PDA

View Full Version : Do Pool Halls Exist in Calgary Anymore?

sexualbanana
08-26-2015, 10:06 AM
Looking for a classier place to play pool for work. I'm thinking a place more like Great White (back in the day), than divey places like Olympus.

killramos
08-26-2015, 10:10 AM
Mikes is one on 32nd, moved from Edmonton trail location?

Tons of decent bars have a few tables.

:dunno:

Mibz
08-26-2015, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Looking for a classier place to play pool for work. I'm thinking a place more like Great White (back in the day), than divey places like Olympus. Great White turned into Chill, which was run by the son of the owner of Chalks. Not sure if it's still around but both places had quality tables. What aspects of a dive are you looking to avoid?

sexualbanana
08-26-2015, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
Great White turned into Chill, which was run by the son of the owner of Chalks. Not sure if it's still around but both places had quality tables. What aspects of a dive are you looking to avoid?

It's for a work event, and I work for lawyers. And, as generally unpretentious as our lawyers are, we still want to keep it a little classy.

spikerS
08-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Hidden spot is just off 32nd, and mikes family billiards has reopened on 32nd as well in the same building as PM hobbycraft.

killramos
08-26-2015, 10:52 AM

It's for a work event, and I work for lawyers. And, as generally unpretentious as our lawyers are, we still want to keep it a little classy.

How many tables do you need?

dirtsniffer
08-26-2015, 10:54 AM
I thought great white was on heritage and turned into an auto value or something? Before Chill it was OC's, but that guy was a cheap fuck anyways. In general pool halls are disappearing over time. Classic Q and the hideout are also gone.

Stix has really gone down hill over the last 5 years. I would not bother.

Chill is Near macleod and canyon meadows drive. Not a classy place but its one of the nicer pool halls. Tables are a little more of a challenge then at chalks.

Chalks is on bannister road, a little smaller than chill, tables are in good shape.

Either one would suit your purpose.

I wouldn't know anything North, but it's not like there is anything classy up there anyways.

mr2mike
08-26-2015, 10:54 AM
Doesn't the Garage in Eau Claire have a lot of tables still? Go there, probably closer to your firm too... assuming DT location.

max_boost
08-26-2015, 10:55 AM
What about Garage Eau Claire?! http://www.the-garage.ca/

killramos
08-26-2015, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Doesn't the Garage in Eau Claire have a lot of tables still? Go there, probably closer to your firm too... assuming DT location.

This was my thought but wanted to see how many tables he needed first. Garage is a nice spot we do tons of company team building events there.

Good food to.

dirtsniffer
08-26-2015, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by mr2mike

Forgot about the garage, good idea!

Sugarphreak
08-26-2015, 11:12 AM

sexualbanana
08-26-2015, 11:44 AM
Garage came up. But there was some mention that they were going through some renos or something that was related to the whole Eau Claire redevelopment.

Mibz
08-26-2015, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
I thought great white was on heritage and turned into an auto value or something? Before Chill it was OC's, but that guy was a cheap fuck anyways. Gah, you're right, I mixed up GW and OCs.

killramos
08-26-2015, 01:04 PM
Garage came up. But there was some mention that they were going through some renos or something that was related to the whole Eau Claire redevelopment.

Have you called them to actually ask about this?

Because I'm pretty sure noone is renovating anything in Eau Claire considering the mall is being knocked down :rofl: