PDA

View Full Version : New Summer Car!

Pages : [1] 2

rage2
09-10-2015, 12:38 PM
Welp, sold the BS last month, a little sad it's gone, and have been hunting for a replacement since then. Nothing really stuck out, new C63S is expensive/crappy rates, M4 was alright (thanks Jordan for the hookup) but after test driving it, wasn't a huge fan of how it drove. Even looked for convertibles to get back into top down motoring, and no deals on the S5 Cab or E550 Cab.

So I went and got this:

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/rage2amg/1D923526-0960-40BA-A190-DD50529ABF7D_zps4e6yhezv.jpg

2015 Lexus RC-F w/Performance pack in fucking Orange... a little different than my usual cars. Test drove it twice, and it's not as bad as the reviews says it is. Only real negative is understeer approaching the limit at high speeds, which I hope I can dial out with some tweaks. Low speeds, the car is quite tossable, and very predictable sliding the back end through corners. Granted, it's not going to win any races at the track, but for a street car, it's pretty well sorted.

For the money, couldn't turn this down. The discounts Lexus is giving is absolutely ridiculous, you can get a base demo for a little more than a loaded RC 350 F-Sport right now.

ducaudi
09-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Saw a few of these around the city and they sound pretty damn good, I think one of them has the JoeZ exhaust. Nice pick up rage!

KRyn
09-10-2015, 12:44 PM
Wow the deal you got must be great considering retail MSRP.
The colour is bold I will say that.

jdmXSI
09-10-2015, 12:49 PM
Congrats! Any plans for it?

heavyD
09-10-2015, 12:50 PM
I like the color but it's going to hurt resale (if you care about that). What are the tuning/performance options out there for this car? You aren't going to cover this thing with 3M are you?

shakalaka
09-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Congrats man, I like it. The colour is different, exactly what I thought about when I changed my car this time. With the current deals on the Lexus, you can't go wrong with that. After you mentioned the deals, it made me double think about my M3 as I pretty much paid exactly what these are going for with incentives. Made me think if I screwed up or what and if I could have gone for a decent brand new car instead. But I guess I always wanted a M3 and never a Lexus so I have come to terms with what I did! Although, I still feel paying the Lexus dealer a visit just to get an idea of things but most likely won't with the fear of getting killed by the wife. Haha.

Anyway, I am sure it's a great car and you'll enjoy it. Congrats again.

EDIT: You got a guy at Lexus that would assist me in running some no pressure numbers just to give me an idea about trading the M3 in and what not? Since it's only been a month since I have had it, I don't think I should lose much on the value...

Mibz
09-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
I like the color but it's going to hurt resale (if you care about that). What are the tuning/performance options out there for this car? You aren't going to cover this thing with 3M are you? We've already made some, uh, flamboyant suggestions on wrap colours.

bjstare
09-10-2015, 12:54 PM
So that's why you were able to call me out so quick in the 3 cars/$300k thread on my RC-F comment haha. Nice to hear it drives better than the reviews say it does, I'm a big fan of this car.

rage2
09-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by ducaudi
Saw a few of these around the city and they sound pretty damn good, I think one of them has the JoeZ exhaust. Nice pick up rage!
NA V8 was a big selling point. Car sounded great. Still love NA throttle response.

Originally posted by KRyn
Wow the deal you got must be great considering retail MSRP.
The colour is bold I will say that.
Yea, $10k Lexus Canada incentives plus additional discounts.

Originally posted by jdmXSI
Congrats! Any plans for it?
Nope. Drive it like I stole it! Only thing I'll be tweaking is the alignment. The OEM wheels are wide enough to fit more rubber if I need. Just need to dial out that understeer at the limit.

Originally posted by heavyD
I like the color but it's going to hurt resale (if you care about that). What are the tuning/performance options out there for this car? You aren't going to cover this thing with 3M are you?
It's already 3M'd. I decided to lease this instead of buying it because ISF resale values are terrible. The nice thing about the incentives and discounts is that they're applied after residual, so you get full value on the discounts. Coupled with 0% interest, it's a pretty solid deal.

Cos
09-10-2015, 12:59 PM

D'z Nutz
09-10-2015, 01:00 PM
I quite like it, but it's definitely not the type of car I'd associate you with.

Cos
09-10-2015, 01:10 PM

killramos
09-10-2015, 01:10 PM
huh, you really thought it was better than the M4?

Or is it really just the money that got you into it?

Odd time to buy a summer car :rofl:

rage2
09-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Cos
I don't think anyone guessed it on facebook either did they?
Nope. You guys are out to lunch on FB, no way could I afford a GT3 RS or a McLaren today, nor could I even use it with so many kids to drive around.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
I quite like it, but it's definitely not the type of car I'd associate you with.
Not Black. Not Mercedes. Not European. Pretty much the complete opposite of what I usually buy. Looking back, it's the first Japanese car I've bought in 12 years if you don't count the Yaris.

Originally posted by killramos
huh, you really thought it was better than the M4?

Or is it really just the money that got you into it?

Odd time to buy a summer car :rofl:
I never said the M4 was a better car. It's much faster, and kills it in every way possible when looking at performance. The M4 is unbelievable in the high speed corners. So neutral, just turns and goes. For how I'm driving the car, I just liked the RC-F better. Better interior, better drift control, better throttle response. None of those seem to matter for others, which is why M4 consistently beats down on the RC-F in reviews.

And yes, the Chinese in me says go for the deal. Best time to buy a summer car right now, if you're going for the deal. :D

schocker
09-10-2015, 01:18 PM
I would have never guessed. Nice car but I thought you were smitten with the M4! Nice vomit colored one in my parking lot everyday and now I have grown to like it. The RCF does sound great though.

KRyn
One more question!

How does the transmission in the Lexus compare to the BS, BMW and any other cars you test drove?

Okay maybe two, did you get the Performance Package?
I couldn't imagine this car without a proper differential.

I will also agree to your comment about the N/A V8. Unfortunately it is a dying breed.

D'z Nutz
Originally posted by rage2
Not Black. Not Mercedes. Not European. Pretty much the complete opposite of what I usually buy. Looking back, it's the first Japanese car I've bought in 12 years if you don't count the Yaris.

Haha yeah I was thinking of the last car that was an odd choice for you and came to the conclusion this was a step up from the Yaris :rofl:

killramos
09-10-2015, 01:21 PM

And yes, the Chinese in me says go for the deal. Best time to buy a summer car right now, if you're going for the deal. :D

Except for the 6 months of lease payments you will be making while its parked :rofl:

How long did you lease for 24? Like paying 25% over MSRP :poosie:

rage2
09-10-2015, 01:31 PM
How does the transmission in the Lexus compare to the BS, BMW and any other cars you test drove?
First test drive, thought the transmission was slow. Click the paddle, nothing happens, holds gears, and eventually it shifts. It got a little better later, I thought I just had to push the paddles harder. Turns out, you have to wait till it warms up before it works properly, and unfortunately, there wasn't a transmission temp gauge. Second test drive, it was really good.

So transmission rankings, the M4 DCT transmission, no competition. It's hands down the best transmission I've driven.

Tied in 2nd place would be the Mercedes 7G-MCT (from my BS) and the RC-F 8 speed. There's some differences between the 2. The RC-F has ever so slightly quicker paddle push to actual shift, while the 7G-MCT is a little firmer on shifts. Overall, both are close, they're both locked up pretty good (MB using wet clutch) so there's no slack in throttle response.

3rd place would be the non BS 7G MCT, which is slightly slower in terms of paddle click to shift time.

4th place would be the ZF 8 speed auto found in BMWs. But it's still a very good gearbox, which goes to show how good automatic transmissions have become.

If you want to throw the GLA45 7 speed DCT in there, it'd be between the first and second. I haven't driven the new C63S yet, so I can't say how good/bad that transmission is. I've heard it's even better than the BS gearbox.

Originally posted by killramos
Except for the 6 months of lease payments you will be making while its parked :rofl:
It makes no difference. 36 months is 36 months. If I lease it now, I'm paying for 6 months of winter first before driving it. If I lease it in the spring, I'm paying for 6 months of winter before I return the car in the final year of the lease.

killramos
09-10-2015, 01:36 PM

It makes no difference. 36 months is 36 months. If I lease it now, I'm paying for 6 months of winter first before driving it. If I lease it in the spring, I'm paying for 6 months of winter before I return the car in the final year of the lease.

Its true its true, i just know it would eat at me personally. :whipped:

Disoblige
09-10-2015, 01:45 PM
Just drive the car in the winter when it's dry, knowing the Calgary winters we get. It's a lease, who cares :rofl:

rage2
09-10-2015, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Just drive the car in the winter when it's dry, knowing the Calgary winters we get. It's a lease, who cares :rofl:
I've always done that. I drove my BS at least once every month last year.

roopi
09-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Just in time for Halloween. :thumbsup:

blownz
09-10-2015, 01:57 PM
...it's not as bad as the reviews says it is.

This part just sounds like you are settling lol

Definitely a good price and should be fun. I just can't get over the looks. Is the new nav control better than the old mouse? That thing is crap and was a deal-breaker back when I was comparing the GS to 535.

max_boost
09-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Orange you glad you got it. Enjoy bud. Recession car deal #1? lol

Are we gonna see $15k off brand new M3's in Jan? haha

rage2
09-10-2015, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by blownz
This part just sounds like you are settling lol

Definitely a good price and should be fun. I just can't get over the looks. Is the new nav control better than the old mouse? That thing is crap and was a deal-breaker back when I was comparing the GS to 535.
Not settling at all. I like the car. I wouldn't have gotten it if I didn't like driving it, that would be pointless. I just brought up the negative reviews because if you google up Chris Harris' review, he basically bashes the car for the entire 10 mins, which isn't really Chris Harris' style. I just assumed before I drove it that it was a POS. It's not.

Touchpad controls are silly. That I'll have to live with.

Originally posted by max_boost
Orange you glad you got it. Enjoy bud. Recession car deal #1? lol

Are we gonna see $15k off brand new M3's in Jan? haha
If brand new M3's move at $15k off in Jan, I'd be disappointed I didn't go for a vert.

Tik-Tok
09-10-2015, 02:11 PM
Orange you glad you got it. Enjoy bud.

You could say.... Orange is the New Black...

https://jennelala.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/david_caruso_sunglasses.jpg

Disoblige
09-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

WOW DUDE. POST OF THE YEAR.

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/worship.gif

EK 2.0
09-10-2015, 02:19 PM
Interesting...

Like D'z says not something I would picture you in...but I am sure you will have a blast with it...

benyl
09-10-2015, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

https://jennelala.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/david_caruso_sunglasses.jpg :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A790
09-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Pick me up, let's go for a drive. I'd like to pick one of these up next year :)

Mibz
09-10-2015, 02:31 PM
I couldn't imagine this car without a proper differential. Non-perf has a Torsen LSD, perf has a torque vectoring LSD. One might say the Torsen is more proper :P

benyl
09-10-2015, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Non-perf has a Torsen LSD, perf has a torque vectoring LSD. One might say the Torsen is more proper :P

The Torsen can get just as sideways as the TVD. ;)

86max
09-10-2015, 02:36 PM

Touchpad controls are silly. That I'll have to live with.

Congrats, the Solar Flare paint looks great in the sun!

Touchpad is super annoying, luckily you can get around it with voice commands for the most part.

Jlude
09-10-2015, 02:37 PM
The guesses on FB were way off. Jordan seemed to know, but didn't spill. The fucking orange smiley face picture makes sense now that I know what the car is.

I haven't driven one yet, but know someone who picked one up recently and he loves it.

I thought you hated Lexus/Toyota?

Mibz
09-10-2015, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by benyl
The Torsen can get just as sideways as the TVD. ;) I dunno why you're winking, but that's what I'm saying. The Torsen is probably better for douche driving whereas the TVD would be better on a track.

ExtraSlow
09-10-2015, 02:52 PM
Plus, now you can get a pedicure when you take it for an oil change! That's what really sold this car, isn't it?

quick_scar
09-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Where did the BS end up? Private sale, or back to the dealer?

KRyn
09-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Non-perf has a Torsen LSD, perf has a torque vectoring LSD. One might say the Torsen is more proper :P

Interesting, I would like to drive both back to back and see how the vectoring diff changes driving characteristics.

Mibz
09-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Plus, now you can get a pedicure when you take it for an oil change! That's what really sold this car, isn't it? He says he'll give those to his wife and I was telling him to just do it himself. Fuckin' spa afternoon followed by driving a freshly serviced car? I'd do that shit in a heartbeat.

Commanderwiggin
09-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Wow totally didn't expect this! Congrats on the Orange Machine!

killramos
09-10-2015, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by quick_scar
Where did the BS end up? Private sale, or back to the dealer?

kulu sold it in a day or something silly like that.

BensonTT
09-10-2015, 03:22 PM
Finally a nice car! lol :)

Proyecto2000
09-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Sweet car! :bigpimp:

ThePlaymaker
09-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Nice car man!

Skyline_Addict
09-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Not what i was expecting. Congrats

16hypen3sp
09-10-2015, 03:48 PM
Pretty cool! Nice car!

J.M.
09-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Awesome!

rage2
09-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Interesting, I would like to drive both back to back and see how the vectoring diff changes driving characteristics.
Standard diff feels like a standard diff. Simple.

Haven't had a chance to push the TVD yet (thanks South traffic), flipped it in Slalom mode and lane changes feels weird, like rear wheel steering weird. Didn't try track mode.

Give me some time, I can give you a proper review of the difference between the standard and TVD diff quite easily.

He says he'll give those to his wife and I was telling him to just do it himself. Fuckin' spa afternoon followed by driving a freshly serviced car? I'd do that shit in a heartbeat.
I don't like people touching my feet.

R154
09-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Gross. What is happening in the world.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-10-2015, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
The guesses on FB were way off.

To be fair, most of the FB guesses were jokes, I think we all knew that if a McLaren or GT3 were in the picture he'd have already bought one.

That said, if the GT350s were already hitting dealers that would have been my guess. :rofl: Never would have thought it was a Lexus.

How's the orange look in person? The picture gives it a cream peachy-orange look, is that pretty close to real life or is that just the lighting?

86max
09-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

How's the orange look in person? The picture gives it a cream peachy-orange look, is that pretty close to real life or is that just the lighting?

This picture of an RC350 shows it a bit better

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/attachments/rc-1st-gen-2015-present/350858d1420090544-new-year-with-new-rc-350-f-sport-10904398_10203440515948714_7379351852703656505_o.jpg

guessboi
09-10-2015, 05:03 PM
Looks like you got a heck of a deal...Congrats and I like the color.
Also the 2 back seats are usable for kids. :thumbsup:

xnvy
09-10-2015, 05:18 PM
That colour is awesome. :love:

I didn't know you sold the BS but that explains why I saw it on Glenmore a while ago with no Rage2 plate.

01RedDX
09-10-2015, 05:53 PM

benyl
09-10-2015, 06:16 PM
The problem with the GT350 is that there is only one transmission option.

Coryz
09-10-2015, 06:29 PM
I did almost the same thing!

Picked up a white RCF non-perf. pkg (like having a sunroof)

Sold the 2014 AMG 507 sedan for it

I really like it so far.

revelations
09-10-2015, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Coryz
I did almost the same thing!

Picked up a white RCF non-perf. pkg (like having a sunroof)

I really like it so far.

:werd: Just the the Lexus online price/build w/o Perf and it came to $83k.

Blue
09-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Curious whats the tag you bought it for.
Didn't concider the rs5 at all?

max_boost
09-10-2015, 07:25 PM
A790: You should have kept yours! :devil:

rob the knob
09-10-2015, 07:28 PM
HOT STUFF!!!

flipstah
09-10-2015, 07:29 PM
I love orange but that is not my cup of tea haha.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Totally didn't see this coming. Especially the color (which looks awesome).

KRyn
09-10-2015, 07:37 PM

Haven't had a chance to push the TVD yet (thanks South traffic), flipped it in Slalom mode and lane changes feels weird, like rear wheel steering weird. Didn't try track mode.

Give me some time, I can give you a proper review of the difference between the standard and TVD diff quite easily.

Looking forward to it.

Darkane
09-10-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm a fan of what this car is supposed to be. Big V8 coupe. Built well and you can drive the piss out of it every time.

I could see myself in one of these in 5 years. Rage have a beyond jam again so I can come check it out after we belt out some tunes ;).

R-Audi
09-10-2015, 07:41 PM
Exhaust will make you like it even more... Not sure if there is one in Calgary with exhaust yet or not. I think Jeff (LoPro) had ordered the Apexi one.

Mibz
09-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Exhaust will make you like it even more... Not sure if there is one in Calgary with exhaust yet or not. I think Jeff (LoPro) had ordered the Apexi one. 86max's sounds tits on glass amazing.

Redlined_8000
09-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Nice ride! I think the reviews are pretty hard on the RC-F. Im sure it drives great, and should be really reliable. Curious if your GLA45 is faster than it however lol.

Gripenfelter
09-10-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm still in shock. Looks like something I would buy.

Congrats on your RELIABLE M3. :thumbsup:

A set of headers and JoeZ exhaust will put that car in the low 12s like the IS F.

J.M.
09-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Anyone else spot the black one around town with the TE37's? Looks killer

Sugarphreak
09-10-2015, 09:29 PM

relyt92
09-10-2015, 09:34 PM
Ever since I saw my first RCF on the road, which was a white one at dusk I've loved these, very understated if it wasn't that sunshine orange you've got. Would love to pick one up in like 10 years lol.

danno
09-10-2015, 09:59 PM
i don't see those on the road very often but i saw a rc350 and i thought the back end looked horrible with the black trim pieces in it. I had to double check that it wasn't a rcf, the back end of this car is much better. congrats hope you enjoy it. mercedes must have been coming off warranty?

bjstare
09-11-2015, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by J.M.

I'm pretty sure I came across his instagram the other day. If it's the one I'm thinking of, he's also got Joe-Z exhaust on it.

Coryz
09-11-2015, 08:11 AM
Dear Beyond:

What should I do? Thanks to this thread, I have found out that the car I purchased 3 weeks ago is about to become the beyond civic lol.

option 1) The new Prius Hybrid

option 2) huge mod list

rage2
09-11-2015, 08:26 AM
Dear Beyond:

What should I do? Thanks to this thread, I have found out that the car I purchased 3 weeks ago is about to become the beyond civic lol.

option 1) The new Prius Hybrid

option 2) huge mod list
Option 2 for sure. Don't worry, there aren't enough discounted 2015s left to become Beyond Civic status.

86max
09-11-2015, 08:49 AM
These Advans look pretty nice with the orange ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/jdmstylez/LexusRCF/20150728_181948_zpshk74i9pm.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/jdmstylez/LexusRCF/20150728_182016_zpspml0mz7o.jpg

Coryz
09-11-2015, 08:53 AM
Haha ya fair enough. Southpointe lexus in Edmoton had a red and blue performance pack left when I was there.
We should do an RCF meet!

topsecret
09-11-2015, 09:23 AM

He wants to sell those TE37's....Rage you should buy them! ;)

rage2
09-11-2015, 09:40 AM
I'm in!

A790
09-11-2015, 09:51 AM
A790: You should have kept yours! :devil:
Short term pain, long term gain amigo!

Building wealth sometimes requires sacrifice.

benyl
09-11-2015, 10:01 AM

You guys can get together and bitch about the shitty touch pad! haha

Dave P
09-11-2015, 10:15 AM
You should put some 01 decals, but in Chinese on the side. haha.

BavarianBeast
09-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Anybody developing a blower or turbo for these cars?

n1zm0
09-11-2015, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Dave P

so just a - :rofl:

rage2
09-11-2015, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Dave P
haha that's a great idea, too bad it's got a black CF roof, other wise it'd make a great General Ree.

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
Anybody developing a blower or turbo for these cars?
Lexus is. There's supposedly a 600hp TT V8 RC-FS or something in 2017.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-11-2015, 11:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4kaSuZf.jpg

General Tso is that you?

BerserkerCatSplat
09-11-2015, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

General Tso

:rofl:

BensonTT
09-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Lexus makes some pretty nice looking cars now.. Only thing I don't like are those Nike led lights..

Gripenfelter
09-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Paint a Japanese flag on the roof instead of the Union Jack.

Or you could paint a blue "b" on the roof as a flag. :D

Team_Mclaren
09-11-2015, 09:36 PM

that belongs to one of the OGs here.

Tik-Tok
09-11-2015, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Gripenfelter
Paint a Japanese flag on the roof instead of the Union Jack.

Or you could paint a blue "b" on the roof as a flag. :D

Not just any flag, would have to be The Rising Sun to match the sentiment of the General Lee ;)

Coryz
09-11-2015, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by benyl

You guys can get together and bitch about the shitty touch pad! haha

Tell me about it, picked up the wife an NX in the spring, same system

lint
09-12-2015, 01:46 PM
I see one parked at the Calgary gymnastic center right now. the orange definitely stands out.

mrsingh
09-12-2015, 05:05 PM
Damn Rage; never pictured you in a Lexus, very nice!

With the price on oil in the gutter I'm trying to hoard cash as much as possible no new rides for me anytime soon. :(

VWEvo
09-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Nice car saw you close to crowfoot jump onto crowchild. I thought I would go for a spirited drive in my m5 with you but you turned off onto Stoney.

rage2
09-12-2015, 09:11 PM
Spotted twice in 1 day haha.

Originally posted by lint
I see one parked at the Calgary gymnastic center right now. the orange definitely stands out.
Ya, kid had gymnastics there today. Were you in my class? I look a lot different than the last time I saw you. Gained a bit of weight haha. I was the one with the only kid that didn't listen to instructions. :rofl:

Originally posted by VWEvo
Nice car saw you close to crowfoot jump onto crowchild. I thought I would go for a spirited drive in my m5 with you but you turned off onto Stoney.
Haha that was you. Would've went for a run but I had a clear path to a high speed corner there. Was tweaking tire pressures to adjust the handling a little. Next up front track and alignment. I think I can get this car to rotate like its competitors instead of default safe mode.

lint
09-13-2015, 10:15 AM
Spotted twice in 1 day haha.
Ya, kid had gymnastics there today. Were you in my class? I look a lot different than the last time I saw you. Gained a bit of weight haha. I was the one with the only kid that didn't listen to instructions. :rofl

my kid is over in the cangym side this year. was super busy so I just sat outside at the picnic tables and read. your kid in the parented class? will look for you next week

Sugarphreak
09-13-2015, 11:57 AM

killramos
09-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

There is a reason why the Batmobile was black and not orange, haha

If he painted it silver it would be completely invisible lol.