PDA

View Full Version : 3 out of 4 rims bent!

jabjab
08-25-2015, 09:30 PM
Bought some rims off of kijji in edmonton without tires and everything appeared fine. Rims looked great except for a few dings here and there.

Got them mounted on new tires and drove back. Noticed some wobble on the highway at higher speeds so I brought them to Urban expressions (great customer service by the way). They squeezed me in without an appointment.

Turns out that a local wheel store sold me the wrong hub ring that caused my 2 of my tires to lose two bolts.

In ADDITION they told me that 3 out of 4 of my rims are bent (although not noticable) that effects the balalncing.

For the people that have fixed rims due to bends would you got Alberta Wheel repair or Andre at alloy wheel repair. They are mentioned on a few prevous threads but hoping to hear from someone who has used both. Pretty much not looking to get raped in price but also require quality work.

Shane@GoldRush
08-25-2015, 10:00 PM
I've used Kwick Silver. He's pretty good!

italianstylez
08-25-2015, 10:39 PM
Lately Alberta wheels been crap, Andre is good for bends some of his visual stuff is questionable but his prices are reasonable

'93 SR-V
08-26-2015, 12:17 PM
I've used both Alberta Wheel Repair and Alloy and would probably use Alloy for bends. I hear good things about Kwick Silver but the one time I wanted to try them they never answered any of my calls or e-mails.

jabjab
08-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by '93 SR-V
I've used both Alberta Wheel Repair and Alloy and would probably use Alloy for bends. I hear good things about Kwick Silver but the one time I wanted to try them they never answered any of my calls or e-mails.

That is the generally i've been hearing. AWR for cracks and Alloy for bends. I left a message for Kwick Silver.

Hopefully they are priced based on how bad the bend is. I didn't even notice any bends while the tires were getting mounted.