PDA

View Full Version : Instagram login/sign in help

403Gemini
08-31-2015, 07:38 PM
So I thought i'd start an Instagram account to follow a few friends who take spectacular photos. I'm greeted with this challenge...

When I tap "sign up" and enter my email address ([email protected]) and hit next I get told "This email is taken by another account."

Via the website: when I click "Forgot" and enter in my password it says "Sorry, this user is not active."

Via the APP : When I tap "Forgot" and tap on "Reset password with Username or email" and enter in my email address ([email protected]) It says "Error - No users found."

Via the APP : When I tap "Forgot" and tap on "Reset password Via SMS" and enter in my ph# I get "Sorry, we did not find an account with that phone number."

Via the APP : When I tap "Forgot" and tap on "Reset password with Facebook" I get told "This facebook account is not linked to the Instagram account you entered. Please enter your current password instead."

When I go back to "Sign up" and tap "Log in with facebook" it then asks me to Choose a username. I enter in a user name I'd like to use then I get told "Another account is using [email protected]"

This sign up is awful. It's telling me the email is taken by another account - but then any means to reset the password for this email address, it tells me no users are using that email address. Who programmed this abysmal sign in / log in process?

Their help support on their website offers little to no help as well

Any thoughts?

jwslam
09-01-2015, 08:24 AM
https://help.instagram.com/1438504019782835

Maybe search your GMail. Someone tried to sign up and you may have ignored it and it passed the click-to-activate date so it just locked you out? :dunno: