PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye AMG, Hello...

shakalaka
08-28-2015, 03:57 PM
///M

You guys will recall that I had a C63 before; thread here

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/372153/i-said-i-would/

I first got into MB when I got a C350. That's when I discovered the C63 AMG and got it after a year and half with the C350. C63 soon became the Beyond Civic, or it was already at that point but I loved the torque factor and the pure awesome noise it made. Even though I wanted a coupe, I settled for the sedan because of the deal I got on it. My first true love was always a M3 albeit an E46 M3 even before I got the C63 but I never really did get a chance to get that. E92's took a long time to grow on me but by the end of their generation, I was a big fan. I had an awesome 2 years with the C63 but as always, got bored near the end and wanted to switch to something different. Tossed around several ideas like the S5, 435, M4 and C63S etc and some other cars like the GTR and RS5. Essentially, my one criteria was preferably something AWD so I even considered a Jeep SRT at one point. However, always end up finding something wrong with each car. S5 wasn't fast enough, 4-Series felt like a downgrade in terms of power like the S5. The new M4 was awesome but didn't have a V8, the C63S was sedan only again plus I wasn't sold on the looks of it completely. They of course weren't AWD either.

The GTR was a top contender and it maybe become that again down the line, but the fact that it was a Nissan turned me off it as I didn't want to lose the 'luxury' factor either. RS5 would have been great being AWD and coupe and I almost went ahead with it but the Audi dealer here just couldn't make the deal enticing enough for me and I felt like I would be losing too much money on the C63. 911 Turbo may have been the perfect option, but I will have to wait a while before I can get that. Anyway, low and behold one day browsing on the CalgaryBMW website, I discover this 2012 E92 M3 and instantly fell in love with everything it had to offer so less than a week later, I had it. I obviously immediately knew that my one main criteria of the car being an AWD will not be fulfilled by it but I just didn't care at this point as I was simply in love with this car. I figured that C63 was manageable enough in the winter with all that low end torque, the M3 would only be better as it isn't going to be as nuts.

Ended up with a 2012 E92 M3 with pretty much every single option out there. ZCP, DCT, Nav, Multimedia, APPS etc. Also the colour is Brass Metallic Paintworks which is one of one in North America. Normally I wouldn't care about this but the fact that it's so damn rare I quite like it now. Before I decided on it, I didn't know how rare the colour was and when the sales guy told me, I was happily surprised. In the sun it shows shades of Gold and looks dark green in the dark. Pictures don't quite do it justice and it looks much nicer in person. The whole deal was made so much sweeter when I discovered it had the Dinan exhaust, carbon fibre intake and software on it. The exhaust note was one thing that I thought I would miss from the C63 but quite honestly I love this so much more. Dina makes the car sound absolutely amazing. It sounds like an exotic ripping through the gears when driven in standard mode with the DCT.

Anyway, without further adieu I don't have that many pics of it but here it is...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/karanaujla/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150822_124608.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/karanaujla/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150827_143127.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/karanaujla/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150827_143145_edit.jpg

Unlike the C63, I mostly intend to keep this vehicle stock expect for maybe a couple of carbon fibre pieces. Just put the Lux Angel Eyes and quite like them. I need someone with camera skills to take some nice pictures of it!

max_boost
08-28-2015, 03:59 PM
You finally did it. No more threads! Yay!

aha Enjoy it bud. :thumbsup: :burnout:

J.M.
08-28-2015, 04:03 PM
nice ride man!! :thumbsup:

shakalaka
08-28-2015, 04:03 PM
Haha I stopped making threads a little while ago about this! I will be back in 2 years or so when/if I get bored of this one. :poosie:

flipstah
08-28-2015, 04:13 PM
Dat brown doe... Mmm.

xnvy
08-28-2015, 04:15 PM
Congrats man! That colour is beautiful. Classy and understated.

Disoblige
08-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Good to change it up once in a while.
Very subtle looking and it doesn't scream "look at me!"

nykz
08-28-2015, 04:28 PM
Nice, congrats! Love the colour, very unique :thumbsup:

dirtsniffer
08-28-2015, 04:39 PM
Brass is supafucking rare. Brass e46 m3 is so awesome and I assume this looks just as good in person!

nismodrifter
08-28-2015, 04:47 PM
Saw your C63 around Edmonton (usually 109th) a bunch of times when I was there, was pimp. Love the colour of the new car. Enjoy.

03ozwhip
08-28-2015, 04:48 PM
Killer! When you come out to calgary we will get together for a photo Op! GoNsho you're booked lol

E46..sTyLez
08-28-2015, 05:11 PM
Beauty! Congrats!

VWEvo
08-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Enjoy, I miss my E93 M3 like crazy, it was an amazing car

01RedDX
08-28-2015, 05:27 PM

shakalaka
08-28-2015, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by J.M.
nice ride man!! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Originally posted by flipstah
Dat brown doe... Mmm.

Perhaps in pictures it looks brown but not at all in person!

Originally posted by xnvy
Congrats man! That colour is beautiful. Classy and understated.

Thanks, I like it more every time I look at it.

Originally posted by Disoblige
Good to change it up once in a while.
Very subtle looking and it doesn't scream "look at me!"

I seem to get bored quite frequently no matter how nice of a car it is. Hopefully this one will keep me calm for a while.

Originally posted by nykz
Nice, congrats! Love the colour, very unique :thumbsup:

Thanks so much, it's definitely rare for at least this generation of M3's.

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Brass is supafucking rare. Brass e46 m3 is so awesome and I assume this looks just as good in person!

Yup, the sales guy told me that they made a few of these for E46 but only one for E92. Glad to have the one. Looks amazing in person, I need to take better pics in the sun.

Originally posted by nismodrifter
Saw your C63 around Edmonton (usually 109th) a bunch of times when I was there, was pimp. Love the colour of the new car. Enjoy.

I live on 105 street and 104 ave right across Grant Mac so yea that's my area and take 109 quite frequently! Thanks!

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
Killer! When you come out to calgary we will get together for a photo Op! GoNsho you're booked lol

I am there on the long weekend Sunday next, perhaps something can be planned for then?

Originally posted by E46..sTyLez
Beauty! Congrats!

Thanks!

Originally posted by VWEvo
Enjoy, I miss my E93 M3 like crazy, it was an amazing car

So far I don't regret the decision of switching from the C63 inspite of lot less torque!

Originally posted by 01RedDX
Bitchin' cabrio, congrats.

This is actually the coupe with a carbon fibre roof not convertible.

01RedDX
08-28-2015, 06:06 PM

03ozwhip
08-28-2015, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka

I am there on the long weekend Sunday next, perhaps something can be planned for then?

. [/B]

I'll talk to my buddy and see what he can do!

jdmXSI
08-28-2015, 10:38 PM
Congrats, love that colour!

Team_Mclaren
08-28-2015, 10:44 PM
Since I'm sure you took a hit on trade-in on the AMG, im not sure this is a "good" move on a comparable vehicle. Obviously it's a nice car, but not sure if that's worth it imo.

Nice M tho.

Crazyjoker77
08-29-2015, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
Since I'm sure you took a hit on trade-in on the AMG, im not sure this is a "good" move on a comparable vehicle. Obviously it's a nice car, but not sure if that's worth it imo.

Nice M tho.

Anything that gets you out of a MB is a "good move"

Gratz on the car.

Blue
08-29-2015, 01:10 AM
Congrats, now you need new rims haha

redline
08-29-2015, 06:14 AM
I love that Color😎 I remember when Calgary bow had it in the show room. There is a e46 m3 in that Color in Calgary as well.

E9x exhaust is a must upgrade stock is too quit

Congrats on the purchase :drool: :drool: :drool:

shakalaka
08-29-2015, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

Nice M tho.

Actually my C63 had an accident on it that was worth $30k. Keeping that in consideration I got a fairly decent trade in value and didn't get any negative equity on it. That was part of the reason as to why I got a 'good' deal on it initially and why I wanted to flip it before I put too much mileage on it and it still had warranty.

Originally posted by Blue
Congrats, now you need new rims haha

I actually love the 19" ZCP rims so most likely won't be changing unless I get this powder coated satin black then that would be perfect.

Originally posted by redline
I love that Color😎 I remember when Calgary bow had it in the show room. There is a e46 m3 in that Color in Calgary as well.

E9x exhaust is a must upgrade stock is too quit

Congrats on the purchase :drool: :drool: :drool:

Agree on the exhaust. That was my biggest fear coming from a tuned and partially straight piped AMG but Dinan took care of that fear quite nicely. Can't say enough how amazing it sounds.

s2k_boi
08-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Congrats. Looks nice. I'm sure i know who owned it prior to you. He traded it for a m4 and works as a bmw tech. So the car is well taken care off :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
08-29-2015, 09:55 AM
Was this Tommys car?

s2k_boi
08-29-2015, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Was this Tommys car?

Pretty sure it is. As I know he got the m4 now.

GOnSHO
08-29-2015, 01:16 PM

I'll talk to my buddy and see what he can do!

ill be back on the monday??

shakalaka
08-29-2015, 02:30 PM
It is Tommy's car, I wasn't sure what he did professionally though. I got in touch with him coincidentally when I was looking for winter tires locally. I will be picking those up from him in a week or so here.

VWEvo
08-29-2015, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

Oops, VWEvo threw me off when he said E93 and I had already scrolled down. :banghead:

Bitchin' coupe, congrats!

(It's an E92, VWEvo)

I know, I said I miss my E93 M3

4doorj
08-30-2015, 07:54 PM
Looks awesome! Congrats on the new ride!

Rocket1k78
08-31-2015, 10:00 AM
Win win! Super rare color and previous owner was a bmw tech.

Canmorite
08-31-2015, 10:39 AM
Awesome colour on that car. I want an exhaust as well, it's too quiet stock. The Dinan sounds great :thumbsup:

redline
08-31-2015, 09:45 PM
My choice for exhaust would be arka, ess and then Dinan but sound is so subjective and personal. The ESS is well priced, well made and sounds great

shakalaka
09-01-2015, 09:02 AM
Canmorite, if you'd like to listen to the exhaust in person I am happy to show it to you on the weekend as I will be in Calgary. Let me know in advance though, as I may or may not drive the M3. I feel that it sounds absolutely amazing, especially the downshifts. That sound is drool worthy! And thanks everyone for the kind comments. Loving the car and for some reason it gets a lot more looks than my AMG.

03ozwhip
09-01-2015, 09:07 AM
Hey Shak, does the holiday Monday work for you?

redline
09-01-2015, 10:43 AM
I have an Arka on mine if you want a listen to that as well

shakalaka
09-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Hey Shak, does the holiday Monday work for you?

I have to head back up to Edmonton on that day and will most likely be leaving around 12ish. So it would have to be before that if possible at all.

GOnSHO
09-01-2015, 11:10 AM

I have to head back up to Edmonton on that day and will most likely be leaving around 12ish. So it would have to be before that if possible at all.

or im free friday morning (4th)

shakalaka
09-01-2015, 11:12 AM
Don't get to Calgary until Sunday :(

Being the long weekend, the wife/family wanted to make some plans so had to do that.

GOnSHO
09-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Don't get to Calgary until Sunday :(

Being the long weekend, the wife/family wanted to make some plans so had to do that.

Fair enough, im up in leduc for a softball tournament

shakalaka
09-01-2015, 11:28 AM
Well no worries I am Calgary at least once a month so perhaps we can plan something for next time! :D

killramos
09-01-2015, 11:31 AM
You need a new avatar you are confusing me when i scroll through threads :whipped:

Nice car :thumbsup:

edit: i swear you changed that just as i was typing my post :rofl:

shakalaka
09-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Haha I was just thinking the same thing. There, I added the 'power' part now.

Edit: Haha, I did. You said it when I was thinking of changing it myself. lol

shakalaka
09-01-2015, 11:38 AM
So I think I will document any mods I do to the car here as well. Never did it before with my previous cars as I didn't want to put in the effort but I don't anticipate doing much on this car as it already has the stuff that I would have done. Perhaps only some small cosmetic things and carbon fibre parts down the line.

The first thing I did is I installed the LUX Angel Eyes to get rid of the yellow and make it blue. The bulbs were quite expensive, especially cause of the US-CDN rate difference but I am very happy with them. They have great visibility even in day light and look quite good imo. Now I hope their longevity is good as well or I would have wasted $350.

Here's a quick indoor pic, I will try to get some outdoor ones soon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/karanaujla/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150823_211318.jpg