PDA

View Full Version : Selena Narayan-LaChapelle Assaults Cabbie - Throwing Vomit

Modelexis
09-09-2015, 09:45 AM
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/calgary-cab-driver-assaulted-with-bag-of-vomit-1.2554518

Her facebook is full of fitting selfies that someone can post up if they feel like it.

She works for Alberta Health...

CALGARY - A 33-year-old woman has been charged with assault after a bag of vomit was hurled at a Calgary cab driver.

Police say early Sunday morning a taxi driver picked up a woman who grew nauseous and was provided with a bag to vomit into during the ride home.

Upon arrival, the passenger continued to throw up on the exterior of the vehicle and when the driver requested a cleanup fee the woman became abusive.

Police say that included throwing the full bag of vomit on the driver, covering his clothes, phone, car seat and floor mats.

Officers were called and the passenger's family paid the cleanup fee and fare.

Selena Narayan-LaChapelle has been charged with common assault and is scheduled in court Oct. 14.

http://s17.postimg.org/3ot9bvxzv/FB_IMG_1441813280716.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/3ot9bvxzv/)
http://s24.postimg.org/albwkf381/FB_IMG_1441813267967.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/albwkf381/)http://s27.postimg.org/rq7lg5ub3/FB_IMG_1441813245506.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/rq7lg5ub3/)

Seth1968
09-09-2015, 09:48 AM
Bye job.

rage2
09-09-2015, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Seth1968
Bye job.
Wonder how the union tackles this one.

civic_stylez
09-09-2015, 09:58 AM
this kind of stuff makes me sick... pun intended.

Seth1968
09-09-2015, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Ah yes. The union.

I suspect then she'll probably get to keep her job, but it would be interesting to see how her fellow employees will treat her.

Tik-Tok
09-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Modelexis

She works for Alberta Health...

Her FB says "Worked at", not "Works at"

speedog
09-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Is she in fact an unionized employee or are people just assuming such?

sexualbanana
09-09-2015, 10:42 AM
I can't see how she could get fired for it. Only because this isn't crazy offensive like some of the recent incidents (though that may be tainting my view). Unless AHS has some crazy requirements in their employment contracts regarding off-duty conduct.

EK 2.0
09-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Seriously....who throws a bag of vomit??...

Modelexis
09-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Her FB says "Worked at", not "Works at"

Source: linkedin

Selena Narayan-LaChapelle

Title
Registered Nurse at Alberta Health Services
Demographic info
Canada | Hospital & Health Care

Current
Registered Nurse at Alberta Health Services
Education
Athabasca University @ Mount Royal University

ickyflex
09-09-2015, 11:06 AM
So gross lol

lilmira
09-09-2015, 11:14 AM
rainbow colour vomit for the pride week

revelations
09-09-2015, 11:27 AM
bat shit .....

Xtrema
09-09-2015, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Good skill of throwing bag of vomit is exactly what AHS looks of in a RN.

She's going to be promoted.

Tik-Tok
09-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

A 33 year old that lives with her parents,, and still gets so trashed she pukes.

rx7boi
09-09-2015, 11:33 AM
:rofl: Had to look her up in our internal address book.

Khyron
09-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I can't see how she could get fired for it. Only because this isn't crazy offensive like some of the recent incidents (though that may be tainting my view). Unless AHS has some crazy requirements in their employment contracts regarding off-duty conduct.

If she's convicted that would be a criminal record - not exactly something you like to see when dealing with medical records. But who knows - criminal checks seem to only happen at hire stage not after.

gwill
09-09-2015, 12:00 PM
You Guys care way too much about this. Why is this even news worthy? Who cares where she works. How many other petty crimes go unreported by the news but here we are discussing this one? Our news is becoming like TMZ these days....

Xtrema
09-09-2015, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by gwill
You Guys care way too much about this. Why is this even news worthy? Who cares where she works. How many other petty crimes go unreported by the news but here we are discussing this one? Our news is becoming like TMZ these days....

1) A vomit bag is thrown, it's everywhere in the cab.

2) we are paying her salary.

Modelexis
09-09-2015, 12:20 PM
The point is to provide warning to others her age that acting like a child in public has consequences beyond the home. When you're a professional of any kind there is a level of decency that you must provide in the public eye.

It's a lesson that everyone over 16 should know by now, be an asshole in public and that action could follow you forever.

FraserB
09-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

1) A vomit bag is thrown, it's everywhere in the cab.

2) we are paying her salary.

#1 is a general annoyance. I'm sure there were many crimes committed in the city this weekend that got no press, but have far greater consequences than an hour's worth of steam cleaning.

#2 is a stupid argument. How much of your taxes went to paying her salary specifically?

The only reason this stuff makes the news is that it sells more clicks than other stories. With the bias and cherry picking in the media these days, it's probably the worst place to get the actual story behind an event. Or have relevant information reported.

Modelexis
09-09-2015, 12:24 PM
Her parents will pay for a lawyer that will nullify any assault conviction, and so justice can be had socially at times like this.
It's a very anarchic type of justice.

FraserB
09-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Her parents will pay for a lawyer that will nullify any assault conviction, and so justice can be had socially at times like this.
It's a very anarchic type of justice.

So exactly how much vilification is appropriate for what she did? Who decides when enough is enough?

If the courts find there is not enough evidence for a conviction, then there wasn't enough. If people want to just publically humiliate people and not let the courts handle this stuff, just abolish the courts.

dirtsniffer
09-09-2015, 12:34 PM
maybe a union will come in handy for a change and save this ladies job. No one knows the full story about what happened here.

gwill
09-09-2015, 12:39 PM
You guys are a bunch of morons for thinking this is anything but a petty crime. Do we need to print the names of every 18 yr old who does something stupid in the papers? In the big scheme of things this is such a minor crime that it's not news worthy.

It's made even worst as the cab companies are fighting a PR war vs uber so the papers are happy to print this crap.

Quick grab the pitch forks! It's time to picket outside of her work.. Demand her firing, have her dragged through the streets and shamed like the scene from game of thrones. Totally makes sense.

And Fraser is right... You only hear one side of the story. It is a he said she said type of problem. Did she really throw the bag? Is there much evidence? Who's to say the cabbie didn't attack her first?

Seth1968
09-09-2015, 12:46 PM
The point is to provide warning to others her age that acting like a child in public has consequences beyond the home. When you're a professional of any kind there is a level of decency that you must provide in the public eye.

It's a lesson that everyone over 16 should know by now, be an asshole in public and that action could follow you forever.

:clap:

Modelexis
09-09-2015, 12:48 PM
You guys are a bunch of morons for thinking this is anything but a petty crime. Do we need to print the names of every 18 yr old who does something stupid in the papers? In the big scheme of things this is such a minor crime that it's not news worthy.

It's made even worst as the cab companies are fighting a PR war vs uber so the papers are happy to print this crap.

Quick grab the pitch forks! It's time to picket outside of her work.. Demand her firing, have her dragged through the streets and shamed like the scene from game of thrones. Totally makes sense.

And Fraser is right... You only hear one side of the story. It is a he said she said type of problem. Did she really throw the bag? Is there much evidence? Who's to say the cabbie didn't attack her first?

1) She is 33, not 18

2) If she can throw vomit in public she can accept the consequences no matter how harsh they are. I think it's harsh to put people in jail for selling pot, we drag these folks through the streets and they don't assault anyone.

The legal system is full of petty crimes that carry severe punishments. Why white knight for only one of them? She's a girl and therefore doesn't deserve any negative consequences for acting like an ape?

3)The cab has video recording, makes a pretty strong court case

Isaiah
09-09-2015, 12:49 PM

She's a cab industry shill.

FraserB
09-09-2015, 01:01 PM

1) She is 33, not 18

2) If she can throw vomit in public she can accept the consequences no matter how harsh they are. I think it's harsh to put people in jail for selling pot, we drag these folks through the streets and they don't assault anyone.

The legal system is full of petty crimes that carry severe punishments. Why white knight for only one of them? She's a girl and therefore doesn't deserve any negative consequences for acting like an ape?

3)The cab has video recording, makes a pretty strong court case

People are being publically shamed for selling pot? Do you care to point some examples out? The news doesn't even report on all the people who get busted for selling.

No one is arguing against the charges she is currently facing. She has been charged and will probably be found guilty, a criminal record seems like a pretty negative consequence to me.

The issue is why do people think they need to get involved in this case, but not other cases that are reported? Unless you think that everyone who is charged (which doesn't make someone guilty BTW) with a crime should be hung out for public ridicule?

Modelexis
09-09-2015, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

People are being publically shamed for selling pot? Do you care to point some examples out? The news doesn't even report on all the people who get busted for selling.

Sure

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/three-charged-after-police-drug-and-gun-sting-1.2554504

http://www.niagarathisweek.com/news-story/5798251-four-arrested-in-drug-investigation-in-merritton/

I can find more examples if you want further proof.

FraserB
09-09-2015, 01:18 PM

Sure

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/three-charged-after-police-drug-and-gun-sting-1.2554504

http://www.niagarathisweek.com/news-story/5798251-four-arrested-in-drug-investigation-in-merritton/

I can find more examples if you want further proof.

So where are all the social media campaigns to shame those people? I assume you'll be starting one and finding where they work/live so people can try and have them fired?

Modelexis
09-09-2015, 01:20 PM
So where are all the social media campaigns to shame those people? I assume you'll be starting one and finding where they work/live so people can try and have them fired?

They aren't professionals in the community, they have no reputation to be held against them. They have no credibility to lose in the community.
When you work for the community you are trusted with that role and are expected to be a decent human being. If you act like a gorilla you should lose that respect.

Just like how people say you lose your freedom when you commit a crime, you also lose your privacy rights.

FraserB
09-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Why not wait for the court system to get through with them first?

If they fail to convict or don't charge in the first place, then people can start spouting all their faux outrage on Facebook to show how morally superior they are. We love to preach about how we have a fair system, but have no issues with slagging someone as much as possible without even knowing the story or letting the system run its course.

It's no longer “innocent until proven guilty”. It's now become “I don't like what you MIGHT have done, so I'll do everything in my power to ruin your life, even if the consequences outweigh the perceived act”.

max_boost
09-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Enjoy while it lasts. People have short memories anyway. :rofl:

Modelexis
09-09-2015, 01:40 PM
I personally think our court system is a joke. Just look at any charge ever laid against a police officer and the slap on the wrist they get.

There is no justice in our courts, I have no trust in the courts and that's why I'll call out members of the public who forget what is acceptable human behavior.

riander5
09-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Someone get this girl some braces

g-m
09-09-2015, 02:16 PM
Why not wait for the court system to get through with them first?

If they fail to convict or don't charge in the first place, then people can start spouting all their faux outrage on Facebook to show how morally superior they are. We love to preach about how we have a fair system, but have no issues with slagging someone as much as possible without even knowing the story or letting the system run its course.

It's no longer “innocent until proven guilty”. It's now become “I don't like what you MIGHT have done, so I'll do everything in my power to ruin your life, even if the consequences outweigh the perceived act”. come on, you've been around here long enough to know not to get trolled into arguments by modelaxis

Disoblige
09-09-2015, 02:16 PM
It's funny, she is 33 but Alexis Frulling is 20 :rofl:

Xtrema
09-09-2015, 02:38 PM
The only reason this stuff makes the news is that it sells more clicks than other stories. With the bias and cherry picking in the media these days, it's probably the worst place to get the actual story behind an event. Or have relevant information reported.

So I would assume you support name of the accused/charged to be suppressed until verdict is reached?

gretz
09-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by riander5
Someone get this girl some braces

<Throws vomit on you>

dirtsniffer
09-09-2015, 02:51 PM
I'm willing to bet he was not in the driver seat when this happened and the bag was thrown after some attempt from the cab driver to extort her or handle her.

Just my guess.

Canmorite
09-09-2015, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
I'm willing to bet he was not in the driver seat when this happened and the bag was thrown after some attempt from the cab driver to extort her or handle her.

Just my guess.

He tried to 'extort' her for money to pay for the mess she made. How can you accuse him of 'handling her' without any basis? Not sure why you're sticking up for her actions...

dirtsniffer
09-09-2015, 03:09 PM
Based on what? A 5 line news blurb? Written by some guy who went on exactly what the cab or cab company said?

I'm not trying to stick up for her, but there are 3 sides to every story.

I'll reserve judgment thanks.

Tik-Tok
09-09-2015, 03:11 PM

I'll reserve judgment thanks.

:rolleyes: By your comment about extortion, you aren't reserving judgement.

Xtrema
09-09-2015, 03:14 PM

Just my guess.

Extortion? It's the law. $100 when you vomit in cab.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/calgary-taxi-passengers-face-cleanup-fee-for-vomiting-in-cabs/article19702453/

A790
09-09-2015, 03:16 PM

:rolleyes: By your comment about extortion, you aren't reserving judgement.
My thoughts exactly.

HumbleKnighting. It's a new thing.

Tik-Tok
09-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Extortion? It's the law. $100 when you vomit in cab.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/calgary-taxi-passengers-face-cleanup-fee-for-vomiting-in-cabs/article19702453/

So she was just making it worth her $100 :barf:

Modelexis
09-09-2015, 03:30 PM
So she was just making it worth her parents' $100 :barf: Fixed

dirtsniffer
09-09-2015, 04:04 PM
ya, extort was the wrong choice of word for sure. My last post was the only point I was trying to make.

gwill
09-09-2015, 04:50 PM
My issue is the same as others, cabs get a news release on something that's not even news worthy and all the internet justice warriors are immediately jumping to where she works while hoping she gets fired from her job. All because a shady cab company wants to whine about a minor issue with a drunk?

I hope some of the Justice warriors have kids who do something stupid when they are 18 so we can drag them through the streets with our pitch forks throwing shit on them.

At least pick arrests that actually matter like domestic violence.. Oh but we don't get a break down of those arrests. And to the idiot who thinks the news mentions every pot bust... LOL. This puke bag was such a minor arrest that's cherry picked out of the hundreds or thousands that happened that week. So this one person needs to be shamed when hundreds of others weren't? Totally makes sense.

rob the knob
09-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by rx7boi
:rofl: Had to look her up in our internal address book.

you have her in your internal address book?

Inzane
09-09-2015, 05:41 PM
It's gotta suck being a cabbie...................
:nut:

GTS4tw
09-09-2015, 06:43 PM

Since everyone is a victim these days and there is next to no punishment for crime in Canada anymore, public shaming is all we've got. I'm sure her parents still see her as a special little flower. She just had a bad night.

We need real vigilante justice, that is literally the only thing that could deter this absurd antisocial behavior that has become so much more accepted by the pussified pc crowd.

gwill
09-09-2015, 06:45 PM
What about every drunk that the police arrest and throw in the drunk tank? Or every drunk a nurse or Dr has to deal with? Where are those articles?

How many drunk drivers do the police take off the road in a week? How many sexual assault charges are regularly laid? But here's our media posting about one drunk passenger yet again... continuing with cherry picking one person to name and shame when there are significantly worst arrests and charges happening that go unreported.

ragu
09-09-2015, 07:49 PM
What about every drunk that the police arrest and throw in the drunk tank? Or every drunk a nurse or Dr has to deal with? Where are those articles?

How many drunk drivers do the police take off the road in a week? How many sexual assault charges are regularly laid? But here's our media posting about one drunk passenger yet again... continuing with cherry picking one person to name and shame when there are significantly worst arrests and charges happening that go unreported.

Sure, there are worst charges and things happening.

I think this made news based on how low this person fell. It's one thing to puke in a cab. Another to throw the vomit bag at the guy because she wouldn't own up.

gwill
09-09-2015, 08:34 PM
^you don't think emt's, Drs or cops get spit on or puked on often? I would imagine police are dealing with tons of drunks that do way worst daily. We don't hear about these in the news because it's a hazard of the job. Or maybe the cab companies are paying for the stories to be printed.

Allegedly throwing a bag of puke is low on the crime scale. Perhaps a 1/10.

Traffic_Cop
09-09-2015, 10:27 PM
This thread is sick!

dirtsniffer
09-09-2015, 10:33 PM
Well if it isn't barf Vader.

rx7boi
09-09-2015, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by rob the knob

you have her in your internal address book?

Yeah, I looked up her name up in the Outlook address book for AHS to see which hospital she works out of.

frizzlefry
09-10-2015, 12:06 AM
I think the public shaming is warranted. There was a certain malice in what she did. I have had my home burglarized. I have been assaulted. I would rather go through those again than have somebody's puke thrown on me.

It's disgusting, it's insulting and it's disrespectful at even the most basic forms of common decency. And it was meant to be. She deserves what she gets IMO.

The reason it is making the news is the very fact that it goes against all forms of common logic and respect. Jews, Atheists, Christians, Muslims, Agnostics, Buddhists etc. all agree...being vomit bombed is gross.

I did see some people get puked on while watching Jerry Springer years ago. But even that, on the lowest show on the planet, was a consensual puking.

cancer man
09-10-2015, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

The same kind of person that rings your doorbell and leaves a bag of burning shit.

EK 2.0
09-10-2015, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by cancer man

The same kind of person that rings your doorbell and leaves a bag of burning shit.

Oh yeah werrrd....:nut:

riander5
09-10-2015, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by cancer man

You are telling me a bag of poop on your door step would anger you as much as having vomit thrown on you? durrr

sexualbanana
09-10-2015, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by riander5

You are telling me a bag of poop on your door step would anger you as much as having vomit thrown on you? durrr

He called the shit poop!

Modelexis
10-30-2015, 05:03 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/selena-narayan-lachapelle-vomit-cab-calgary-1.3296923

The prosecution has consented to Narayan-LaChapelle participating in an alternative measures program rather than having her assault charge go to trial.

That means the 33-year-old will not have a criminal record, once her assault charge is withdrawn after she completes the program.

Narayan-LaChapelle must acknowledge her guilt but she will not have a criminal record in the end.

Her lawyer declined to comment on the development.

-saved by her parents paying for expensive lawyers.

rob the knob
10-30-2015, 05:48 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/selena-narayan-lachapelle-vomit-cab-calgary-1.3296923

The prosecution has consented to Narayan-LaChapelle participating in an alternative measures program rather than having her assault charge go to trial.

That means the 33-year-old will not have a criminal record, once her assault charge is withdrawn after she completes the program.

Narayan-LaChapelle must acknowledge her guilt but she will not have a criminal record in the end.

Her lawyer declined to comment on the development.

-saved by her parents paying for expensive lawyers.

fare

gwill
10-30-2015, 07:32 PM
Alternative measures is extremely fair and an expensive lawyer wouldn't be needed for that assuming she had no previous record. This whole public outrage bs with all the #sjw was retarded. I've seen drug dealers/drunk drivers/rapists given less attention then her.