PDA

View Full Version : Operate Unregistered ticket...

Boost Infested
03-13-2004, 01:37 AM
i got this "operate unregistered motor vehicle on highway" - $230 < christ! :bullshit:

yes its over 14days, i just put this car on my insurance about 2 months ago.

is there a way to fight it?

thanks

rage2
03-13-2004, 10:47 AM
haha I just paid mine too. Talk about getting owned!

I didn't even know that registration always expires at a certain month based on your last name. I bought my car last March thinking it'd expire in March 2004. $230 later, lesson learned!

Actually it costed me more than $230. I went to pay for it at the Rocky Mountain building, and the line up was like 3 hrs long... wrapped all the way around the hall past poiints. I gave up and decided to wait till it's overdue and pay it at the registry places (you can't pay it there until it's overdue). $280 total.

The government and the police has a pretty damn good racket going here!

To answer your original question, I don't see how it can be fought... since there's no demerits and they only care about the $.

szw
03-13-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Actually it costed me more than $230. I went to pay for it at the Rocky Mountain building, and the line up was like 3 hrs long... wrapped all the way around the hall past poiints. I gave up and decided to wait till it's overdue and pay it at the registry places (you can't pay it there until it's overdue). $280 total.

Can't you just pay it by mail?

Boost Infested
03-13-2004, 12:31 PM
i am going to try to plead guilty and see if they can knock the price down!

:bullshit:

rage2
03-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by szw
Can't you just pay it by mail?
I dunno, I was looking to pay online but couldn't find nothing. Didn't know you can pay by mail?

Ben
03-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I dunno, I was looking to pay online but couldn't find nothing. Didn't know you can pay by mail?

yeah, there is a spot on the ticket that gives the mailing address and such. I thought they towed your vehile if they get you driving an unregistered vehicle?

infamous
03-13-2004, 03:51 PM
yah i think that it's bullshit....i hate the gov't and all their bullshit....

ninspeed
03-13-2004, 06:11 PM
You can mail it in, or pay it downtown... but i thought you could pay the ticket at any registery or certified bank if it was not overdue :dunno: ... and you can now pay online acording to the news

rage2
03-13-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Ben
yeah, there is a spot on the ticket that gives the mailing address and such. I thought they towed your vehile if they get you driving an unregistered vehicle?
Yea, they *can* tow it. That day, it was -40C or something and I told the cop that I thought it expired in March because I bought the car in March. I'm like they must've made a mistake, I'll go register it right away (which I did). So he just let me go.