PDA

View Full Version : Best Banh Xeo in Calgary?

Teknix
08-28-2015, 11:06 AM
I've always wanted to try a legit Banh Xeo and I wish I could fly to Vietnam and eat on on the streets of Saigon, But thats not an option.

So I'm on the hunt for the best Banh Xeo in calgary. I did a google search and found this place "Kol3". But looks like it closed a few years ago.. I've tried TNK but it was 80% beansprouts with no meat but a few Shrimps.

Any suggestions? Thanks folks.

Disoblige
08-28-2015, 11:14 AM
Although this is not entirely helpful, the best place IMO is home. It's pretty easy to make and you can load it up however you like it. I was never impressed with any I found in a restaurant in Calgary.

phreezee
08-28-2015, 11:18 AM
^^this
It's usually terribly done in restaurants. The ingredients are easy, but the tecnique to get a nice thin crispy crepe isn't common.

Prelude_dude
08-28-2015, 11:28 AM
Also horribly over priced at most places as well.

dj_rice
08-28-2015, 10:35 PM
Good question. I've never actually ate restaurant Banh Xeo since I'm Nammer so my moms makes it when I'm in town visiting. So looking forward to hearing the results

diamondedge
08-29-2015, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Good question. I've never actually ate restaurant Banh Xeo since I'm Nammer so my moms makes it when I'm in town visiting. So looking forward to hearing the results

True. Homemade is best made.

The one at TNK was just OK. Batter fairly thick (good crunch though), bean sprouts galore, some meat and shrimps.

Thing was hefty AF though

gatorade
08-31-2015, 11:57 PM
I didn't even know any restaurants in Calgary even made ban xeo

cancer man
09-01-2015, 03:33 AM
Co Do makes it but i don't know if they are still open.