Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]

suntan
12-24-2015, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by R154

How you gonna be a millennial when you were at least 18 in 93? :rofl:

I was born in '73.

viff3r
01-04-2016, 02:29 PM
Heard that Shane homes will be laying off folks in January. Don't know how many. The oil downturn seems to be spreading to other industries now.

adam c
01-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Had a friend get laid off on December 24 with a phone call

Edit, time to start a new thread?

I may be next at my company to be let go

sputnik
01-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by viff3r
The oil downturn seems to be spreading to other industries now.

It was only a matter of time.

I can't believe how many people still think they are somehow immune just because they don't work directly in O&G.

spikerS
01-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by adam c

Edit, time to start a new thread?

I think so. New year, new thread.

Xtrema
01-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by spikerS

I think so. New year, new thread.

Part 4 with new poll started.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/396285/has-your-office-company-laid-people-off-part-4/

vengie
01-05-2016, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by adam c
Had a friend get laid off on December 24 with a phone call

That is just fucked up.

HiTempguy1
01-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

It was only a matter of time.

I can't believe how many people still think they are somehow immune just because they don't work directly in O&G.

From the new thread:

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
No and no. We just paid a company wide dividend of 28% which was the lowest in 10 years. Still have lots of work in the books and even more upcoming.

My company has been getting rid of deadweight, I don't know if I consider that layoffs. My job is probably secure for 2016 as the main client I work with just renewed their contract :dunno:

Cos
01-05-2016, 10:39 AM

suntan
01-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Wife got status update yesterday. They really, really don't want to let go of any more employees because it would mean shutting down core business operations. So now things like part-time and demotions into lower pay grades are being considered.

HiTempguy1
01-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Cos
\

I am so confused what you do, I thought you were a government unionized instrumentation tech? How do you guys have clients?

Our focus is to develop products/techniques/systems for any Alberta industry that wouldn't be feasible/too risky on a company by company basis. My paycheques say GoA on them, but we put money into the Alberta coffers.

Company A says 'Hai guyz, we have this need. Can you fill said need?"

Us 'Sure. Give us lots of money. We'll do an initial lab assessment based off of theoretical research and get back to you"

Us "So we found some things and stuff. We can make this work outside of the lab in the field. More money please"

Us 'Here is your product. It's experimental. Don't break it."

And then there is the usual intellectual property and copyright stuff, leasing agreements, etc. Its really interesting, you get a great understanding of how intertwined most companies throughout industry are. We have equipment on all mining oilsands sites, plus in many water treatment plants and pulp/paper mills.

What do I do? Nothing. I'm a government employee damnit! :bigpimp:

Cos
01-05-2016, 01:19 PM