PDA

View Full Version : Monster Trucks seat question

78si
09-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Looking for last minute tickets for the Monster trucks this Sunday. Is there anything wrong with section 510 at the Stampede Grand Stand? For some reason the whole section is still available. Anything decent seems to be sold out or single seating.
Thanks!!

C_Dave45
09-11-2015, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by 78si
Looking for last minute tickets for the Monster trucks this Sunday. Is there anything wrong with section 510 at the Stampede Grand Stand? For some reason the whole section is still available. Anything decent seems to be sold out or single seating.
Thanks!!

The place never even gets close to selling out. Buy the cheapest seat you can, then you can just move around and find an empty aisle seat.

I always laugh at these people scouring their tickets, looking up, down, up, down...looking for their seat when almost the entire section is bare. A decent seat is the first row in the 700's. No one in front of you and a bar to put your feet up on.

I just bought 14 tickets for a group of us. Stupid tickets end up costing $45 a piece. And that's the cheapest!!

mr2mike
09-11-2015, 09:33 AM
My advice... get Dave's cell # and when you get there meet him and follow his lead. He sounds like a seasoned vet on this WestJet move of the game.

C_Dave45
09-11-2015, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by mr2mike
My advice... get Dave's cell # and when you get there meet him and follow his lead. He sounds like a seasoned vet on this WestJet move of the game.

ROFL!! Oh God, I hate to admit it, but yes, I AM a seasoned vet of the *sigh*, Monster Jam entertainment world.

We've been going since our oldest boy was about 6 yrs old. That was over 20 years ago. Monster Jam inside, Monster Jam outside, Monster Jam Vancouver, Edmonton. Next year we are supposed to go to Monster Jam World Finals in Las Vegas, the Mecca of Monster Jam.

Personally I'd rather stab my eyes out than go. But you do what you gotta do for your kids.

I rate it right up there with WWE. :barf:

rage2
09-11-2015, 09:46 AM
I've been to both the grandstand side, and the infield side. You're a lot closer to the action on the infield side, but tickets are more expensive.

Like Dave says, grandstand side, just move around anywhere. Nobody really sits in their own seats. Infield typically is pretty well sold, but you can sneak up to front row as kids get bored and the parents leave.

Unlike Dave, I love monster trucks and WWE. I have to drag the kids there as an excuse to go.

C_Dave45
09-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by rage2
I've been to both the grandstand side, and the infield side. You're a lot closer to the action on the infield side, but tickets are more expensive.

Like Dave says, grandstand side, just move around anywhere. Nobody really sits in their own seats. Infield typically is pretty well sold, but you can sneak up to front row as kids get bored and the parents leave.

Unlike Dave, I love monster trucks and WWE. I have to drag the kids there as an excuse to go.

LOL...Lucky guy! I get my joy by seeing my son enjoy it. He just loves it. He has T-shirts in every size as he's grown up on it, and each shirt is filled with Signatures of all the drivers. His dream is to get a job in a Monster Jam Truck Crew.

Las Vegas is gonna be 'spensive!! 3 day pass is $200...US. EACH!! Plus hotel, airfare, etc, etc, etc. Still worth it to see the joy on his face. He said he wants to do the World Finals once in his life. He turns 21 in January, so we're off to Vegas in March!

CompletelyNumb
09-11-2015, 10:02 AM
I won tickets on the radio to go on saturday AND sunday :nut: Some VIP thing, pit passes, meet and greet, and infield.

And I've never seen a monster truck in my life :dunno:

Can I get drunk like at a baseball game?

C_Dave45
09-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
I won tickets on the radio to go on saturday AND sunday :nut: Some VIP thing, pit passes, meet and greet, and infield.

And I've never seen a monster truck in my life :dunno:

Can I get drunk like at a baseball game?

You betcha! That part I do enjoy. The food and drink. Wow, what a nice prize!!!!!! Bring yourself ear plugs. Seriously. Don't NOT bring any.

I have a bit of a pet peave about this. These are 1,500 HP engines running open headers at full throttle. It's ear-splitting, heart-pounding volume levels. (Even worse when it's indoors). And I see parents with little babies screaming and crying because of the volume. And then I see the event organizers charging up to $4.00 for a pair of 10 cent ear plugs!!! Or worse, the $10 "Monster Jam ear muffs" I can't help but think there's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ac/b6/e5/acb6e5116e44e68d9ee5f4e0fafc1711.jpg

I usually bring a dozen or so pairs and I'll offer them to parents that come unprepared.

F1 provides barelfulls of free earplugs all over at their events. And it's not as loud as Monster Jam.

78si
09-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Thanks Dave!
I hope my son (3yrs) has a good time. :)

sillysod
09-11-2015, 12:19 PM
you will pay for the whole seat, but you will only need the edge

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/modeltruckshop/fastrax.jpg

CompletelyNumb
09-12-2015, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

You betcha! That part I do enjoy. The food and drink. Wow, what a nice prize!!!!!! Bring yourself ear plugs. Seriously. Don't NOT bring any. .

Turned out to be pretty darn fun. Got into the pits an hour before the public. Met all the drivers. Got inside the trucks. Pretty darn cool! Had front row infield tickets....forgot earplugs :burnout:

78si
09-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

You betcha! That part I do enjoy. The food and drink. Wow, what a nice prize!!!!!! Bring yourself ear plugs. Seriously. Don't NOT bring any.

I have a bit of a pet peave about this. These are 1,500 HP engines running open headers at full throttle. It's ear-splitting, heart-pounding volume levels. (Even worse when it's indoors). And I see parents with little babies screaming and crying because of the volume. And then I see the event organizers charging up to $4.00 for a pair of 10 cent ear plugs!!! Or worse, the $10 "Monster Jam ear muffs" I can't help but think there's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ac/b6/e5/acb6e5116e44e68d9ee5f4e0fafc1711.jpg

I usually bring a dozen or so pairs and I'll offer them to parents that come unprepared.

F1 provides barelfulls of free earplugs all over at their events. And it's not as loud as Monster Jam.

My son had a good time! I brought extra plugs for the peeps around us. Border line child abuse not have your kids ears protected. Section 510 was really good. :thumbsup:

C_Dave45
09-13-2015, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by 78si

My son had a good time! I brought extra plugs for the peeps around us. Border line child abuse not have your kids ears protected. Section 510 was really good. :thumbsup:
Glad to hear that. We were in 513. Really sucked about the Pit Party with the weather. My wife went to Monster Jam management and complained. They comp'd us 14 tickets plus pit passes for next year's show!!

rx7boi
09-14-2015, 01:14 PM
We went on Saturday.

Sweet show! Thought that ATV racing was a bit boring though. Most came for the monsters :clap: :clap:

Graham_A_M
10-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by sillysod
you will pay for the whole seat, but you will only need the edge

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/modeltruckshop/fastrax.jpg holy shit. I remember seeing pics of this as a kid. I used to be so into these when I was younger, I have a book about monster trucks from 1990 ish.

What ever happened to this "tank"? What was it called again? Jesus.... memory lane
:eek: :eek: