PDA

View Full Version : Billionaire is bored (Markus Persson)

ZenOps
09-08-2015, 08:06 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3220333/The-whining-billionaire-says-rich-sheer-hell-Inside-life-Minecraft-founder-Markus-Persson-says-ruined-money.html

Baller X 100 and the word is "isolated".

I always knew the matrix held more appeal than real life.

dirtsniffer
09-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Read the first 5 or 6 tweets and thought he sounded like a prime candidate for suicide. Turns out I was right (for once). Hopefully he is going to a therapist.

phreezee
09-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Ask his buddy Bill Gates on doing charity work.

vengie
09-08-2015, 09:55 AM
I am surprised to hear he is bored... he has just about every resource available to him, and with an assumed entrepreneurial spirit you would think he would start up another business? Partying gets old really quick, you need to challenge your mind in some way otherwise you literally wilt away, which is exactly whats happening with this guy.

Mitsu3000gt
09-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Hard to feel sorry for the guy when so many other equally or more rich people don't seem to have the same problems.

He could easily be working on a new business, charity, etc. if he wanted something to keep busy. If he doesn't want to do that, fine, but nobody is going to feel sorry for a bored billionaire who has the resources do do a different thing every single day for the rest of his life.

I was bored of partying by the time I was in my early 20's, it's not too surprising to hear it isn't doing it for this guy anymore.

Tik-Tok
09-08-2015, 10:22 AM
If he's that bored, he should just lock up his money for a decade, and start from scratch under a new name, starting at the bottom.

vengie
09-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
[B starting at the bottom. [/B]

"Insert Drake reference here".

sputnik
09-08-2015, 10:28 AM
If you read his recent tweets it seems like he was just being an attention whore for a couple of days.

Disoblige
09-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Hopefully he is going to a therapist.
:werd: Seems like he's giving plenty of hints, hope he gets the help he needs.

rx7boi
09-08-2015, 10:54 AM
Hollywood and the elite life can be vicious.

Not for everyone, but I'd sure as fuck would give it a try if I was a newly minted billionaire lol.

I don't think bored is the best word to describe his predicament. This isn't the first time someone from the famous/wealth/elite came out confessing that their glamorous lives are actually really empty and superficial.

Everyone has daydreams about all the shit they'd do if they were filthy rich but don't really know about all the other baggage that comes with it. It's like those guys that win the 20 mil lottery and all of a sudden these gnats in your former life come out of the woodwork asking for a payout.

Despair*
09-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Sounds like he has already done everything he's wanted to do with money already. No goals and aspirations left. Still, with that kind of money how hard would it be to find a new enjoyable hobby to spend your time and money on. With that kind of money I know I'd be taking up all kinds of new hobbies.

That video tour of the house was insane :drool:

sputnik
09-08-2015, 11:18 AM
He went from being a nerdy overweight introvert to a nerdy overweight introvert with $2B.

HiTempguy1
09-08-2015, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
He went from being a nerdy overweight introvert to a nerdy overweight introvert with $2B.

Yep.

If I had $2B, my list of things I'd do is limitless.

Hell, go to space FFS. Develop true Virtual Reality technology if you aren't going to do anything with the money and still have an interest in video games.

I do feel bad for the guy in a sense, as he is the kind of person that DOESN'T NEED MONEY TO BE HAPPY.

But hell, HIRE SOMEBODY to make a schedule for you of things to do. Take the convertible ferrari, put a parachute on, and drive it off a cliff (maybe with some help). Be a little god damn creative!

I agree with the articles bent that Minecraft is a worthless game. I hate it.

killramos
09-08-2015, 12:01 PM
I think the peanut gallery here is hilarious.

The reality is most people couldn't handle being rich overnight, look at how most celebrities handle it...

Money doesn't solve all your problems, it does make you more comfortable though.

rx7boi
09-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by killramos
I think the peanut gallery here is hilarious.

The reality is most people couldn't handle being rich overnight, look at how most celebrities handle it...

Money doesn't solve all your problems, it does make you more comfortable though.

Pretty much. Most of the guys here are missing the point and trying to give meaningless suggestions on how to improve his life without actually hearing what he's saying.

It's not about the money; he has a shitload of it and he can do whatever he wants. When you have that kind of wealth and spotlight on you, the whole world knows who you are and the exposure is what changes everything.

You don't get have relationships like most normal folk. Hell, you can't even eat without some pap with his fist up your ass so he can blog about what you ate for lunch. Everyone just wants a piece of what you have and suddenly you don't know who your real friends are anymore. He's not the first dude to feel this way.

The most ironic thing is that everyone was shocked when Robin Williams killed himself and realized that there was more underneath his facade of comedy, fame, and fortune. Now there's another guy who potentially feels the same way all people do is judge him and only think of him as an impetuous rich dude who has nothing more to do now that he struck gold with his invention.

killramos
09-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by rx7boi

Pretty much. Most of the guys here are missing the point and trying to give meaningless suggestions on how to improve his life without actually hearing what he's saying.

It's not about the money; he has a shitload of it and he can do whatever he wants. When you have that kind of wealth and spotlight on you, the whole world knows who you are and the exposure is what changes everything.

You don't get have relationships like most normal folk. Hell, you can't even eat without some pap with his fist up your ass so he can blog about what you ate for lunch. Everyone just wants a piece of what you have and suddenly you don't know who your real friends are anymore. He's not the first dude to feel this way.

The most ironic thing is that everyone was shocked when Robin Williams killed himself and realized that there was more underneath his facade of comedy, fame, and fortune. Now there's another guy who potentially feels the same way all people do is judge him and only think of him as an impetuous rich dude who has nothing more to do now that he struck gold with his invention.

I think it really shows how many people really do think all of their problems would be solved with more money. Whether they admit it or not the jealousy shows their true colors.

This is why rich people turn to drugs when even an extraordinary lifestyle turns bland to them.

Everyone needs purpose to their life. This guy just cant seem to find any, which is something to pity him for. Not judge him.

Cos
09-08-2015, 01:33 PM

gwill
09-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

I agree with the articles bent that Minecraft is a worthless game. I hate it.

Lmao! I suppose if you ignore the fact it made him a billionaire... Then yeah it's worthless.

birdman86
09-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Charity, nuff said. Don't be a self centered prick and use the money to make a difference in OTHER peoples lives.

killramos
09-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by birdman86
Charity, nuff said. Don't be a self centered prick and use the money to make a different in OTHER peoples lives.

So because the guy has money he isn't allowed to have problems?

JfuckinC
09-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Cos
https://lh3.ggpht.com/-mYLx44Zsyv0/UTOriLgAQwI/AAAAAAAADfc/jEgGX-UXvBU/s1600/I+hope+everybody+could+get+rich+and+famous+and+will+have+everything+they+ever+dreamed+of,+so+they+will+know+that+it's+not+the+answer+-+Jim+Carrey.jpg

But as someone said I'd sure as shit like to give it a try.

lol can we opt out of the famous part?

The weird part for me, in this case is asking where his old friends are? If i was a billionaire you sure as shit know my entourage would be with me everywhere i go :rofl:

Xtrema
09-08-2015, 01:45 PM
It's basically someone discovered a unlimited money/resource cheat code in a game and the game stop being fun.

Except this game is life.

Originally posted by JfuckinC
The weird part for me, in this case is asking where his old friends are? If i was a billionaire you sure as shit know my entourage would be with me everywhere i go :rofl:

Entourage is someone you pay to pretend to be your friend when you have none.

J.M.
09-08-2015, 01:46 PM
He should hang out with Dan Bilzerian

rx7boi
09-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by J.M.
He should hang out with Dan Bilzerian

I was told that Persson's last girlfriend was Jessa Hinton.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f5/25/a3/f525a3be756f365b376dbb1040684d73.jpg

So he's been there, done that.

birdman86
09-08-2015, 01:48 PM

So because the guy has money he isn't allowed to have problems?

Nah not at all, but he's complaining because he sits around all day waiting for his friends to get off work, and its making him lonely. He needs something to work on, and he's one of the few people that is in a position to make a lasting difference. It's win-win.

JfuckinC
09-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
It's basically someone discovered a unlimited money/resource cheat code in a game and the game stop being fun.

Except this game is life.

Entourage is someone you pay to pretend to be your friend when you have none.

Pfff not according to HBO.

killramos
09-08-2015, 01:52 PM

It can be tough to keep moving with friends when you have something like that weighing over your friends. Balancing experiencing great things together with not giving free handouts. Always wondering if thats the only reason they are around. Friends getting angry when you try to give them stuff. Others angry when you dont give enough.

All I'm saying is it can cause a taxing amount of strife when there is that kind of disparity in any kind of a relationship.

You don't have to be a billionaire for this to happen either. It can be the simple things like one guy barely making his rent and the other being able to go out partying every weekend. Goes on for to long and it can cause strains that either lead to fights or slow drifting apart.

:dunno:

JfuckinC
09-08-2015, 01:59 PM

It can be tough to keep moving with friends when you have something like that weighing over your friends. Balancing experiencing great things together with not giving free handouts. Always wondering if thats the only reason they are around. Friends getting angry when you try to give them stuff. Others angry when you dont give enough.

All I'm saying is it can cause a taxing amount of strife when there is that kind of disparity in any kind of a relationship.

You don't have to be a billionaire for this to happen either. It can be the simple things like one guy barely making his rent and the other being able to go out partying every weekend. Goes on for to long and it can cause strains that either lead to fights or slow drifting apart.

:dunno:

I know what you mean for sure, and this is totally and "If it ever happened" kind of conversation. But i would help my friends get something started with the capital i had that maybe they couldn't do just living our normal lives. We all have great jobs and great lives now(well did? haha), but obviously we'd love to be doing something else. That way hopefully they can build something to make a bunch of money too and we'd just be mutually killing it and loving life :rofl:

It's all hypothetical :poosie: a guy can dream can't he?!

Mitsu3000gt
09-08-2015, 02:23 PM
If his friends left him because of his money, then they weren't very good friends in the first place. Or if he left them because if his money, he's a shitty friend. There is enormous wealth disparity between my large group of friends, and it's never even been so much as been a topic of conversation because that has nothing to do with it :dunno:

HiTempguy1
09-08-2015, 03:09 PM

I know what you mean for sure, and this is totally and "If it ever happened" kind of conversation. But i would help my friends get something started with the capital i had that maybe they couldn't do just living our normal lives. We all have great jobs and great lives now(well did? haha), but obviously we'd love to be doing something else. That way hopefully they can build something to make a bunch of money too and we'd just be mutually killing it and loving life :rofl:

It's all hypothetical :poosie: a guy can dream can't he?!

Basically this. First thing I'd do if I was rich is give most of it away to friends and family, help them achieve their goals. Maybe the argument could be made he didn't have any really good friends before making it big.

No doubt that money only solves certain problems.

CompletelyNumb
09-08-2015, 03:13 PM
The article makes it more sound like he never had any friends.

Just a lonely, socially awkward dude hiding in his house reading 4chan and making video games. Suddenly gets a cheque for 2.5 billion dollars.

Still no friends. No social skills. No life experience. And no clue what to do with his time or money.

ickyflex
09-09-2015, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Basically this. First thing I'd do if I was rich is give most of it away to friends and family, help them achieve their goals. Maybe the argument could be made he didn't have any really good friends before making it big.

No doubt that money only solves certain problems.

I'm sure its much easier said than done. Had a friends aunt win a million bucks from the lottery and had ppl contacting her for everything.

I think the first thing i'd do is delete all social media and gtfo for a few years for time to pass then do the above lol.

dirtsniffer
09-09-2015, 01:50 PM
If I had a billion dollars I'd be fucking Oprah

you get a million! AND you get a million! and you get a million!

Tik-Tok
09-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
If I had a billion dollars I'd be fucking Oprah

:barf: Dude, you can do better.

dirtsniffer
09-09-2015, 02:45 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

guessboi
09-09-2015, 04:41 PM
Oprah? :nut: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

J.M.
09-09-2015, 06:00 PM
He want some of dat Oprah pussy :poosie:

rage2
09-09-2015, 08:12 PM
oyB1PmIQRVM

max_boost
09-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Rich or not, gotta be tough. Mentally strong. Buddy needs a new circle.

googe
09-11-2015, 06:36 AM
His problem is that he read the YouTube comments