PDA

View Full Version : Election crap.

Seth1968
08-26-2015, 03:12 PM
The NDP and Libs are promising "money for everyone" in various campaign promises.

Uhh...Maybe it's just me, but I haven't seen any indication of how we're going to pay for such things.

JRSC00LUDE
08-26-2015, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968
The NDP and Libs are promising "money for everyone" in various campaign promises.

Uhh...Maybe it's just me, but I haven't seen any indication of we're going to pay for such things.

Well by throttling oil development of course. :nut:

killramos
08-26-2015, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Well by throttling oil development of course. :nut:

Dutch Disease!

sr20s14zenki
08-26-2015, 03:25 PM
They are all full of shit. Its pretty obvious.

rage2
08-26-2015, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968

Uhh...Maybe it's just me, but I haven't seen any indication of how we're going to pay for such things.
They're also pointing each other out that they don't have a way to pay for it, which is hilarious.

nzwasp
08-26-2015, 03:38 PM
Anyone done that macleans compass thing, i did 30 out of 80 proposals and it picked me as liberal then con. Did 80 and it picked me as green, then con, then ndp then lib.

Feruk
08-26-2015, 03:40 PM
The difference in the Conservatives have one-upped them. They've already proven they can't balance a budget. Year after year for that matter. :nut:

My take: All three are gonna make us worse off economically. If only the Liberals would come out and make a strong stance against C-51, they'd have this election in the bag. Instead, I might be stuck not voting, as I sure as hell ain't voting Conservative again.

schocker
08-26-2015, 03:44 PM
Remove income splitting, save $2b, bring in the $15 child care which supposedly only costs $5b but he has sad there will be no deficit. I would like to see their numbers.

ZenOps
08-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Print more money.

Harper did it and came out with a few Billion surplus for a while. Of course, if you had to print a few hundred Billion to get that Billion dollar surplus I don't know if its much more than a paper win.

Xtrema
08-26-2015, 05:33 PM
Harper already got the party going with Income Splitting and TFSA. So they have to come up with some alternatives.

Anyway, all the promises are toward family with kids, and here's what I think I can decipher:

Con:

Child tax benefit = incoming splitting

My take: Good for couples with huge differential in income. Sucks for everyone else.

Lib:

Completely wipe all the Conservative's programs and create a new one scale on family income. If you hit $200K per family, you get nothing. But you will get more than the conservative's programs as long as you don't make a lot of $ and it's tax free.

My take: Seem to be a fair approach, help those who needs it, unlike incoming splitting.

NDP:

Keep everything Conservative is proposing and add $15/day child care.

My take: Will either sink too much money trying to subsidize child care or turn child care into a costly government institution. Do not want.

I don't know what kind of market manipulation for NDP to pull that off but it's the most unrealistic of the bunch. Liberal's approach seems the most balance and reasonable on this one. Con is just giving you a stack of cash.

In the end, we can't afford any of these 3 programs, especially now.

Feruk
08-27-2015, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by ZenOps
Harper did it and came out with a few Billion surplus for a while.

What surplus? He's run a deficit every single year since 2008... Worse, he announced an expected surplus for 2015, but even the Bank of Canada is calling him a liar.

Xtrema
08-27-2015, 11:55 AM
Well looks like NDP isn't keeping incoming splitting, just cheap child care.

So it's not as crazy of a plan, still nuts.

ExtraSlow
08-27-2015, 12:03 PM
Fuck, I needed cheap childcare four years ago, it's not going to help me much now. Boo to NDP.

Income splitting has been pretty profitable for my family, but I still think it's a stupid policy.

sputnik
08-27-2015, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Fuck, I needed cheap childcare four years ago, it's not going to help me much now. Boo to NDP.

Income splitting has been pretty profitable for my family, but I still think it's a stupid policy.

Cheap childcare is a pipe dream that the NDP can't deliver. The demands for childcare workers would result in over filled facilities, under qualified workers and a HUGE tax burden on Canada as rents and salaries climb due to demand.

Then you end up with "private childcare" facilities charging more for "better" service to those that can afford it and the government subsidized spots are left for the rest.

Harper has it right. Put the cash in the pockets of parents and let them decide what to do with it.

ExtraSlow
08-27-2015, 01:07 PM
Even in Quebec, where they have had massively subsidized childcare for a long time, they can't create enough spots for all the kids. It's a gong show of inefficient market interference.

SmAcKpOo
08-27-2015, 03:47 PM
I saw Justin last night talking about "austerity" as it was like the Conservatives were going to turn us in to Greece.

Liberals lots my vote with that comment. Does Justin think we are idiots? If austerity means not implementing programs we can't pay for then I am all for it.