PDA

View Full Version : Weed wacker = bane of existence

SmAcKpOo
08-31-2015, 02:33 PM
Hey guys,

So my backyard is a pretty basic L shape that is completely fenced in. My issue is that I hate the fucking weed wacker with a passion but I have to use it since my lawnmower won't get right in to the base of the fence posts and edges.

Ideally I want to never use the weed wacker. Is there a product that can give me a 2" lip out from the fence but will also stop weeds from growing under the fence? I basically want a lip big enough for the tire of the lawn mower to ride on all the way around the fence line.

Hopefully that made sense.

I know there is ecoborder and things like that but those are usually to separate grass from sidewalks, etc.

Thanks!

suntan
08-31-2015, 02:38 PM
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/vigoro-edge-border-red/859300

Works well, I used it in the old yard to keep the neighbour's grass from getting into my garden border. You still have to do some occasional work but it's way, way less.

Kloubek
08-31-2015, 02:53 PM
I had no idea such a product existed.

I, for one, rather enjoy using my gas weed whacker. Despite it's rather limited horsepower, blipping the throttle gives me some sort of odd satisfaction.

Tik-Tok
08-31-2015, 03:00 PM
Why do you hate your weed whacker?

suntan
08-31-2015, 03:06 PM
Can't tell if carpet matches the drapes.

jacky4566
08-31-2015, 03:18 PM
Put in a brick edger. Then use Poly-Sand to lock the bricks in place. That will stop weeds and give your mower something to sit on.

SmAcKpOo
08-31-2015, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by jacky4566
Put in a brick edger. Then use Poly-Sand to lock the bricks in place. That will stop weeds and give your mower something to sit on.

Is there an east way to get the depth of the trough the right depth for the paver stone other than using the edger spade and using your hands?

I hate my weed wacker because the string is shit and impossible to use. Do you know of an alternative to string that also wont fuck up siding/fence posts/planters etc?

nzwasp
08-31-2015, 03:41 PM
fuck it up as leave marks? as soon as my string contacts the fence it rips it off and i have to get a new piece of string fed out. Which means i burn though the nylon every couple of times I use it.

E46..sTyLez
09-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Nothing to contribute other than I also hate weed wacking. Love mowing, can't stand weed wacking. Dunno why.

Mibz
09-01-2015, 11:07 AM
My weed wacker hasn't been used in years. Fuck that thing.

Maxx Mazda
09-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Despite it's rather limited horsepower, blipping the throttle gives me some sort of odd satisfaction.

This.

Dumbass17
09-01-2015, 12:23 PM
really? i love weed whacking!!

Rocket1k78
09-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

I, for one, rather enjoy using my gas weed whacker. Despite it's rather limited horsepower, blipping the throttle gives me some sort of odd satisfaction.

:rofl: :rofl: Too funny but i know what you mean