint but aside from that, I just don't see what the big deal is.

vengie
08-25-2015, 04:38 PM

Why does it matter to you so much? Like I said before, is it going to affect you in some negative way? Now I suppose if you had a car accident down there, you could claim you were distracted by the paint but aside from that, I just don't see what the big deal is.

I care because it is yet another instance of catering to a special interest group. Pretty arrogant to say "our message is better than anyone else's! So instead of being grateful for the city giving us a crosswalk in general, let's push to have it right in front of city hall!! Otherwise they are all homophobic pigs!!"
Sure that may be exaggerated, but the point still stands.

It's more a question of where do you draw the line.

rx7_turbo2
08-25-2015, 04:41 PM
For me it has nothing to do with the colours or what they represent. It's just been executed very poorly.

I have an Aunt that organized with her community to paint a crosswalk near the local school. It was kind of a sports montage and paid for privately, so this rainbow isn't unprecedented.

speedog
08-25-2015, 04:42 PM

I care because it is yet another instance of catering to a special interest group. Pretty arrogant to say "our message is better than anyone else's! So instead of being grateful for the city giving us a crosswalk in general, let's push to have it right in front of city hall!! Otherwise they are all homophobic pigs!!"
Sure that may be exaggerated, but the point still stands.

It's more a question of where do you draw the line.
Shit, the CoC caters to special interest groups all the time and many times just as visibly as this if not more. How many ethnic events are there that take over a park here or there including high profile parks like Prince's Island? So why is it that a few hundred square feet of pavement being painted up for a while is just so bad?

Ninja edit...

A couple of examples - the CDLC will be using Olympic Plaza for their 7th annual CDLC Labour Day BBQ. Why should this special interest group be able to take over a whole park?

The Calgary Highland Games take over Springbank Park for a weekend. Why is it so important that a bunch of Scottish people be able to get together to toss around wood and stuff?

People into auto racing screaming that the CoC took away Race City - certainly this is just another special interest group that did a bunch of pissing and moaning and if my memory serves me correctly, they had some sort of loosely organized rally downtown as well.

killramos
08-25-2015, 04:48 PM
I am honestly surprised there is not a clause in the TSA about how crosswalks need to be painted...

suntan
08-25-2015, 04:49 PM
You'd think they could've gotten some better artists... I mean gee of all the people...

killramos
08-25-2015, 04:49 PM

Shit, the CoC caters to special interest groups all the time and many times just as visibly as this if not more. How many ethnic events are there that take over a park here or there including high profile parks like Prince's Island? So why is it that a few hundred square feet of pavement being painted up for a while is just so bad?

Ninja edit...

A couple of examples - the CDLC will be using Olympic Plaza for their 7th annual CDLC Labour Day BBQ. Why should this special interest group be able to take over a whole park?

The Calgary Highland Games take over Springbank Park for a weekend. Why is it so important that a bunch of Scottish people be ale to get together to toss around wood and stuff?

This is permanent. It's not there for a "little while".

And as for your race city comment. I will shut my mouth about everything nenshi does the day we get to built a road course around city hall :rofl:

speedog
08-25-2015, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by killramos
I am honestly surprised there is not a clause in the TSA about how crosswalks need to be painted...
You would think so but crosswalks and how they're painted change from one municipality to the next. Hell, there' snot even consistency in Calgary but that probably be those damn special-interest group union guys and gals messing up.

vengie
08-25-2015, 04:51 PM

Ninja edit...

The Calgary Highland Games take over Springbank Park for a weekend. Why is it so important that a bunch of Scottish people be able to get together to toss around wood and stuff?

People into auto racing screaming that the CoC took away Race City - certainly this is just another special interest group that did a bunch of pissing and moaning and if my memory serves me correctly, they had some sort of loosely organized rally downtown as well.

Those are short term events, and by no means compare to a permanent fixture.

Actually nvm, it's not worth the time and effort attempting a debate with you.

speedog
08-25-2015, 04:52 PM

This is permanent. It's not there for a "little while".
It's not permanent, mark my words.

BerserkerCatSplat
08-25-2015, 04:55 PM
Typical Calgary.... Vancouver has a well thought out themed street complete with banners and local support, Calgary tries to copy it with a shitty paint job on a single sidewalk.

Hah, that's totally it, isn't it? CoC council sees other cities with interesting or provocative things, and they go OMG WE WANT TO BE CULTURED TOO! So they throw some money at it (or approve of other people throwing money at it) but instead of interesting items of culture that the other cities have, we wind up with expensive yet crazy half-assed projects like the Blue Ring and this terribad crosswalk. It's a neat idea in theory but the execution is horrible and it's hideous.

suntan
08-25-2015, 04:55 PM
From the CH:

Sklenar said Pride Calgary was thrilled the city approved the painting at such a prominent location, although a previously scheduled paving will cover it in a few weeks.

speedog
08-25-2015, 04:57 PM
Those are short term events, and by no means compare to a permanent fixture.

Actually nvm, it's not worth the time and effort attempting a debate with you.
Holy crap, where did you read that it is a permanent fixture?

Can't be the linked Metro news article because it said nothing of the sort in there. Please provide a link to where you read this.

ee2k
08-25-2015, 05:02 PM
However tacky, it's a big step for anything like this to happen in a city like Calgary.

Location wise, it is well suited with the City being fully supportive of the cause. It's also close to the pride parade start point. There is no gay neighborhood in Calgary (in Vancouver the crosswalk is on Davie St.)

I can think of many other ugly things in Calgary that are more permanent in nature. Work quality wise, I'm sure there are many gays that are already judging it, but all's good.

As far as the whole "special interest groups" rhetoric, this is more about human rights as opposed to an individual group being raised higher than others. Let's be proud that we live in a City that is inclusive of all.

killramos
08-25-2015, 05:03 PM

Can't be the linked Metro news article because it said nothing of the sort in there. Please provide a link to where you read this.

The pacing over it thing is a recent development. It was always intended to be permanent. This isn't a new story. The news is that it was done and where they did it (not on 17th like they said) and that it was horribly done.

Maxt
08-25-2015, 05:03 PM
From the CH:
Sklenar said Pride Calgary was thrilled the city approved the painting at such a prominent location, although a previously scheduled paving will cover it in a few weeks.

Then it will be a Black pride crosswalk?

lilmira
08-25-2015, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Maxt

Then it will be a Black pride crosswalk?

They already have their pavement. White people get their sidewalk. Where is yellow and brown?

vengie
08-25-2015, 05:10 PM

I'm trying to figure out if you're naive, or just like to argue just to argue.

killramos
08-25-2015, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by lilmira

They already have their pavement. White people get their sidewalk. Where is yellow and brown?

There are plenty of dirt paths in the city lol.

We aren't lacking I. The yellow department though.

At least Vancouver is progressive enough to have a giant sulfur pile across from downtown.

And also there goes my thread about an ugly fixture in calgary, now purely a thread on intolerance. Hahaha

suntan
08-25-2015, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by ee2k
However tacky, it's a big step for anything like this to happen in a city like Calgary.

Location wise, it is well suited with the City being fully supportive of the cause. It's also close to the pride parade start point. There is no gay neighborhood in Calgary (in Vancouver the crosswalk is on Davie St.)

I can think of many other ugly things in Calgary that are more permanent in nature. Work quality wise, I'm sure there are many gays that are already judging it, but all's good.

As far as the whole "special interest groups" rhetoric, this is more about human rights as opposed to an individual group being raised higher than others. Let's be proud that we live in a City that is inclusive of all. Having things like a "gay neighbourhood" is worse. Jesus let's stick all the fags in one area - I think the Nazis did that too.

speedog
08-25-2015, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by lilmira

Near the DI where the homeless do their business?

I kid.

speedog
08-25-2015, 05:18 PM
I'm trying to figure out if you're naive, or just like to argue just to argue.
I'm just trying to figure out where you got your information - just provide a link and I'll admit you're correct. So far, no one has provided any proof that this was supposed to be a permanent fixture.

rx7_turbo2
08-25-2015, 05:20 PM
this is more about human rights as opposed to an individual group being raised higher than others.

Rainbow Crosswalk = Human Rights :clap:

ee2k
08-25-2015, 05:21 PM
Having things like a "gay neighbourhood" is worse. Jesus let's stick all the fags in one area - I think the Nazis did that too.

And that's what great about Calgary. The gays or any other group does not need their own neighborhood. That's what needs to be celebrated.

killramos
08-25-2015, 05:22 PM

I'm just trying to figure out where you got your information - just provide a link and I'll admit you're correct. So far, no one has provided any proof that this was supposed to be a permanent fixture.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/chu-put-rainbow-crosswalks-at-17th-avenue-and-4th-street-sw

IT WAS ALWAYS INTENDED TO BE PERMANENT.

Ttyl

Btw all that took was a Google of "calgary pride crosswalk permanent"

ee2k
08-25-2015, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Rainbow Crosswalk = Human Rights :clap:

Clearly you're not looking beyond the pavement. It's about acceptance, celebration.

killramos
08-25-2015, 05:24 PM

Clearly you're not looking beyond the pavement. It's about acceptance, celebration.

Why in the hell should someone's sexual preferences be celebrated :nut:

vengie
08-25-2015, 05:24 PM

I'm just trying to figure out where you got your information - just provide a link and I'll admit you're correct. So far, no one has provided any proof that this was supposed to be a permanent fixture. http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/chu-put-rainbow-crosswalks-at-17th-avenue-and-4th-street-sw

rx7_turbo2
08-25-2015, 05:25 PM

Rainbow Crosswalk = Acceptance & Celebration :clap:

suntan
08-25-2015, 05:25 PM

And that's what great about Calgary. The gays or any other group does not need their own neighborhood. That's what needs to be celebrated. "The gays". Fuck's sake just shut the fuck up now. :nut:

ee2k
08-25-2015, 05:28 PM

Why in the hell should someone's sexual preferences be celebrated :nut:

What's being celebrated is that we are inclusive no matter what creed, identity we all have as citizens of the city. No one cares what or who you do in bed.

rx7_turbo2
08-25-2015, 05:31 PM
What's being celebrated is that we are inclusive no matter what creed, identity we all have as citizens of the city. No one cares what or who you do in bed.

Rainbow Crosswalk = Inclusiveness :clap:

Maxt
08-25-2015, 05:34 PM

We need a "no one cares" flag.

suntan
08-25-2015, 05:34 PM

What's being celebrated is that we are inclusive no matter what creed, identity we all have as citizens of the city. No one cares what or who you do in bed. Are you just another boring white guy?

Yeah dude, let me tell you as a minority, this city is a loooong way from being as inclusive as you think. A painted crosswalk is literally the least that can be done other than nothing.

Fuck, look at the dipshit posters on here like bspot and kertejud2 that judge people based on where they live.

speedog
08-25-2015, 05:39 PM
The Calgary Herald news article is from June 2, 2015 when it was a proposal. Show me something that speaks of what was actually done and it's permanance.

ZenOps
08-25-2015, 05:39 PM
Looks like the end of the world homeland security chart.

Purple alert!

vengie
08-25-2015, 05:44 PM
The Calgary Herald news article is from June 2, 2015 when it was a proposal. Show me something that speaks of what was actually done and it's permanance.

So you are both naive AND enjoy arguing. Good to know.

speedog
08-25-2015, 05:48 PM

And also there goes my thread about an ugly fixture in calgary, now purely a thread on intolerance. Hahaha
On beyond?

Surely you jest.

HiTempguy1
08-25-2015, 05:58 PM
There is no gay neighborhood in Calgary (in Vancouver the crosswalk is on Davie St.)

Can I have a district STRICTLY associated with white straight people? Is that cool?

AWESOME :thumbsup: Hurray for equality and human rights!

a bit about this painted pavement on the news. What this is is the more extremist end of things - no different than the guy that preaches in front of city hall or the pan handlers one sees working 14th Street and elsewhere, they're the fringe.

what does it matter to you what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedroom

Again, when someone can do what I said above (where is the straight hetero flag?? :rofl: ) and have it painted on the street, I'm totally cool with that. But I wouldn't care because #spoileralert, none of us give a crap OR want to know that you like dicks in the ass.

Its cool, we get it. You're different. Congratulations, here's your "just like everyone else differentness" medal. We'd be having the same conversation about any other group that put something so blatantly ugly and tacky down. Hell, why not have a memorable quote? But instead we get this shit.

Now I want to do a kickstarter campaign for a painting of dickbutts on a crosswalk, because why the hell not? :rofl: I can feel my HUMAN RIGHTS BEING TRAMPLED ALREADY :whipped:

xnvy
08-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Having things like a "gay neighbourhood"; is worse. Jesus let's stick all the fags in one area - I think the Nazis did that too. I can't tell if you're serious. You're writing as though if you're gay and move to Vancouver they force you to live in Davie, from where you can't leave. I can't see how a predominantly LGBT neighbourhood can be construed as a bad or discriminatory thing. I see it much the same way as Chinatown or something, where you can go live in an area with people from the background but in this case it's just sexuality.

In fact if you go to Davie, it's similar to many other neighbourhoods in Vancouver. I was staying at a nearby hostel and would alk through it on my way to Robson St and I felt it looks a lot like 17th Ave here in Calgary except with rainbow flag crosswalks (done in a much more aesthetically pleasing way than the one in this thread) and flags on the light posts. That neighbourhood is all pride and happiness, no discrimination.

killramos
08-25-2015, 06:03 PM
I think we should have a blowjobs pride crosswalk.

Now that is something I would be into celebrating.

Since we have one kind of sexual preference crosswalk I don't see the problem.

We could put it across from the strippers :rofl:

vengie
08-25-2015, 06:06 PM
I think we should come together and propose a "because we can" crosswalk. Literally have the words painted across the crosswalk.

ee2k
08-25-2015, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Can I have a district STRICTLY associated with white straight people? Is that cool?

AWESOME :thumbsup: Hurray for equality and human rights!

My statement about gay neighborhood was not to be marked as a negative trait of the city, only that there is no de facto neighborhood to suggesting painting it in.

In Vancouver, you'll notice that many within the LGBT community are moving away from the Davie Village for there is no need for life in such concentrated neighborhood (given the societal acceptance and sense of security etc that has come and grown over the decades.) There is no need for such neighborhood in Calgary either.

Are you just another boring white guy?

Yeah dude, let me tell you as a minority, this city is a loooong way from being as inclusive as you think. A painted crosswalk is literally the least that can be done other than nothing.

Fuck, look at the dipshit posters on here like bspot and kertejud2 that judge people based on where they live.

Boring white guy? Far far from it. The city may be a long way from being all inclusive (I don't know what areas are bothersome to you,) but it takes time and many small steps for it to get to where you want it to be.

Tik-Tok
08-25-2015, 06:30 PM
I'm starting to think we should do every street in the city like this....

http://vgmdaily.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/gfs_14047_2_6.jpg

btimbit
08-25-2015, 06:38 PM
No problem with the idea, but they could have at least made it look good.

lilmira
08-25-2015, 06:53 PM
X'mas and Halloween? Don't you dare mention those words.

JRSC00LUDE
08-25-2015, 07:02 PM
Ban straight people. Tan white people.

Everyone's happy.

rage2
08-25-2015, 07:31 PM

You guys realize that this sidewalk has absolutely nothing to do with copying Van, or supporting gay rights right? This was proposed by Sean Chu as an apology after he tweeted this:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2014658/calgary-city-councillor-sean-chu-faces-backlash-over-tweet/

Comparing bitching about bike lanes to Ireland's gay marriage policy, which was honestly social media'd out of proportion. So it's basically our bike lane's fault that we ended up with a rainbow crosswalk.

D'z Nutz
08-25-2015, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I'm starting to think we should do every street in the city like this....

http://vgmdaily.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/gfs_14047_2_6.jpg

FTFY

http://i.imgur.com/9Sc3zB6.jpg

cyra1ax
08-25-2015, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

FTFY

Fuck almost missed the bike lanes :rofl: :rofl:

CompletelyNumb
08-25-2015, 08:32 PM

vengie
08-25-2015, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

FTFY

This is the best thing ever! Ahaha!

Go4Long
08-25-2015, 08:54 PM

So it's basically our bike lane's fault that we ended up with a rainbow crosswalk.

ah good...blame this stupid project on that stupid project...lol

Stuart
08-25-2015, 09:10 PM
While I was in Fort Macleod on the weekend i noticed that they had a similar idea, a simple 6 foot spurting cock was painted on one of the roads (damn I regret not taking a picture)

msommers
08-25-2015, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by cyra1ax

Fuck almost missed the bike lanes :rofl: :rofl:

I would have missed them otherwise :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sugarphreak
08-25-2015, 09:55 PM