PDA

View Full Version : WR delivers communism leaflet in Chinese

Xtrema
08-31-2015, 07:57 PM
http://calgaryherald.com/news/politics/calgary-foothills-race-gets-nasty-with-warring-leaflets-touting-communism-funding-cuts

New low?

ZenOps
08-31-2015, 09:46 PM
I have no idea what sort of effect this is meant to induce.

I can imagine its like "Fear the genetically modified food!" or "Fear the Bisphenol-A in your drinking cup" as much as it is "Fear slightly left of center NDP!"

Of which I can imagine 99.8% will simply brush it off as a waste of paper. There might possibly be a backlash as soon as you start fear mongering, you definitely become much less desireable as a person. If his goal was to drive away people from WildRose with fear, than this is a campaign worthy of Rob Anders, an incredible act of political sabotage that is only learned after years of experience.

I tend to fear monger a fair amount (even if its mostly true and not exaggerated), and I know for sure most people tend to find it incredibly undesirable. Its an easy way to get on peoples blocked list.

rx7_turbo2
08-31-2015, 10:17 PM
Go Panda!

Xtrema
08-31-2015, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
I have no idea what sort of effect this is meant to induce.

As a tactic to buy Chinese votes, it may work on some but not all as mainlanders tends to be more sympathetic to homeland.

As for everyine else, I think Foothill is more educated and less likely to accept this BS.

I don't think Panda should quit his day job.

rx7_turbo2
09-01-2015, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I don't think Panda should quit his day job.

What is his day job :dunno: :rofl:

The candidates for the most part are duds. Hawksworth is obviously the most recognizable. I had a chance to ask him a few questions and was thoroughly unimpressed. It was clear he was only running NDP because he wanted to jump on the bandwagon, he mentioned numerous times that due to the overall inexperience in the party an experienced politician such as himself would probably end up in a cabinet position in short order. He was full of politician speak, something that drives me nuts. :banghead:

Xtrema
09-01-2015, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

What is his day job :dunno: :rofl:

The candidates for the most part are duds. Hawksworth is obviously the most recognizable. I had a chance to ask him a few questions and was thoroughly unimpressed. It was clear he was only running NDP because he wanted to jump on the bandwagon, he mentioned numerous times that due to the overall inexperience in the party an experienced politician such as himself would probably end up in a cabinet position in short order. He was full of politician speak, something that drives me nuts. :banghead:

Wasn't Panda an engineer?

Yup. Not a fan of Hawksworth regardless of what banner he's carrying. Panda is also not very impressive during Eyeopener interview. Houston is too far right and PC will take anyone for this point.

Unless someone got dirt on Taylor, he's getting my vote.

rx7_turbo2
09-01-2015, 09:47 AM
My guess is we'll see what we saw in the provincial election. PC's and WR spit votes leaving an easy win for Hawksworth and the NDP. I hope I'm wrong but....

mr2mike
09-02-2015, 08:41 AM
http://calgary-foothills.wildrose.ca/about
Suncor Engineer/Mgr.

schocker
09-02-2015, 08:47 AM
My guess is we'll see what we saw in the provincial election. PC's and WR spit votes leaving an easy win for Hawksworth and the NDP. I hope I'm wrong but....
Last poll I saw was WR > NDP > PC
I am voting WR to avoid another NDP seat.

rx7_turbo2
09-02-2015, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by schocker

Last poll I saw was WR > NDP > PC
I am voting WR to avoid another NDP seat.

I know a handful of people who plan to do the same thing. They waited to see the latest poll and will vote for whoever has the best chance of defeating the NDP regardless of party.

01RedDX
09-02-2015, 11:26 AM

schocker
09-02-2015, 11:29 AM
How is it a knee jerk vote, I would have voted conservative previously and am shifting my right vote to wildrose to ensure more accountability for the current government?

rx7_turbo2
09-02-2015, 11:38 AM
The fact we have an NDP majority is something other than knee jerk :dunno:

schocker
09-02-2015, 11:49 AM
The fact we have an NDP majority is something other than knee jerk :dunno:
lol, didn't even think of that. Biggest knee jerk reaction this province has ever seen.

01RedDX
09-02-2015, 11:53 AM

Toma
09-02-2015, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
I know there is a large contingent of single, professional, "me-first" voter types who only care about lower taxes for themselves.

You need to realize that healthcare and education are in such a sorry state in this province after decades of PC mismanagement that one way or another, it will adversely affect you one day. Believe me, you won't have to get married or have kids to feel it, it's gonna suck for everybody.

So remember, a vote for WR or PC is an irresponsible and selfish "knee-jerk vote" and risks putting the future of healthcare and education in this province in even more jeopardy.

Absolutely.

Toma
09-02-2015, 11:59 AM

Because you're not thinking it through.

Just consider the most important metrics such as cost of living, inflation, healthcare, education, deficits/lack of contingency fund, diversification of industry, etc, etc, it's been a fail in every regard. 3-4 major recessions, some would still call the '80s one a depression, with the full fallout from this one still to be felt, so how much progress have we made?

If you want this to continue, then either your hindsight has myopia or you consciously hate progress, or you are so scared of what the NDP "might do" (even while knowing what the PC have done) that you would still vote for them. That is called knee-jerk, an irrational reaction.

This is why the term knee-jerk is more commonly applied on the right of the spectrum. Conservatism appeals to the darkest human emotions: greed, fear, hate and by its very nature stifles creativity, collaboration and progress.

Absolutely x2

01RedDX
09-02-2015, 12:04 PM

schocker
09-02-2015, 12:06 PM
Because you're not thinking it through.

Just consider the most important metrics such as cost of living, inflation, healthcare, education, deficits/lack of contingency fund, diversification of industry, etc, etc, it's been a fail in every regard. 3-4 major recessions, some would still call the '80s one a depression, with the full fallout from this one still to be felt, so how much progress have we made?

If you want this to continue, then either your hindsight has myopia or you consciously hate progress, or you are so scared of what the NDP "might do" (even while knowing what the PC have done) that you would still vote for them. That is called knee-jerk, an irrational reaction.

This is why the term knee-jerk is more commonly applied on the right of the spectrum. Conservatism appeals to the darkest human emotions: greed, fear, hate and by its very nature stifles creativity, collaboration and progress.
So in your democracy, we should just have the only option on the ballet NDP in every riding because they are the end all solution? I want the NDP to be held accountable which is the job of the opposition party. Wildrose, being the opposition party, is in the best position to hold them accountable. That is not a knee jerk reaction.

01RedDX
09-02-2015, 12:40 PM

Toma
09-02-2015, 01:09 PM

The way it should be.

We have 3 left parties splitting the vote, we now need 3 righty parties to split the vote.

schocker
09-03-2015, 09:02 PM
That is a pretty dismal turnout. I guess a third election got to people. Looks like tomas worst nightmare though! :rofl:

Xtrema
09-03-2015, 10:00 PM
Sad Panda won, not surprised but a bit disappointed.

rx7_turbo2
09-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Sad Panda won, not surprised but a bit disappointed.

I'm a bit surprised, I really figured WR and PC would split and NDP would take it. If you look at it overall roughly 75% of the voters cast their vote for something other than NDP.

Voter turn out was pretty shitty, despite advanced voting being way up.

Xtrema
09-03-2015, 10:17 PM

I'm a bit surprised, I really figured WR and PC would split and NDP would take it. If you look at it overall roughly 75% of the voters cast their vote for something other than NDP.

Would nice to see stats on how each race voted. Prasad lost because racial vote split with Woo Paw and NDP come up in the middle. If PC picked a Chinese candidate, it will probably a repeat of that.

rx7_turbo2
09-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Would nice to see stats on how each race voted. Prasad lost because racial vote split with Woo Paw and NDP come up in the middle. If PC picked a Chinese candidate, it will probably a repeat of that.

:dunno:

schocker
09-03-2015, 10:41 PM

WR NDP PC is what the polls had been predicting all along.

A Mainstreet survey shows Wildrose candidate Prasad Panda is in the lead ahead of the Sept. 3 provincial byelection, with the backing of 29 per cent of decided voters.

But the NDP’s Bob Hawkesworth is close behind Panda with 26 per cent support, followed by Progressive Conservative Blair Houston at 20 per cent.
Unofficial is 38, 26, 22 so a bit off but still the order of the candidates.

rx7_turbo2
09-03-2015, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by schocker

WR NDP PC is what the polls had been predicting all along.

Unofficial is 38, 26, 22 so a bit off but still the order of the candidates.

Ya the early predictions held pretty true, doesn't mean I can't be surprised.
;)